XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My 2009 XKR Portfolio Edition Convertible is For Sale- After a lot of thought

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 07:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts
Default My 2009 XKR Portfolio Edition Convertible is For Sale- After a lot of thought

After a lot of thought, I have listed my 2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Edition Convertible For Sale.

The listing will be an exclusive on the Jaguar Forum, as I want to see a real Jaguar enthusiast get the XKR. I am not interested in listing on eBay or trading with a dealer.

My link to the XKR for sale is:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/p...e-rare-165679/

I have enjoyed the XKR extremely but am looking at the new 2017 Jaguar models. Perhaps it is the Jaguar advertising that has caught my eye. Well done Jaguar marketing.

I am considering the new XE model. I currently have 5 vehicles of which 3 are sports car models, and would like to have a pure luxury Jaguar sedan added to the stable. If I had room, I would highly consider just adding the new XE in addition to the XKR. My 5 car garage is full, I wish I had a 10 car garage, I could fill it.

This section of the forum XK/XKR (150) has been great to be a part of, and I want to thank all of the members and those who have provided so much valuable information to me.

You are all a great group of Jaguar owners and this forum is very special compared to other automobile forums that I belong.

Should you know anyone that might have an interest in a truly "pristine" Jaguar branded vehicle especially the XKR model, feel free to provide the link to them.

I am not rushed to sell the XKR as my price is firm and it will be very hard for any potential XKR buyer to find a Portfolio Edition with such low miles, in excellent mechanical condition.

Thanks to you for the help over the years and sharing your Jaguar experience. This is one great auto forum with a multitude of great Jaguar owners.

The following users liked this post:
jahummer (07-09-2016)
Old 07-10-2016, 01:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 631 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by richzak
If I had room, I would highly consider just adding the new XE in addition to the XKR. My 5 car garage is full, I wish I had a 10 car garage, I could fill it.

I am with you on this...I have considered upgrading my house, not for more living space, but to acquire more garage area. But then I know I will fill every bay with a car that I desire.

Good luck on selling your very beautiful XKR.

richzak (07-10-2016)
Old 07-10-2016, 05:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 733 Likes on 469 Posts

Two 5 car garages would look nice.

richzak (07-10-2016)
Old 07-10-2016, 02:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,133 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Richard: I too hope that your beautiful and treasured XK finds a good home. But with respect to your interest in a Jaguar luxury sedan, I don't think the XE will fit the bill as it is primarily intended to be a sports sedan. If it is luxury and power you want, you might be better served by looking at the XF ( very similar in overall design but slightly larger. And more luxurious); the absolute height of luxury is the XJ of course, but probably larger than you want. My choice if all of these, having driven them all (and in the context of having owned many Jaguars) would be the XF, without question. It has generally the same engine choices as the XE and the handsome new body is also aluminum, but the interior is a few notches above the XE in terms of classic Jaguar finish.

richzak (07-10-2016)
Old 07-10-2016, 03:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

I thought the XE was the competitor to the Audi A4 and the C class MB. A repeat of the entry level X-Type of years ago. Hopefully it will be more accepted.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,140 Likes on 3,383 Posts

Richard,

Instead of a brand new 2017 XE, I think you might be happier with a 2013-up CPO low mileage, off-lease XJ with the 5.0L supercharged engine. Why 2013-up? First year with the 8-speed tranny, Meridian Surround Sound, and Intelligent Stop-Start. You have to drive one to appreciate how much fun a large 4-door sedan can be, particularly in Dynamic Mode, while at the same time being cradled in the lap of luxury surrounded by exquisite wood veneer and contrast-piped leather. As a former competitive race car driver and current owner of 3 late model high-performance sports cars, you'll be impressed with the massive low-end torque, throttle response, and handling of the big cat. My XJ has "only" 470HP (more is available) and I am amazed that I get 17 MPG in the city, much better than my 4.2L 420HP XKR! Truly, Jekyll and Hyde personalities. And then there's style and exclusivity - nothing else on the road looks like the XJ and they're rare, which you probably won't be able to say about the XE.

I saved the best part for last - the XJ depreciates like a rock, and the CPO 2013s like mine are now well under $50K. As a retired financial planner, I know you appreciate the value. The XE appears to be a really nice car, but it simply doesn't compare to the XJ. A CPO XJ will probably depreciate less than a new XE and may cost less to own in the long run.

You owe it to yourself to drive a 5.0L SC XJ before making a final decision.

Stuart

Last edited by Stuart S; 07-10-2016 at 04:35 PM.
richzak (07-10-2016)
Old 07-10-2016, 06:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,183 Likes on 895 Posts

Richzak - You will be missed. Your contributions to this forum are almost immeasurable. If it were me, I would be looking seriously at an XJR or XFR with low mileage and the 5.0 engine. Good hunting!!

richzak (07-10-2016)
Old 07-10-2016, 06:48 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Richzak - So funny you just posted this! I signed on to look to see if there was good collective knowledge on the best place to list my 2010 XKR coupe.
Good to know there is a place on this website.

richzak (07-10-2016)
Old 07-10-2016, 07:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Good luck with the sale, Richard. You will be missed on this forum but, I hope to keep on seeing you on the Stingray forum. I still could not think of selling my low mileage XKR.

richzak (07-10-2016)
Old 07-10-2016, 07:14 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by doctock993
Richzak - So funny you just posted this! I signed on to look to see if there was good collective knowledge on the best place to list my 2010 XKR coupe.
Good to know there is a place on this website.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will keep them close to me when deciding what to do. I am still researching and perhaps as suggested the higher models that with a bit more luxury and power would be what I want.

doctock993:

I think the forum is a great place to make a listing. The folks that look at this forum are true Jaguar brand enthusiasts and I really want my XKR to go to someone who can really understand the brand and quality behind these cars particularly the Jaguar XKR. I will see what happens with the listing, and it is doubtful that any potential XKR owner will find a Portfolio Edition in such fine shape and ultra low mileage.

If you have a Jaguar to sell, I suggest using the Classified Section of the forum.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:17 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by axr6
Good luck with the sale, Richard. You will be missed on this forum but, I hope to keep on seeing you on the Stingray forum. I still could not think of selling my low mileage XKR.
Albert:

Not an easy decision. My wife and I went to dinner today in the XKR and walking back to the car, it is just a beautiful automobile. My intuition tells me to move up in year and model. If I had more room (garage space) I would certainly keep it, but own 5 vehicles presently without any more room.

I will still be around until the car goes, if it goes. If not, I will continue to enjoy the XKR along with my Porsche 981 and Corvette C7. I will be patient with the sale.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Veteran Member

Richard,
If your garage ceiling is high enough, consider a lift system to park 2 cars in 1 space. A 5-car garage could hold 10 cars.
Stuart

Old 07-10-2016, 11:20 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Richard,
If your garage ceiling is high enough, consider a lift system to park 2 cars in 1 space. A 5-car garage could hold 10 cars.
Stuart
I have considered the lift, but the ceiling isn't high enough. I would have had one in my garage a few years ago.

If I could have an 8 or 10 car garage, I would like to add a 1932 Ford 3-window Coupe roadster, and few classic muscle cars from the 70's era.

I guess I have been watching too many auto auctions like Barret-Jackson and Mechem.

I don't smoke, I don't drink, so the automobiles are my weakness.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 875 Posts

Hi Richard. I truly loved the XKR and in some ways it was better than the F Type (especially the seats and getting in and out of it) but absence of wood aside, the new Jags are just awesome and well worth a drive.

I havent driven the XF (or the XJ for that matter), but the XE has the best suspension of any car I've driven by far, the ride is just extraordinary and the steering is perfect. It was quite amazing driving one for the first time - nothing seems to unsettle the ride but it sits so flat in corners - and my missus who has it as a daily driver has rediscovered her love of driving. I also really like the newer infotainment - so much so I decided to go with a new V6 S in the f type to get the XE infotainment, rather than taking a F Type R a couple of years old with the previous gen setup.

Anyway, have fun testing them out. I suspect that you wont be disappointed though I still miss the growl of the XKR.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:48 PM
Veteran Member
Default Underground Lift System

Originally Posted by richzak
I have considered the lift, but the ceiling isn't high enough. I would have had one in my garage a few years ago. ...
Richard,

If you can't go up, maybe you can go down... Custom Automobile Storage Storage Systems, Underground Garage Residential Parking System

There are several other vendors with similar products.

Stuart

Old 07-11-2016, 07:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 490 Likes on 358 Posts

Hi Richard, Very sorry to see you leave this forum as you have gone to great limits on this board with your wealth of knowledge. I'm sure your XKR is a jewel and I wish you the best of luck in selling it. You will be greatly missed here.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:49 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bocatrip
Hi Richard, Very sorry to see you leave this forum as you have gone to great limits on this board with your wealth of knowledge. I'm sure your XKR is a jewel and I wish you the best of luck in selling it. You will be greatly missed here.
Thanks, Bocatrip:

I am still here until the XKR sells, which may take some time. I have no feelings about how fast it would sell, and I am not going to waste my time trying to sell it on eBay. I have it listed in the Classified Section on the Jaguar forum, thinking that perhaps someone who wants to move up or get a real fine rare Jaguar XKR would be a Jaguar enthusiast who would like the car.

Stuart S:

It is an innovative idea on the below ground car lift. I have not seen anything like that before.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 631 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Richard,

If you can't go up, maybe you can go down... Custom Automobile Storage Storage Systems, Underground Garage Residential Parking System

Stuart
OK, now that is cool! I like this video of the guy who has two of them:

http://www.hardingsteel.com/vdo/Hard...%20YouTube.mp4

These are definitely what Richard should buy. This is fun spending his money...

richzak (07-11-2016)
Old 07-11-2016, 08:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Tampamark
OK, now that is cool! ... This is fun spending his money...
Surgeon General's Warning: Spending other people's money is habit-forming and causes Democratitis.

The following 2 users liked this post by Stuart S:
richzak (07-11-2016), tampamark (07-11-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 07:10 PM
Veteran Member

UPDATE:

I have officially listed my 2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Edition on eBay.

Listing info:

Jaguar XK XKR | eBay

If the XKR does not sell, I will remain the owner.

Quick Reply: My 2009 XKR Portfolio Edition Convertible is For Sale- After a lot of thought