Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   Life altering event (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/life-altering-event-223952/)

jagtoes 10-04-2019 04:38 PM

Life altering event

Back in 2014 I sold my old Ferrari 308 to look for a cruiser for my bride and I . Found a 2012 XKR in IRR in a convertible which fit the bill. Car only had 6K miles on it so I jumped on it. We enjoyed cruising and the ride of the car . I would also use it as my golf car and enjoyed some fun driving. So now I have 25K miles on it and it still looks new. Unfortunately life took a turn and after 2 years my bride was taken by cancer last month. As I go through the loss as well as all of the after changes I turn back to my enjoyment of automobile. Yesterday I looked at the intro video of the new C8 convertible and it appealed to my design tastes. The Jag is full of memories and I need to determine if I want to keep it or move on. So for now as fall comes on in the NE and the fall driving season is here I'll be riding up through the mountains in my car. I guess for now I'll put it away for the winter and wait until the C8 is available for orders . I'll make my decision at that time but I know it will be difficult which ever way I go. Enjoy the drive.

Thorsen 10-04-2019 04:56 PM

Life is short; enjoy it and those you love while you can. I'm sorry for your loss.

IanXF 10-04-2019 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by jagtoes (Post 2135108)
Back in 2014 I sold my old Ferrari 308 to look for a cruiser for my bride and I . Found a 2012 XKR in IRR in a convertible which fit the bill. Car only had 6K miles on it so I jumped on it. We enjoyed cruising and the ride of the car . I would also use it as my golf car and enjoyed some fun driving. So now I have 25K miles on it and it still looks new. Unfortunately life took a turn and after 2 years my bride was taken by cancer last month. As I go through the loss as well as all of the after changes I turn back to my enjoyment of automobile. Yesterday I looked at the intro video of the new C8 convertible and it appealed to my design tastes. The Jag is full of memories and I need to determine if I want to keep it or move on. So for now as fall comes on in the NE and the fall driving season is here I'll be riding up through the mountains in my car. I guess for now I'll put it away for the winter and wait until the C8 is available for orders . I'll make my decision at that time but I know it will be difficult which ever way I go. Enjoy the drive.

Sorry for your loss

Queen and Country 10-04-2019 05:21 PM

There really arent too many ways in life to buy enthusiasm.
If the new convertible corvette will bring you new passion, then its priceless, you will be buying life.

She will tell you what to do.
All my best.

Ngarara 10-04-2019 05:23 PM

Cancer's a bitch - and it certainly changes your life and those around you. You have my utter & heartfelt sympathy. My XKR & cancer journeys have been almost precisely parallel, with only a couple of months between the purchase of one and diagnosis of the other.

Kia kaha, my friend - be strong.

kj07xk 10-04-2019 06:17 PM

So sorry for your loss.
Hard decision ahead... but then, what would She say?
Might make the choice easier, if you're on the fence.

AlexJag 10-04-2019 06:31 PM

Sorry for your loss! You never know what can happen ! Enjoy what you can!

Sean W 10-04-2019 06:50 PM

JT, I'm really sorry to read of your wife's passing. Take care of yourself.

DGL 10-04-2019 07:07 PM

I've read many of your posts on the forum. Your enthusiasm for fine cars and the enjoyment you gain from them is obvious. Your bride would want you to enjoy your life to the fullest of your ability and she will always be a part of you regardless of what you do. Sorry to hear about this unfortunate change in your life. Celebrate your brides life and the time you spent together and continue the joy your passion for fine cars gives you. I also have my eye on the C8 convertible Z06. I don't even call in a corvette it's a completely new car.

shemp 10-04-2019 07:11 PM

Sorry for your loss jagtoes.

Granite6 10-04-2019 08:19 PM

Enjoy the laughs and smile while you can.
They will be the memories you hold most dear when they are gone.

I wish you all the best, and condolences on your loss.

vintageyz 10-04-2019 09:13 PM

Godspeed to your wife and the best thoughts for you. I fully believe she will send you a sign on what to do.

ralphwg 10-04-2019 09:49 PM

My deepest sympathy on your loss. And my encouragement as to your looking ahead. Whatever decision you make regarding the automobiles, it will be the right one for you.

George05 10-04-2019 11:18 PM

Sorry to here of your wife s passing , Life can throw up many obstacles . Go for it. Treat yourself . All the best George.

peterv8 10-05-2019 12:59 AM

So sorry for your loss, my wife's sister died this morning from cancer after an almost 10 year fight with it.
Do what feels right, life to short not to!

pwpacp 10-05-2019 06:40 AM

Jag, I hope you'll find peace in your grief my friend.

Stuart S 10-05-2019 09:35 AM

My heartfelt sympathy. Know that you are not alone, and that your grief is therapeutic and will bring you memories of the good times that you had together and will never forget. Your life goes on, and she will always be part of you.

tberg 10-05-2019 10:00 AM

Jagtoes,
So sorry for your loss. I've enjoyed reading your many posts and hope that connecting with other forum members provided some measure of comfort. The C8 looks to be an exceptional performer and should give thrills. If you get impatient waiting, you're always welcome to come out to Socal and use my mid-engined missile for some fun and recreation. The Pantera is begging to be driven and I just don't get the chance to do so very often. Come on out and we'll play some golf and drive some great canyon roads.

DGL 10-05-2019 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by tberg (Post 2135410)
Jagtoes,
So sorry for your loss. I've enjoyed reading your many posts and hope that connecting with other forum members provided some measure of comfort. The C8 looks to be an exceptional performer and should give thrills. If you get impatient waiting, you're always welcome to come out to Socal and use my mid-engined missile for some fun and recreation. The Pantera is begging to be driven and I just don't get the chance to do so very often. Come on out and we'll play some golf and drive some great canyon roads.

You have an offer from an exceptional member. I met Ted in Calabasas about 3-4 years ago. He's a great guy. Ralph is in LA and no doubt will also like to meet up. I'm interested in a C8 convertible Z06 when it comes out. Maybe we can all meet up in LA and plan a C8 shopping day.

NBCat 10-05-2019 12:47 PM

@jagtoes, sorry to learn of the passing of your wife. Know that she is always by your side and wants you to be happy. She is forever in your heart and memory, no matter what decision you make regarding the car you both enjoyed and shared.