XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Headlamp / Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 02:42 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Headlamp / Warranty

Booked my XKR into main dealer for service and MOT and as 'Sods Law' would have it I started to get dash warning on front indicator bulb, problem was that it wasn't the bulb as it was working intermittently. Anyway, warned workshop in advance for MOT, and for some strange reason they still put the car through the MOT and surprise surprise it failed!

The dealer diagnosed the fault as the whole unit needing to be replaced as the washer unit had been leaking into the unit, new headlamp unit £1000+, the good news I suppose was the work was covered under the warranty! Incidentally they did advise that they plugged faulty drivers side unit into the passenger side and the fault showed up therefore confiming a dodgy unit?

Received a voicemail today and with the new unit fitted the problem still exists

Eventually got hold of them to suggest that they may want to look at the earth points only to be told that they have spent most of tne afternoon stripping the front end of the car to check the earth points! I was a little 'stressed' when they advised me that a representative from the warranty company was present to assess the work being carried out, I did recieve confirmation that the costs are covered by the warrantyI just wonder if any of these dealers, on the technical side, take any interest in these type of forums as this is the second time I have had to call a dealer who was having issues tracing a problem and offer a tuppence worth based on the information readily available on a forum! Thankfully first time the costs were also covered through a warranty!

Hopefully they will sus out the faulty earth and I will get my car back, I do have an XF as a courtesy car but it's not an XKR!

Old 05-20-2015, 02:58 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Update on the headlamp, surprised surprise it was the earth! After all the effort of removing and ordering new headlamp unit it was down to the earth. Not really all that fussed as there was no real charge to me. Couple of plus's though; they sorted the attachment of my front grill which was suspect and they dress addressed some damage that was caused to my steering wheel when I put it into an 'Air Carpark' when I was away for a long weekend! All in all a happy chap once again!