Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   Phonebook download... (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/phonebook-download-63599/)

manicguitarist 11-16-2011 02:59 PM

Phonebook download...

...according to Jaguar my phonebook won't download from my phone correctly - and this agrees with my experiences (all the numbers download but the names are all wrong - usually just garbage). The rest of the phone functions just fine.

My phone is an HTC Desire.

However, according to the same site, the latest Jaguar XK works with my phone (as does my wife's X-Type) - which implies to me that there must be a software upgrade available - does anyone know anything about this?

avincent 11-22-2011 04:13 PM

I have the same problem with my HTC EVO and I have not found a solution. If anyone has any ideas please share :)

Rahtok 11-22-2011 06:13 PM

You know, there are a number of issues with HTC phones sync'ing to cars correctly. My wife has an EVO, and getting it to talk correctly with her new Juke was a real pain. I'm trying to remember exactly what I did, but there was a setting on the phone that was preventing it from sharing the phonebook with the car. It's fairly common across all brands of cars, btw. It was some sort of security setting that I think the Facebook app did. But ultimately, you have to tell your phone to not be so paranoid about the phonebook. Wish I could be more specific, but that was over 6 months ago and... memory isn't quite what it used to be. Google has a lot to say on the subject though.

manicguitarist 11-23-2011 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Rahtok (Post 431813)
You know, there are a number of issues with HTC phones sync'ing to cars correctly. My wife has an EVO, and getting it to talk correctly with her new Juke was a real pain. I'm trying to remember exactly what I did, but there was a setting on the phone that was preventing it from sharing the phonebook with the car. It's fairly common across all brands of cars, btw. It was some sort of security setting that I think the Facebook app did. But ultimately, you have to tell your phone to not be so paranoid about the phonebook. Wish I could be more specific, but that was over 6 months ago and... memory isn't quite what it used to be. Google has a lot to say on the subject though.

Cheers. <Goes off to google>

RickXK 11-27-2011 07:17 AM

My XK 2007 phonebook only shows phone numbers no names my phone is Samsung Galaxy S and apperar as full functions in Jaguar's web, however my wife's Iphone 3G show a full directory

avincent 11-28-2011 11:01 AM

That is exactly what my phone does and I have an HTC Evo. I am thinking that it is an Android problem in general. Does anyone have an Android based phone that does not have a problem?

RickXK 11-28-2011 04:15 PM

We should go for Iphone IOS system.
However let me tell you that in My former Jag XF 2009 and now my new XF 2011 the directory is fine names and phone numbers, the problemis my XK