Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   Off topic, maybe (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/off-topic-maybe-220142/)

Don-T 07-06-2019 06:33 PM

Off topic, maybe

It's probably just me, but I get a hot, aching pain in my right heel after driving along for about an hour in my XKR. Doesn't happen in my other vehicles or any others I've had. Different shoes doesn't seem to help. Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?

jagtoes 07-06-2019 08:20 PM

I haven't had this problem but then again I always use CC. Maybe this allows me to move my foot around and not have this issue.

Stuart S 07-06-2019 08:23 PM

Sounds like plantar fasciitis. Compare the angle of your foot when driving your XKR and your other cars. Then adjust your XKR's seat so your foot is at the same angle as your other cars. Vary the angle of your foot and don't keep it in the same position for more than 10 minutes. Use the cruise control so you can move your foot around and stretch out that ligament.

I am not a medical professional, but I've had plantar fasciitis and that's what your symptoms appear to be.

mosesbotbol 07-06-2019 09:28 PM

I don't know... maybe it's time to buy a Wraith?

MarkyUK 07-07-2019 07:55 AM

I had a similar problem when driving my hybrid a seat adjustment was all that was needed, in my case arthritis and not PF.

Don-T 07-07-2019 04:40 PM

Drove my Ridgeline back from SD in one 21 hour shot last month. Next day in the XKR, I couldn't make 60 miles before heel pain sidelined me. I'll jack around with seat adjustment a bit and hope to find a happy place.

Old Radar 07-07-2019 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Don-T (Post 2095475)
Drove my Ridgeline back from SD in one 21 hour shot last month. Next day in the XKR, I couldn't make 60 miles before heel pain sidelined me. I'll jack around with seat adjustment a bit and hope to find a happy place.

Don, I'm not a medical professional either, but Stuart is right--sounds like plantar fasciitis--and if it is occurring inside 60 miles/60 minutes, you've already passed the critical point where it becomes chronic and seat adjustments and ankle exercises just won't do any good. In fact, about the only thing you can do to ensure you do not continue to deteriorate, is to donate your car to me. It's the only way you won't be tempted to continue to exacerbate a serious condition. Just PM me your address. I'll come and get it and you can live a long and fruitful life with your other vehicles! :D

Reverend Sam 07-07-2019 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Old Radar (Post 2095504)
Don, I'm not a medical professional either, but Stuart is right--sounds like plantar fasciitis--and if it is occurring inside 60 miles/60 minutes, you've already passed the critical point where it becomes chronic and seat adjustments and ankle exercises just won't do any good. In fact, about the only thing you can do to ensure you do not continue to deteriorate, is to donate your car to me. It's the only way you won't be tempted to continue to exacerbate a serious condition. Just PM me your address. I'll come and get it and you can live a long and fruitful life with your other vehicles! :D

This is ridiculous, Don. Don't listen to him. You do NOT need to donate your car to someone halfway across the country to relieve yourself from this terrible, excruciating pain.

I'm in North Carolina. I can be there tomorrow to take this terrible car off of your hands.

Let me know...

Reverend Sam 07-07-2019 06:18 PM

...by the way, my daughter-in-law is a doctor and I'm sure she would tell you to get rid of this car ASAP or risk permanent foot damage. You're too young to be hobbling around with a walker. Act now! Before it's too late!

Stuart S 07-07-2019 08:24 PM

Keep the XKR. The cure is to drive it a lot faster - over 140 mph. That will raise your heart rate and increase the blood flow to your plantar fascia, which will speed the healing process ... if you survive the drive! :icon_clapclap:

Tervuren 07-08-2019 06:42 AM

I used to get wrist trouble when driving for long times.

I changed the angle I hold my elbows.

Now I no longer have problems.

I'm pretty comfy in the Jaguar.

I do wish the steering wheel were a little more "sport" grip.

mosesbotbol 07-08-2019 06:55 AM

I never felt I got an ideal seating position in the XK. I think it was the seat design the lack of range the seat cushion could angle.

Ranchero50 07-08-2019 08:24 AM

See if you have a gap between your upper leg and the seat base. I needed to add some washers under the front seat bolts to get some much needed support.

Cee Jay 07-08-2019 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Ranchero50 (Post 2095807)
See if you have a gap between your upper leg and the seat base. I needed to add some washers under the front seat bolts to get some much needed support.

I've been meaning to do this for a few years now, just have never got to actually DOING it.

Don-T 07-09-2019 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Old Radar (Post 2095504)

I have to weigh the downside on this. At my age a long a fruitful life is history. And the quacks have already tried talking me into a walker, got a nice Jaguar topped cane instead.

80sRule 07-10-2019 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Stuart S (Post 2095097)
Sounds like plantar fasciitis. Compare the angle of your foot when driving your XKR and your other cars. Then adjust your XKR's seat so your foot is at the same angle as your other cars. Vary the angle of your foot and don't keep it in the same position for more than 10 minutes. Use the cruise control so you can move your foot around and stretch out that ligament.

I am not a medical professional, but I've had plantar fasciitis and that's what your symptoms appear to be.

This was definitely the case when my mom drives my car and it took her probably 2 hours of driving and fiddling to find what worked, then she got one of the memory buttons. Don't give up yet!

Originally Posted by Ranchero50 (Post 2095807)

This absolutely; oddly did this on my 00 XKR and made a world of difference for my dad! The thigh support can leave something to be desired and this can help, and I also wish the base adjustment offered more for going more lengthwise.

Old Radar 07-10-2019 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Don-T (Post 2096520)
I have to weigh the downside on this. At my age a long a fruitful life is history. And the quacks have already tried talking me into a walker, got a nice Jaguar topped cane instead.

If that's the case, let me sweeten the deal for you. I'll throw in a slick new couch we just got from the Scandinavian design place, Copenhagen. Full grain, supple leather covers this beauty that has dual, independent electronic position controls. At the press of a button, high-torque motors raise the leg supports and recline the back rest into the perfect position for high-G maneuvers--which, coincidentally, is also the perfect position for napping or watching Formula-1 races or Masterpiece Theater on TV.

guy 07-10-2019 12:36 PM

I think you're not pushing the accelerator hard enough.

Don-T 07-10-2019 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by guy (Post 2096917)
I think you're not pushing the accelerator hard enough.

Every time I do, I hear a high pitched squeal from the passenger seat! My SO doesn't believe the three digit part of the speedo should be used.

Stuart S 07-10-2019 08:03 PM

Wait until no one is in your passenger seat and then mash the exhilarator pedal! That's the cure for old age!