XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Picked up a GT!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 07:35 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh, Cambo- one more:
I can't find an official cover for the XRR-S. Was there an official accessory? I assume that they didn't make one for the GT, but I figure with the spoiler on the S, it just might fit with a bit of stretching...!

Old 10-22-2017, 02:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

I wouldn't think it would be terribly difficult to get one sewn up by a competent upholstery shop.

Old 10-22-2017, 04:42 PM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

There was a fitted cover for the XK as an accessory but only one version, it was not model specific, and I guess it might have worked with the XKR-S wing since it's not that much taller than the regular ducktail, but i'd say definitely wouldn't fit on a GT because of the wing.

Surprises me that there wasn't one included with the cars.

I think your best bet would be to get one tailor made.

The following users liked this post:
Dylan Bigg (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 09:12 AM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Now here is the answer - fake?? or not???

Hello and Thank you for selecting House Of Cars Leasing as your choice for your automotive wants and needs.
On behalf of the entire dealership we would like to welcome you as part of the House Of Cars Leasing Family,
and we would be honored to assist you with the vehicle to fulfill your journey.

Up for your consideration is this stunning 2014 Jaguar XKR-S GT featured in smooth and glossy Polaris White complemented with a soft and supple Charcoal Grey Leather Interior is sure to get the undivided attention of everyone you meet.
This vehicle is simply amazing...Outstanding condition inside and out and in excellent mechanical condition too.
This exquisite motorcar has been pampered by its previous owner,the interior looks like new, with no evidence of a smoker,it is in top of the line condition and ready to roll.
There is no existing or previous damage to any of the engine,transmission, paint or bodywork,and has a clean history (see the history report & pictures in the attach).
A clean AutoCheck report is a guaranty that you are getting a perfect vehicle ready to perform for your enjoyment!
This vehicle has gone through our meticulous multi-point inspection by our Certified Master Technicians and passed with flying colors.
Our Top Quality service department could not find any defects in this vehicle.The vehicle looks like it has never left its' garage!!!
With ONLY 3,868 gently driven Miles you can't go wrong with this fabulous vehicle!

The car in process of being imported from a private collection from US market ,is currently located in US,NYC Terminal - Port Elizabeth waiting for the export authorization.
We will manage all aspects and cover all costs regarding the Import,Conversion & Homologation formalities so you will be able to purchase it from us as an European vehicle.
At this point we already have several other potential buyers interested in this vehicle.

If you are seriously considering to purchase this vehicle the price will be 79,990.00 € and is incl.VAT, Customs, shipping and modifications required for European homologation.
You will not be charged any additional costs ,you will not have to make any modifications to the car and it will be ready for registering when you will receive it.

At House Of Cars Leasing, we understand that our customers' automobiles are their most valuable assets. We have years of experience with selling luxury cars across the world and have focused our energies and resources also on vehicle shipping and creating the highest level of car shipping services available today for our customers.

If you have other questions or if you wish to proceed with the transaction just let me know.

This beautiful Jaguar XKR-S GT is an excellent low mileage example of a highly desirable car and at this price, it is sure
to BE GONE SOON!.
Don't miss out!

We look forward to serving you!

Sincerely,

kfeltenberger (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 09:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by thocar
At this point we already have several other potential buyers interested in this vehicle.
If you are seriously considering to purchase this vehicle the price will be 79,990.00 € and is incl.VAT, Customs, shipping and modifications required for European homologation.
You will not be charged any additional costs ,you will not have to make any modifications to the car and it will be ready for registering when you will receive it.
at this price, it is sure
to BE GONE SOON!.
Don't miss out!
Sincerely,
Looks pretty sketchy to me. Are they asking for a wire transfer deposit?

Old 10-23-2017, 09:49 AM

Yeah, that's a just plain nonsense price. If you can't go there and see it, forget about it. Nice of them to see us notice that it's US spec and adjust the scam accordingly though!

mosesbotbol (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 11:42 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by thocar

The car in process of being imported from a private collection from US market ,is currently located in US,NYC Terminal - Port Elizabeth waiting for the export authorization.
We will manage all aspects and cover all costs regarding the Import,Conversion & Homologation formalities so you will be able to purchase it from us as an European vehicle.

I don't know what sort of reputation this outfit has, but I agree...this is very, very dodgy. In February I was looking for my Lotus and found two; one market priced and the other somewhat less than half that price. The cheaper of the two was, on paper and pictures, the better deal. I had the money, so I figured, "Why not get both and avoid the remorse of letting one slip away...I can always sell one later."

The market priced car purchase went without a hitch. The other one...well...the car was listed from an ad in California and one in Texas. The seller gave me his wife's cell # which was a Tampa, Florida number. Then I get the "rest of the story"...The guy bought the Lotus and then they decided to move back to Portugal. Once there, he discovered how expensive it was going to be to get the car registered, so he decided to sell it. I wasn't going to have to front any money, he'd ship it direct and I had a 3 day inspection window to agree to purchase it and wire him the money.

Cool. No risk for me. I agreed to it.

Then came the whammy...I get some e-mail from a shipping firm located in the UK that specializes in relocations and shipping large consumer items like cars. They tell me that they need half the sale price up front. At this point this went from "too good to be true" to "scam". I decided to call the company directly and ask some questions.

A guy answered and I explained why I was calling. His first question was, "Is the car supposed to be coming from Greece, Albania, Italy, Spain, or Portugal?" Um...yeah. He then continued and explained that they are simply a transportation firm, any money that changes hands is between the buyer and seller, all they do is move item X from point A to point B, get a signed delivery notice, and head home.

I tell the seller I think its a scam and he sends me pictures of his "family" and medical practice. I walked away. The car is still listed and I'm sure it's been "sold" several times since this spring.

Old 10-23-2017, 12:45 PM

This is the company

https://www.houseofcarsleasing.com/

But you can´t find the domain if you search with google: houseofcarsleasing.com

Old 10-23-2017, 06:16 PM

Just to put that silly price in perspective:
I have been watching that one I bought for a few months. It was listed at 149k GBP. They dropped it to 115, and I got it for 110. You can forget about sub-100k USD...

The following 2 users liked this post by Dylan Bigg:
Cambo (10-24-2017), JagRag (10-24-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 09:09 AM
Received 274 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Dylan Bigg
Just to put that silly price in perspective:
I have been watching that one I bought for a few months. It was listed at 149k GBP. They dropped it to 115, and I got it for 110. You can forget about sub-100k USD...
Yep. Too cheap. Plenty of scammers advertising good cars cheap only to ask for money first before shipping the car to your country. It's not going to happen is it

Also domain registered on 03/25/2017. Not been around long either.

Look on Google and you see that address has some fashion company business and not cars

Old 10-24-2017, 09:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

I love to reply that I live near the port they say the car is near and I would like to check it out first.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:14 AM

They made another mistake.

Milage in Car Report 3.800

Kilometer autoscout24.com 19.000

I asked for Statement.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:28 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by neilr
Also domain registered on 03/25/2017. Not been around long either.

Look on Google and you see that address has some fashion company business and not cars
The domain being less than a year old isn't that big an issue as it could be the result of a name change. I've had clients that changed/added domain names on a regular basis, though they had a primary domain that didn't change for corporate e-mail.

Regarding the address, it could be that is the building that houses their offices and their "storefront" is elsewhere.

But...all this and the other other stuff...still sounds dodgy.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:48 AM

Hey here's something interesting:

In Saabkyle's review (I love that kid. All the charisma of an egg sandwich, but boy, if what you want is a detailed rundown of a particular model, you can do no better) you can see that SAME defect on the front lip. Looks like it's a common issue!

Old 10-31-2017, 08:35 AM

Howdy again: question:
Does someone make body coloured plugs for that horrible boot keyhole? I'm guessing there must be a demand...
Cheers!

Old 10-31-2017, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,155 Likes on 3,088 Posts

There's a keyhole in the boot?

Old 10-31-2017, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,484 Likes on 907 Posts

If you have small number plates like we do in New Zealand, you can see it.

Attached Thumbnails Picked up a GT!-img_0079-copy.jpg  
Old 10-31-2017, 09:35 PM

yep. The Jap plate won't cover it.

Not real classy...

Old 10-31-2017, 10:34 PM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

A circle of black vinyl stuck over it would be my solution.

I don't have this problem with mine since I have Euro plates which cover the lock.

Last edited by Cambo; 10-31-2017 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 875 Posts

Or a red circle, given you are in the land of the rising sun