XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Good Experience With Nalley Jaguar...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Good Experience With Nalley Jaguar...

Brought the car in today for the intermittent touch screen. They did a software upgrade so we'll see how that works out. Based on what I've read here I do not have high expectations for that fix. I was also able to get the "build sheet" which gives me all of the info about this car; what the car looked like out of the factory including installed options, serial numbers of components, who initially sold it, previous owners known to Jaguar and what services have been done.

About two weeks ago I ordered the '11 - '12 nav disc update from Dave. That was in and they installed it n/c. I had mucked up my floor mats trying to clean them so I ordered new ones at the same time which were also in. Well, in the meantime, figuring what have I got to lose I put my floor mats through the washer and dryer ( the missus was NOT home) and they came out good as new.

Steve was there today so I told him the floor mat story and that I really did not need them. His response was "not a problem." I offered to buy them anyway or pay a restocking fee and his response was "not a problem."

Now I'm fortunate that I live ten miles from the dealership. Nalley gets a fair amount of good press on this forum. I just wanted to let you folks on this forum who order from them to know from first hand experience that they are truly customer driven. Steve and Dave will give you a fair deal.

This is my first Jaguar and my first encounter with Nalley Jaguar. I am in no way associated with them. I merely wanted to share a good experience in an arena where there can be so many bad ones.

Regards,

Last edited by TFlan; 03-20-2012 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Additional information.
The following users liked this post:
Cadillac (03-21-2012)
Old 03-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  19.3 KB

Tom, always nice to see yet ANOTHER post of this type about a vendor...........I can only say soo many times that Nalley do indeed rock, their customer service and pricing seem right on the money and everyones happy.

To be fair though, I'm glad you posted this.......we all already know about Nalley's parts dept and how well they perform. Its nice to see someone posting about their service dept as well ( I assume you are? )...............I'd love to see more of these as I continually advise people to consider them if they live in that area.

Thanks again Tom

Old 03-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Hi Jim,

The service department was great. I, by choice, waited for about four hours while the update computer did its magic. Amy, my service associate, offered me a loaner car from the get-go. Around lunchtime she advised me that I had another hour or so wait and asked if I would like a loaner car to go get somwething to eat. Jeeeez, that's customer service.

There are a few of us around here that have this advantage. It might be a tad bit more than a day trip for you and some others.

These folks at Nalley seem to have a corporate culture of "the answer is yes, what's the question." Hard to top that.

Sincerely,

Old 03-21-2012, 05:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Thanks for your feedback , it's good to see vendors are performing a good job and attention to customer satisfaction

Old 03-21-2012, 07:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  19.3 KB

Originally Posted by TFlan
Hi Jim,

The service department was great. I, by choice, waited for about four hours while the update computer did its magic. Amy, my service associate, offered me a loaner car from the get-go. Around lunchtime she advised me that I had another hour or so wait and asked if I would like a loaner car to go get somwething to eat. Jeeeez, that's customer service.

There are a few of us around here that have this advantage. It might be a tad bit more than a day trip for you and some others.

These folks at Nalley seem to have a corporate culture of "the answer is yes, what's the question." Hard to top that.

Sincerely,
Many thanks for the reply, just what I was looking for.

We've ALWAYS had great posts outlining the top service / pricing offered by the parts dept, and there's been a few hints about the servicing side, but nothing too conclusive as far as I can remember.

This now seals it IMO and I will now promote Nalley even more and mention the servicing side to new prospective members in the area.

Thanks again

Old 03-21-2012, 08:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 218 Posts

It's good to see some of our Jag dealers get some over due credit. I can attest that I have never had a bad experience at a Jag dealer.

I think the issue is that most of our Forum members are after mkt buyers, read used, and as such are more sensitive to maintenance cost. Certainly, I'm one of those. I know that I have seen some service charges that blew my hair back. But, the fact is, it costs big money to operate a first class dealership and the woods are full of defunct dealerships who lost money on service.

The other issue is that the nature of these Auto Forums "plays up" the negative issues and there is a "bread of cat" out there that expects to have their feet washed before entering the temple, if you get my meaning. Some call it the God complex.

Mind you, there is nothing wrong with seeking out the most economical source of service/parts but a lot of the blame for high service costs belongs not with the dealer but the engineering/design dept of the manufacturer. Have you ever looked at the high cost of Japanese parts?

So lets ease up on the dealer network. Where would we be without them? The answer is, we would be driving Volkswagen Bugs.

Last edited by tarhealcracker; 03-22-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Bought some parts from them on the phone and they were great.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:00 AM
RJC
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

My dealership's service dept is excellent and are very eager to help get my car sorted out. I think for Jaguar to compete with the likes of Lexus,Porsche,MB etc they need to really step up to the plate (and it appears they are) in service in order to retain customers as other than maybe for a year or two Jag has not been the best in initial quality; my car can attest to that

2011 JD Power Nameplate IQS Ranking
Problems per 100 Vehicles

Nameplate PP100
Lexus 73
Honda 86
Acura 89
Mercedes-Benz 94
Mazda 100
Porsche 100
Toyota 101
Infiniti 102
Cadillac 103
GMC 104
Industry Average 107
Hyundai 108
Subaru 108
BMW 109
Chevrolet 109
Volvo 109
Chrysler 110
Lincoln 111
Audi 113
Kia 113
Buick 114
Jaguar 114
Ram 114
Ford 116
Nissan 117
Jeep 122
Land Rover 123
Scion 123
MINI 131
Volkswagen 131
Mitsubishi 133
Suzuki 136
Dodge 137

Old 03-22-2012, 10:14 AM
Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

Grain of salt those JD numbers. Because it has as much to do with a customers understanding of a vehicle as it does for actual problems. Witness Ford's meteoric plunge from a top ranking previously to where it is on that list. And that's almost exclusively due to customers inability to understand Sync.

Not that I'm arguing really as to 'niggles' in Jag's. I still have this weird intermittent problem where a few to most of my Sirius presets get reset to 'preview' instead of what I set them at. I can't explain why... it just does it. Plus the one time the Sirius radio refused to get any signal at all until I left the car off for 15 minutes. <shrugs> Ghosts in the machine, Control?

Old 03-22-2012, 12:14 PM
RJC
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

The Power numbers are indicative of overall initial satisfaction and it's also no surprise that Lexus, Honda and Acura are almost always in the top 3. Jaguar made the # 1 spot in initial quality just once I believe in 09 and was never back there again. It's the consistency in the numbers to look for...

Jaguar did do quite well in dependability however and true to form has probably not left many stranded, but the annoying little problems like yours, mine and others are what they need to focus on.

Our 2010 Lexus IS has been bulletproof.

It also important for us here to judge the cars initial quality of it being from new (first 90 days), as it appears quite a few here have purchased preowned and the pervious owner had to deal with those initial bugs like I'm doing now. Once I sort out all my issues and if I were to sell the car the next guy may say it was the most problem free car he's ever owned...

Last edited by RJC; 03-22-2012 at 12:24 PM.