Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Reverso with Racing Green dial

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 03:09 PM
Received 333 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by tberg
michaelodonnel,
We bought them simultaneously. My wife wanted one, and then my elderly parents decided they wanted to get rid of their Cadillacs at the same time. So they were all new at the same time, before any problems had shown up, we had three of them. I should have suspected something was going to happen when we didn't make it the two blocks to the freeway from the dealership with no electrical in the 740 Turbo, no lights, gauges, seat adjustment, nothing, and a clunk in the rear end that sounded and felt like you'd run into a pool sized pothole. One week later, car was re-delivered, electrical was fine, but clunk was not addressed. We took it to another Volvo dealer for the work and finally got the car back after three weeks.

The problems for all three cars manifested themselves very rapidly, and we got rid of them all with very little mileage on any of them as the handwriting (and lots of time and money) was on the wall.
The Gods forgive you!

The following users liked this post:
tberg (01-25-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 01:19 PM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Not of the grandeur of the JLC ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richemont ), Filson proffers a butch-er Shinola (Detroit) made outdoorsey round watch with a version of British Racing Green face. Matte gold/brass finish with a NATO type dark brown leather band and buckles, rings to match the case (perchance tanned by Chicago's Horween). With a bit more "forest", it may be closer to an Aston racing green. I think it has been discontinued by Filson. Retail tagged @ $700, a few may be found at more upscale/higher volume TJ Maxx stores for circa $230. Also, eBay search in wristwatches: Fislon Scout Watch (I currently count 6, as described, on eBay.)

Last edited by GreyXK; 02-09-2017 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:03 AM
Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

My wife insisted on purchasing a V60 for her winter car, but found the standard T6 engine a bit of a dog, as her summer driver is 05 XKR. Then she test drove the 'Polestar', man that car is quick, at 4.8 secs to 60 it's nearly half a second faster than her Jag. Very comfortable seats, and a nice rorty exhaust note, she loves it!
Regards,

The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (02-11-2017)