Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lifting up a 2009 XKR

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 12:09 PM
pcg
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Lifting up a 2009 XKR

Hello everyone.
I am new to this forum and new to Jaguar. I recently purchased a beautiful XKR Portfolio and it is now sitting in my shop. No issues but I want to lift it up on my 2 post lift and check it over. Looking under the vehicle I am not confident as to where to put the jack post. This car is perfect and I do not want to be an idiot by jacking improperly. I tried a search but was not able to find anything. Does anyone have some pics of jacking points. I did not receive the manual yet and would sure appreciate some advice. Thanks in advance!

Old 04-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,159 Likes on 3,090 Posts

It's in the manual, which is available in this forum somewhere, can't remember exactly right now. A search will find it for you.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:47 PM
pcg

Thanks, I was able to download the manual and did see this. It looks like this jacks on the rocker panel, not on the lip that sticks down as a lift will do. Perhaps I could build an adapter. I still am concerned jacking on the lip. If I am correct, this is Aluminum, not steel like my other vehicles. The Jag dealer just sent me the following so I at least have a few options here. Sure would love a pic of one on a lift.

Front point is either at the sub frame 18 inches straight under body or at seam just behind front wheels. Vehicle may have mark on side skirt an intentional indent to indicate proper location or little triangles. Rear lift point is in front of rear wheels, under vehicle, 2 19mm bolt heads attached to cross brace. The bolts sit parallel with the seam of the body.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by pcg
Thanks, I was able to download the manual and did see this. It looks like this jacks on the rocker panel, not on the lip that sticks down as a lift will do. Perhaps I could build an adapter. I still am concerned jacking on the lip. If I am correct, this is Aluminum, not steel like my other vehicles. The Jag dealer just sent me the following so I at least have a few options here. Sure would love a pic of one on a lift.

Front point is either at the sub frame 18 inches straight under body or at seam just behind front wheels. Vehicle may have mark on side skirt an intentional indent to indicate proper location or little triangles. Rear lift point is in front of rear wheels, under vehicle, 2 19mm bolt heads attached to cross brace. The bolts sit parallel with the seam of the body.
OK get down on your knees and find the arrows at one of the jack points. It's easier to lie down and you will see the STEEL plate that bolts up to the chassis. If you look at the picture above the rail is only there to stop the jack from moving but just behind it is a firm steel plate which you can put a lift or floor jack . When you see it you will understand how to set your stands/mtg arms. You may need or want to use a piece of wood to make things fit.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:42 PM
pcg

Thanks very much to you both, I will take a look when I get home. Seems pretty straight forward. Sorry to be so concerned about something so simple. This car is perfect and hate to screw it up.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by pcg
Thanks very much to you both, I will take a look when I get home. Seems pretty straight forward. Sorry to be so concerned about something so simple. This car is perfect and hate to screw it up.
No problem as I have a 4 post lift in my garage and I can see the jack points and the steel plates at the jack points look easy to put either a floor jack or a 2 post extension arms.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:37 PM
pcg

Checked it out and just as you said. I finally get it now. Thanks so much for the help.