XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

New iPhone 6S + 2011 XKR

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 06:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default iPhone 6S works on 2011 XKR

Upgraded to an iPhone 6S with 128GB drive to hold most of my music, and it took awhile but I got it to work. Seems fine now.

Last edited by logoguy; 10-05-2015 at 11:26 AM. Reason: no longer a problem
Old 10-05-2015, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,150 Likes on 3,085 Posts

You're lucky. Most iphones don't work with pretty much anything.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:46 PM
Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

can you stream music from Pandora?

Old 10-06-2015, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by vacolorito
can you stream music from Pandora?
yes

The following users liked this post:
andys-GR (10-06-2015)
Old 10-06-2015, 12:34 PM
Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Are using a cord for the i-pod socket or blue tooth adapter like tune to air?

Old 10-07-2015, 06:29 AM
Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

I tried both the cord and the tune to air. I have a iphone 6 plus

Old 10-07-2015, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by andys-GR
Are using a cord for the i-pod socket or blue tooth adapter like tune to air?
Both - Bluetooth to make and receive calls and see battery level and the cord in the armrest (with lightning adapter) to play music.

andys-GR (10-07-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 08:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 631 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by vacolorito
I tried both the cord and the tune to air. I have a iphone 6 plus
I have had hard time on my Wife's Iphone 5. What I found on the cord was that I MUST have a genuine Apple 30 pin to lightning adapter. The first one I bought from ebay must have been a fake, it would say it was not an approved apple accessory on the Iphone and would not work with the Jaguar cable. It worked fine in every other device, I could sync to the PC using an older 30 pin cord and the adapter, hook it to external speaker same way and it played.

I bought a genuine Apple product and it works fine. So I went the next step and bought the Tune2Air, that would not work at all. It would do what I read all over the internet, play 1 second and then pause. The Tune2Air did work great with the Ipad Air2, no issue there. But the one device I needed it to work with, her phone, would not connect right. So I returned the Tune2Air for refund. I did everything I have read about, made sure there were no other music programs running, etc. I would restart the phone to get it completely cleared and try streaming, no go.

She is fine using the cord but it is super short obviously so I bought a lightning extension cord, but it triggers the same response on the phone, "you have a non-apple accessory" and keeps the phone from connecting.

For now I have given up, I went old school, I broke out my trusty Monster RF Transmitter from 6 years ago that has been in my stash of archived electronics. I put that in the glovebox and hooked up a Bluetooth Streaming dongle that was also in that stash. When she gets into the car it connects to the Streamer that then flows it to the transmitter that comes in on the radio. She mostly listens to Audiobooks anyway so ultimate quality is not terribly important, it is just voice so it sounds fine.

Why oh why couldn't Jaguar just have a standard headphone Aux-In like normal? I have an Android and hate all things Apple since I am the one who ends up supporting all the quirks that Apple's over-controlling architecture causes.

ralphwg (10-07-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 06:32 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by tampamark
.......... She is fine using the cord but it is super short obviously so I bought a lightning extension cord, but it triggers the same response on the phone, "you have a non-apple accessory" and keeps the phone from connecting.

Why oh why couldn't Jaguar just have a standard headphone Aux-In like normal? I have an Android and hate all things Apple since I am the one who ends up supporting all the quirks that Apple's over-controlling architecture causes.
As I said previously, Apple's Proprietary Everything makes them a horrible, horrible product for non-conforming people.
How UTTERLY ironic that Apple's first television commercial was ANTI-ORWELLIAN. Nowadays, everyone who buys any Apple product is completely stuck using ONLY Apple everything. Apple IS the conform-or-perish company to many, many people.
</RANT>

Old 10-07-2015, 06:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 893 Posts

I stopped using Apple products several years ago for the same reasons.

Cee Jay (10-08-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member

Sigh, somehow Apple has convinced so many people on the "ease of use" features. My Father bought a PowerMac, his Wife bought a Macbook Pro along with an Iphone 6, and my Wife has a 5. I end up having to help all of them as they have multiple problems with connectivity, syncing, or just general use. And I don't even like Apple! As I work through their issues I curse the PITA situation I am involved in...

So Jaguar builds in an interface specific to Apple, thanks for that. I would have rather just had a headphone jack.

Cee Jay (10-08-2015)
Old 10-08-2015, 02:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,484 Likes on 907 Posts

In defence of the iPhone, it was one of the few that worked with the early XK's. My iPhone 6 Plus still works flawlessly with my '07. Things may have changed now but the only Android phone I tried just had a garbled phone book.

Oh and the ACM on the early XK's has RCA connectors, as well as the USB and iPod connector

Old 10-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by u102768

Oh and the ACM on the early XK's has RCA connectors, as well as the USB and iPod connector
Rubbing salt in my wounds!!!

Old 10-20-2015, 04:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my 2013 XKR back from the dealer for a 30k service. I told them about the fact that my iPhone 6 Plus will play 1 second through tunes2air or corded then pause. The tech had a 6 Plus as well. He was able to pair and stream from Pandora no problem. His iOS version was 9.0.2. I updated my phone to 9.0.2... STILL DOESN'T WORK WITH MY PHONE!!

Pure rage (continues). I'll probably buy a 6s Plus and be done with this nonsense.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Supreme Machine
Pure rage (continues). I'll probably buy a 6s Plus and be done with this nonsense.
HA! The 6s Plus would still be a cRapple, so therefore never work with anything. < ----- Troll, but still accurate

Old 10-21-2015, 05:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 893 Posts

Switch to a Samsung Galaxy 6+ Edge and be done with the Apple problems

Cee Jay (10-21-2015)
Old 10-21-2015, 08:12 PM
Veteran Member

^^^^^^^^ What he said

Old 10-22-2015, 09:40 AM
Default Since I started this...

I guess I should tell you I'm using a genuine Apple adapter (NOT a cord) to connect the 30-pin Jaguar plug to my iPhone 6S, in case that's why mine is working fine. Hands-free calling (outgoing and incoming) as well as Jag screen and steering wheel control of phone functions and music library work fine. Battery level shows on screen too. Thumbwheels on the left side of steering wheel control volume and advance to next song. By the way with the adapter it barely wedges in under the armrest, diagonally on its side. And of course I can't reach my ear with it unless I lie down. But still.

Old 10-22-2015, 05:42 PM

I have an iPhone 6+. I tried to find an inexpensive lightning adapter for use in my 2009 Jaguar XF. The iPhone cable from Jaguar has the older (pre iphone 5) 30 pin connector. There are many adapters, but not all adapters are equal.

From the left in my image, the first adapter ($4.75 eBay) has not only the connector for the lightning but also plugs into the headphone jack. Maybe good for some audio peripherals, but the Jaguar did not see it. And it didn't charge. And I had to remove the case to attach it.

The second basic little lightning adapter ($7.48 on Amazon) also requires the case to be removed. This one provided the least physically stable connection to the phone and cable. And also wasn't recognized by the Jaguar and didn't charge.

The third was available in white or black ($8.00 on eBay) and featured a plug for lightning and the earphone jack but separated, so it doesn't require the case to be removed. Unfortunately, also not recognized by Jaguar and didn't charge.

On the far right we have the (Apple Store $39.00!!!!) adapter. This IS recognized by the Jaguar and allows full iPhone music control. It is fast to be recognized and restart music, and works great. BUT.... It still doesn't charge.

So unfortunately, the non-genuine Apple less expensive items are a fail for this application. And the Jaguar fails to charge with any of the cable adapters.

Anyone figured out how to control the iPhone (with lightning connector) AND charge the phone?

Old 10-23-2015, 09:41 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by rlentini
Anyone figured out how to control the iPhone (with lightning connector) AND charge the phone?
Yes, throw it away and buy any Android. A giant step-up all around.

ralphwg (10-23-2015)

Quick Reply: New iPhone 6S + 2011 XKR