Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   ISO XKR (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/iso-xkr-214208/)

insomniac_driver 02-19-2019 11:38 PM

ISO XKR

Hello everyone, recently sold my 2003 S-Type R and would like to grab something newer, faster, and more reliable. XKR seems to fit the bill along with a bit of gas saving. That being said, I am ISO a very low mileage XKR coupe 2007-2015. Priced accordingly. I am looking for a very good deal on one. I am located in the greater Philadelphia area. Would also be interested in a 2013-2015 XF Supercharged at the right price, but I really like the XKR over anything else.

Thanks,
Chris

Stuart S 02-20-2019 08:12 AM

From the Marketplace section of this Forum:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/m...le_engine%5D=0

Because these cars are rare, I recommend that you expand your search to all models nationwide as you will increase the odds of finding "the one" with low mileage. Don't worry about how far away it may be, as you can arrange for a local Jaguar dealer to do a Pre-Purchase Inspection prior to sealing the deal. Good luck with your search, and be patient as it might take some time to find "the one".

insomniac_driver 02-20-2019 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Stuart S (Post 2030023)
From the Marketplace section of this Forum:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/m...le_engine%5D=0

Because these cars are rare, I recommend that you expand your search to all models nationwide as you will increase the odds of finding "the one" with low mileage. Don't worry about how far away it may be, as you can arrange for a local Jaguar dealer to do a Pre-Purchase Inspection prior to sealing the deal. Good luck with your search, and be patient as it might take some time to find "the one".

i agree I have been searching across the US, ideally I would like to pick it up myself but I am not opposed to picking up a super clean example and having it shipped to me. I have checked the marketplace, just haven’t seemed to find any that fit the bill. Thanks!

Cee Jay 02-20-2019 10:41 AM

2010+ XKs on Autotrader

neilr 02-20-2019 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Cee Jay (Post 2030086)

And they are not all black or white :)
Prices look good compared to Germany, if they are the bottom-line prices one actually pays ...

Queen and Country 02-20-2019 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by insomniac_driver (Post 2030057)
I have checked the marketplace, just haven’t seemed to find any that fit the bill. Thanks!

What's wrong with this one.
Its half price with 95% of life still left on it.
Its never seen salt, or flood.
Its practically new but half the price.

I can see that you keep your cars a long time, you want to start with something that has a lot of life left on it.
As a bonus you will get the new car experience, which can be made to last another 5 years or more on this car, take it from me.
Most importantly, when the rest of us bought our XKRs, one with only 8,000 miles on it would have cost $70k
This is a good deal if you can snag it for $48k and then get them to throw in the extended warranty. They are desperate now.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Stuart S 02-20-2019 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Queen and Country (Post 2030106)

Per the CarFax "Damage reported", but there are no details whatsoever. Due diligence demands details! It might be anything from a minor bumper cover to a major collision just short of being a total loss.

A Jaguar dealer can't CPO a vehicle that's been involved in an accident with more than a minor cosmetic repair. If they refuse to CPO it, you now know why. But you still might be interested in it at the right price.

shemp 02-20-2019 03:18 PM

There's a crap load on CarGurus. Just filter out for price, miles, select the XKR models only on the left and start looking. I'm sure you've done this already but I felt like looking as well :)

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...sModified=true

Seems they are pricier up by you.... Be careful around the southern states and Houston TX area as some might be flood cars. Not sure how to tell though from an ad. Probably worth paying for a PPI once you've found a contender.

sparky fuze 02-20-2019 04:10 PM

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=231642007

insomniac_driver 02-20-2019 05:57 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah I should have been more specific, I am not looking to spend anywhere near $50k for this car, i was hoping for A LOT less, to me, this car is not worth it for $50k, I would love a 5.0 XKR for the sake of the power and differential but will settle for a 4.2 XKR in terms of reliability. I really want the extra power and a differential though. I had my S-Type R for under two years and drove it almost 30k miles in a single year. Needless to say I drive a ton and I think a a more modern XK would improve the driving experience in terms of performance, reliability, and mpg. My STR was kinda a nightmare for me and this is the reasoning for desiring a low mileage example. I’m looking for a great deal not just a fair deal and I have been browsing cargurus, cars.com, Facebook marketplace and autotrader for weeks. Was hoping someone within the forums wanted to get rid of theirs.

jagtoes 02-20-2019 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by insomniac_driver (Post 2030258)
Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah I should have been more specific, I am not looking to spend anywhere near $50k for this car, i was hoping for A LOT less, to me, this car is not worth it for $50k, I would love a 5.0 XKR for the sake of the power and differential but will settle for a 4.2 XKR in terms of reliability. I really want the extra power and a differential though. I had my S-Type R for under two years and drove it almost 30k miles in a single year. Needless to say I drive a ton and I think a a more modern XK would improve the driving experience in terms of performance, reliability, and mpg. My STR was kinda a nightmare for me and this is the reasoning for desiring a low mileage example. I’m looking for a great deal not just a fair deal and I have been browsing cargurus, cars.com, Facebook marketplace and autotrader for weeks. Was hoping someone within the forums wanted to get rid of theirs.

Maybe you should let us know what your requirements are. Namely how much you want to pay and what is the mileage range you are looking for. Then the years you would consider and whether a coupe or convertible. I'm sure folks on the form would help in the hunt.

insomniac_driver 02-20-2019 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by jagtoes (Post 2030270)
Maybe you should let us know what your requirements are. Namely how much you want to pay and what is the mileage range you are looking for. Then the years you would consider and whether a coupe or convertible. I'm sure folks on the form would help in the hunt.

i am honestly looking for an insane deal on one and hope I don’t get laughed at but I have seen a handful before and lots of people are asking wayyyy too much versus what the actual value is. I really would like a 2010+ xkr coupe in non-black and ideally wouldn’t like to spend more than $20k for it. Ideally under 30k miles. I have seen one or two get swiped up immediately costing 22 or 21k with close to that mileage. For the 07-09 xkr ideally wouldn’t like to spend more than $15k for the same mileage also not black or red. My str was black and the summers here in Philadelphia were miserable plus the paint never stayed clean ever. Must be a coupe. But everyone lists the 4.2 xkr for nearly the same exact price as the 5.0 xkr so unless it’s a steal I really would prefer the 5.0. My str has the 4.2 and I trust it’s reliability 100% versus the engine in the 2010+ as well as the finicky electronics and so on. This car will be driven year round nonstop so I do find reliability important but I do desire the facelift for all it has to offer.

Cee Jay 02-20-2019 06:52 PM

If you'd be happy with a 4.2 XKR, then a 5.0 NON-R would be a great fit. A newer vehicle with slightly updated exterior and interior pieces. The performance will be nearly identical (almost) and it'd probably be lower price.

When you stated "through 2015" it was inferred that you had a bit more than $20k for a purchase, which is why the newer cars presented to you. $20k for any 2010+ XKR, especially with super-low miles, would not be a good example of the car.

Tp10XKR 02-20-2019 08:14 PM

Hello neighbor,
i recently purchased my 2010 XKR with 40k miles on the odometer after numerous weeks looking near and far. I bought mine at 26,500 from a Jag dealer and I don’t think I could have done any better on the price. I then had the wheels powder coated and had a oil leak fixed under the extended warranty I purchased with the car. I think your 20k price range is unrealistic for 10’ and newer, but wish you all the best of luck in your search.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...2c0e323ec.jpeg

Stuart S 02-20-2019 10:55 PM

$20K for a 5.0L XKR coupe with under 30,000 miles is unrealistic for a pristine no-paint-or-bodywork, fully documented car. You may think that a particular XKR is overpriced but it's not if the seller won't let it go for what you want to pay. You get what you pay for, and sometimes a whole lot less if you don't do your due diligence. There's a reason for a low price. See my post #7, above.

insomniac_driver 02-20-2019 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cee Jay (Post 2030279)
If you'd be happy with a 4.2 XKR, then a 5.0 NON-R would be a great fit. A newer vehicle with slightly updated exterior and interior pieces. The performance will be nearly identical (almost) and it'd probably be lower price.

When you stated "through 2015" it was inferred that you had a bit more than $20k for a purchase, which is why the newer cars presented to you. $20k for any 2010+ XKR, especially with super-low miles, would not be a good example of the car.

i only want an R model because I would modify the 4.2 xkr to meet my standards of power and performance. I do not like the NA 5.0s

insomniac_driver 02-20-2019 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tp10XKR (Post 2030309)
Hello neighbor,
i recently purchased my 2010 XKR with 40k miles on the odometer after numerous weeks looking near and far. I bought mine at 26,500 from a Jag dealer and I don’t think I could have done any better on the price. I then had the wheels powder coated and had a oil leak fixed under the extended warranty I purchased with the car. I think your 20k price range is unrealistic for 10’ and newer, but wish you all the best of luck in your search.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...2c0e323ec.jpeg

See now sub $25k especially if it had an extended warranty I’d highly consider, slightly out of budget, but I would strongly consider it.

Originally Posted by Stuart S (Post 2030349)
$20K for a 5.0L XKR coupe with under 30,000 miles is unrealistic for a pristine no-paint-or-bodywork, fully documented car. You may think that a particular XKR is overpriced but it's not if the seller won't let it go for what you want to pay. You get what you pay for, and sometimes a whole lot less if you don't do your due diligence. There's a reason for a low price. See my post #7, above.

Yes I agree, I am just setting expectations low. I have seen clean car fax perfectly maintained sub 40k mile 5.0 xkrs (in black which at that rate I’d consider) for under $25k.

If if I could have a 4.2 XKR with an LSD installed and some performance mods, I would be in a strong search of a 4.2, but it seems like my budget is only allowing for that. My logic is why pay close to 5.0 money for a 4.2 when I would buy a 5.0 and leave it alone...well other than exhaust modifications of course...but is the 4.2 much more bulletproof than the 5.0? I just really want that LSD for poor conditions and spirited driving. Why spend the money on a Quaife unit and other modifications when a stock 5.0 xkr has everything provided, plus mods don’t add value.

my 4.2 was amazing in my STR and other than the typical things like coil packs it never skipped a beat. But an extended warranty is much more attractive with a 5.0 in my eyes and a lot less headache. I am willing to stretch my budget slightly if the right car pops up.

as you all can see I am very torn but a good deal on either would make me very happy.

Stuart S 02-20-2019 11:23 PM

Patience ... "the one" is out there, don't settle for less. Regardless of how much you pay, it'll always be worth less but that's irrelevant if it's a keeper.

insomniac_driver 02-20-2019 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart S (Post 2030356)
Patience ... "the one" is out there, don't settle for less. Regardless of how much you pay, it'll always be worth less but that's irrelevant if it's a keeper.

Thank you I appreciate it! honestly I said that about my STR, but I think the most intelligent action is to buy with very low miles and sell before 100k miles.

if I am spending 30+k on a car that involved a loan which I would like to avoid at all costs, plus for that money there are so many other cars out there I could choose from which would be just as fast, more reliable, newer, and with lower miles. I’ve just been surrounded by jags for decades and love them too much to move on just yet!

insomniac_driver 02-21-2019 01:06 PM

From reading the forums and so on, it appears that the 2007 XKR seems to be the superior choice in terms of reliability. Performance can be reached as the 5.0 with minimal modifications and the kbb for the 2007 seems to be under &15k if it has 35k miles. With that being said, anyone know of any cars for sale?

Anyone agree with my logic in terms of reliability? Only thing that is making this car not the perfect car is no LSD as well as just a bit down on power. But reliability and gas mileage is much better. I have also heard that the 2007 cars are more reliable than the 2008-2009 cars too?