Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   Phone pairing (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/phone-pairing-209601/)

arenaej 10-20-2018 10:46 AM

Phone pairing

I picked up my new- to me- ‘09 XK yesterday in Troy, MI and drove it 10 hours home to PA. It’s awesome. I read the sticky about phone pairing and didn’t see this addressed, so maybe you can help. The previous owner’s iPhone was listed on the screen, so I tried to delete it and it didn’t go away. I tried to pair and dock my iPhone X, and the phone didn’t see the car, and the search for new did nothing. I got on the road, and got about halfway, needed gas. Decided to try pairing again and was able to delete the PO’s phone, hit search and it saw my phone and the car showed up on my phone. Called home on the car and thought it was good. Went to the gas pumps, shut the car off and filled up. When I re started the car, no phone, tried the pairing process again, back to square one. My phone is listed as paired, not docked. When I hit dock phone, it fails. I tried to delete and start over, won’t delete. Any ideas?

arenaej 10-20-2018 11:50 AM

Solved. Apparently the Bluetooth setup only works with the ignition in the convenience mode, not with the engine running.

arenaej 10-20-2018 02:51 PM

The adventure continues. My iPhone X is paired and docked. Phone book is available. When making or receiving calls I can hear the other party, but they can’t hear me. The options are set correctly. Since I thought maybe it was my phone, I paired and docked my wife’s iPhone 7. Same result. Microphone acts like it’s muted but it’s not. Ideas?

Cee Jay 10-21-2018 11:10 AM

Buy any android phone.

arenaej 10-21-2018 11:32 AM

The phone is fine. I’ve communicated with Cambo and he showed me how to get into the diagnostics for the microphone. It’s dead. Now I need to find out where the microphone plugs in and check that. I’m in Pennsylvania and Cambo is in Australia...when he wakes up I hope to hear....��

arenaej 11-02-2018 07:24 PM

So...here’s where I am now with this issue. Many thanks to Cambo for his assistance. I’ve checked the connections along the microphone cable behind the A pillar and down to the panel at the end of the dash. Everything’s plugged in. Removed the radio/nav unit from the dash to check...everything’s connected. Found an A pillar w/ microphone from a wreck and plugged that in . Dead as well. Looking at the electrical schematics found in the “how to” sticky, the microphone plugs into something called the “audio integration module” that connects to the “telephone module”. Trouble is, I can’t find the location of these modules to check the connections and the integrity of the lines. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Sean W 11-02-2018 08:30 PM

The integrated audio module is the CD player. The telephone control module is the phone Bluetooth module in the trunk stack