XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My "semi" New 2012 XKR

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Default My "semi" New 2012 XKR

Well I'm more excited about this than when I bought my 2011 XJL!!!! It beats the hell out of my (sold) 2009 CLS 65 in looks and in my opinion performance. Gawd I'll probably only drive the XJ when I have to cart my parents around. BTW while I was at the dealer picking it up yesterday the Sales Manager did tell me the next variation is going to be longer to accommodate a bigger back seat. I'm sorry I think this car in this iteration is perfect! A little confused as to the disconnect between the infotainment systems on the XJ and XKR..... Completely different. I don't know which version is newer but the XKR has a much quicker response and the NAV system with the XKR has a DVD where as the XJ is software which really sucks. It takes hours to download the new maps and the car has to be running! You can't stream music to the speakers with bluetooth in the XKR which is kind of a bummer. You would think there would be a software upgrade that could accomplish that. I've included some pics which I hope turn out. I'm not a professional. But over all I'm ecstatic! Oh and no voice activation......

Attached Thumbnails My "semi" New 2012 XKR-img_0667.jpg   My "semi" New 2012 XKR-img_0666.jpg   My "semi" New 2012 XKR-img_0665.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by Jffcurt:
DGL (07-10-2013), jagxk2008 (07-04-2013)
Old 07-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

very nice car

The following users liked this post:
Jffcurt (07-04-2013)
Old 07-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by Jffcurt
Well I'm more excited about this than when I bought my 2011 XJL!!!! It beats the hell out of my (sold) 2009 CLS 65 in looks and in my opinion performance. Gawd I'll probably only drive the XJ when I have to cart my parents around. BTW while I was at the dealer picking it up yesterday the Sales Manager did tell me the next variation is going to be longer to accommodate a bigger back seat. I'm sorry I think this car in this iteration is perfect! A little confused as to the disconnect between the infotainment systems on the XJ and XKR..... Completely different. I don't know which version is newer but the XKR has a much quicker response and the NAV system with the XKR has a DVD where as the XJ is software which really sucks. It takes hours to download the new maps and the car has to be running! You can't stream music to the speakers with bluetooth in the XKR which is kind of a bummer. You would think there would be a software upgrade that could accomplish that. I've included some pics which I hope turn out. I'm not a professional. But over all I'm ecstatic! Oh and no voice activation......

The car looks awesome.........I am sure that you will just love it. The more you drive it, the more you will get to know it and learn the features of the car. Enjoy. I am very happy for you.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

Congrats Jffcurt. While I still had my '11 XJ SC I got my wife the '13 XKR and she used to say "Jag We Are" as opposed to the way the announcer says "Jag U Ar" in the commercials! Love the XKR and, like you, am somewhat dissappointed in the electronics, but that seems to be par for the course with Jaguars these days compared to the other luxury brands. But in the style, performance, and exclusivity departments you just can't find anything comparible.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats on the new Cat! I got my 12 XKR Vert a few months ago and it still puts huge grins on my face every time I see it in the garage. I agree that it is the perfect size now and making it any longer will kill the proportions. Never mind what the naysayers have to say. The back seat is plenty usable... if you have little kids like I do!

Enjoy the new ride!

Attached Thumbnails My "semi" New 2012 XKR-photo-1-.jpg   My "semi" New 2012 XKR-jag-005.jpg   My "semi" New 2012 XKR-photojag.jpg  
DGL (07-10-2013)
Old 07-10-2013, 06:51 PM

Those are really cute pictures... Those lucky kiddos! My backseat probably has grocery bags or Neiman Marcus or Dicks Sporting if I'm in a good mood! BTW whats your average miles per gallon?

Old 07-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default your seats

[QUOTE=sharx8;769961]Congrats on the new Cat! I got my 12 XKR Vert a few months ago and it still puts huge grins on my face every time I see it in the garage. I agree that it is the perfect size now and making it any longer will kill the proportions. Never mind what the naysayers have to say. The back seat is plenty usable... if you have little kids like I do!

I thought those seats were only avail with xkr S, not just with xkR. Is it different in Canada, or am I mixed up? Neat looking seats.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Congrats Jffcurt...I agree on the changes to the XKR.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts

Woo, NICE!
Hi JFFcurt.
It's a shame about the techno stuff, I do think that the audio, pc and labs, manufacturers changing formats and equipment, maps and upgrades all play a part in making it difficult for Jaguar and other car makers to DO THE RIGHT THING!!! And am disappointed for you! However, the car is not just a car! Your XKR is a fine specimen and I wish you many happy miles in style! Plus kudos and many thanks for sharing!!!
ATB, Stu

Last edited by Stuart Beattie; 07-11-2013 at 06:06 AM. Reason: spellcheck oops
The following 2 users liked this post by Stuart Beattie:
Jffcurt (07-11-2013), Lothar52 (07-11-2013)
Old 07-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 346 Likes on 239 Posts

NICE GARAGE. I have a G37S coupe, a EX35 SUV, and a Nissan Maxima. All are great electronic cars, all FULLY loaded, have everything you would want electronically that you mention the XKR does not. ......... WAIT FOR IT..... WHO CARES!!!!!

You are living life to the fullest my friend...that garage makes me want to stand up and beg for buttermilk! a XJL and a XKR in the same garage.... BAJEEEEEZUS!!!!

Drop that top, turn on the radio or hook in your ipod/iphone. Who cares... then watch people around you drool and salivate. There goes another fully loaded G37...WHO CARES... THERE WENT A XKR and THAT GUY IS THE MAN!!!! Truly. That garage is ****!

I am so jealous I can not stand it. Now I want a Black XJL to go alongside my XKR-S. Im in awe. BTW...Tell me about the XJL? Best luxury car you have ever owned?

Loth

Last edited by Lothar52; 07-11-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Jffcurt (07-11-2013)
Old 07-11-2013, 09:39 AM

[QUOTE=looking;770361]
Originally Posted by sharx8
Congrats on the new Cat! I got my 12 XKR Vert a few months ago and it still puts huge grins on my face every time I see it in the garage. I agree that it is the perfect size now and making it any longer will kill the proportions. Never mind what the naysayers have to say. The back seat is plenty usable... if you have little kids like I do!

I thought those seats were only avail with xkr S, not just with xkR. Is it different in Canada, or am I mixed up? Neat looking seats.
On the Canadian Jaguar site you can build and price it and the XKR-S seats are one of the options. Many color combos available too. Check it out: Jaguar International - Market selector page

Old 07-11-2013, 09:51 AM

Those are really cute pictures... Those lucky kiddos! My backseat probably has grocery bags or Neiman Marcus or Dicks Sporting if I'm in a good mood! BTW whats your average miles per gallon?
I'm averaging about 16 MPG with mostly city driving.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 346 Likes on 239 Posts

Love Beattie's quote in his tagline - if you LOVE your car your in heaven... thats just it... WE LOVE THESE CARS - therefore our jag puts us in heaven!

Old 07-11-2013, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lothar52
NICE GARAGE. I have a G37S coupe, a EX35 SUV, and a Nissan Maxima. All are great electronic cars, all FULLY loaded, have everything you would want electronically that you mention the XKR does not. ......... WAIT FOR IT..... WHO CARES!!!!!

You are living life to the fullest my friend...that garage makes me want to stand up and beg for buttermilk! a XJL and a XKR in the same garage.... BAJEEEEEZUS!!!!

Drop that top, turn on the radio or hook in your ipod/iphone. Who cares... then watch people around you drool and salivate. There goes another fully loaded G37...WHO CARES... THERE WENT A XKR and THAT GUY IS THE MAN!!!! Truly. That garage is ****!

I am so jealous I can not stand it. Now I want a Black XJL to go alongside my XKR-S. Im in awe. BTW...Tell me about the XJL? Best luxury car you have ever owned?

Loth
Loth, About the XJL. Yes it is the best! I had the roof cracking problem but they fixed it and now it's fine. I love driving by a Merc S or BMW 7 and watching the drivers heads snap! Those old tired looking things! As far as the tech in the cars I was just pointing out the differences not really complaining... To much tech can be a deterrent while driving. Thanks for the compliments. I finally had to clean out the garage so I could fit them both in! I've been driving the XKR every day being the new toy and just a blast to drive but I thought I better take the XJ out for a spin to keep the battery up and it's just a great car to drive to. GO JAGUAR!!!

Old 07-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by looking
Those are the Sport seats--a $4K option IIRC on the XKR. However, they are not ventilated (heated only) and that was a deal killer for me living in Houston.

looking (07-12-2013)
Old 07-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Jffcurt;770717... I've been driving the XKR every day being the new toy and just a blast to drive but I thought I better take the XJ out for a spin to keep the battery up.[/QUOTE]

Jffcurt:

Consider buying a CTEK Multi 3300 battery minder/charger at Amazon.com for about $55.00. I took the advice from a Jaguar expert who has owned many top notch award Jags. Everytime I go out to drive the XKR the battery is fully charged, and have no fears of any voltage drop or electrical problems. It was one great tip from a Jaguar owner. Several posters I have read also use the CTEK. It's a small cost to keep your XKR and XJ fully charged without the fear of low voltage or needing to charge the battery via test drives. I also bought an 8' extension so it's simply a plug in to charge and unplug to drive.

Attached Thumbnails My "semi" New 2012 XKR-jaguar-xkr-ctek-3300-1.jpg   My "semi" New 2012 XKR-jaguar-xkr-ctek-007.jpg   My "semi" New 2012 XKR-jaguar-xkr-ctek-008.jpg  
Jffcurt (07-11-2013)
Old 07-11-2013, 09:52 PM

Does the CTEK automatically disengage if I accidentally pull out and forget about it being hooked up?????!! That was a stupid joke.... Thanks for the advise! Four glasses of wine....

Old 07-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Veteran Member

Does the CTEK automatically disengage if I accidentally pull out and forget about it being hooked up?????!! That was a stupid joke.... Thanks for the advise! Four glasses of wine....
No, you just pull out of the garage and take it with you. Nothing like a little tail hanging out.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:22 AM

Thanks Richard. I ordered the CTEK you recommended from Amazon. I didn't see the 8' extender that you mentioned however...... Unless they call it something else and I'm to stupid to figure it out. They also got me to sign up for their video streaming service..... Let's see what else.. I'll probably be using it more on the XJL. Now if I can just find the battery......

Old 07-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default amazon video

Thanks Richard. I ordered the CTEK you recommended from Amazon. I didn't see the 8' extender that you mentioned however...... Unless they call it something else and I'm to stupid to figure it out. They also got me to sign up for their video streaming service..... Let's see what else.. I'll probably be using it more on the XJL. Now if I can just find the battery......
Watch your amazon charges. I signed up and was charged for 2 videos that were free for a limited time. They charged me after the free promo ended, although I had only watched one previously. This was a few years ago, hopefully they have it fixed. I told them to block my account so a video can never be purchased.

Quick Reply: My "semi" New 2012 XKR