Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   pond scum. (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/pond-scum-104191/)

guy 10-09-2013 07:53 AM

pond scum.

... have just keyed my xkr. both sides of the car. not buff able.
I hate pond scum.

Fulton 10-09-2013 08:21 AM

man that sucks! I feel your pain.

R_Rated 10-09-2013 08:27 AM

i HATE HEARING THINGS LIKE THIS.

amcdonal86 10-09-2013 09:01 AM

Ouch! That makes me mad!!!

Hope your insurance company can make you whole. Make sure you get the work done at the best body shop you can find!!!

JimC64 10-09-2013 09:07 AM

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...ine=1381162881

So sorry to hear about this.....

Its all about jealousy I guess, either that or someone has it in for you...

Either way, it sucks

mosesbotbol 10-09-2013 09:28 AM

A constant fear of mine. Sorry to read this happened to you.

DGL 10-09-2013 09:52 AM

Senseless act from looser... Were you parked in a public parking area with camera surveillance like a mall etc.?

I came out of the mall the other day with my daughter to notice someone spit on my window. I checked for any damage immediately and would have visited mall security if I found any for camera coverage. There are a lot of jealous people in this world. When I got my first Jag, XKR 175, I immediately noticed the different people taking an interest in the car as I drove around. Some people would look with the wow expression and others would look on like you owed something to them. I find this bothers me the most about owning high end cars. Some people have it out for everyone who has something they will never have. I always park my car away from other cars--it's sad to say I just don't trust the general public any more.

This really sucks and I feel for you. I've had lots of property damage done against me. I own some apartment buildings and people have caused $1,000 and $1,000 of damage to my properties.

v8cat 10-09-2013 10:55 AM

Pure jealousy like members mentioned here. I worry about it, but a lot of people in my area give me the thumbs-up. Just last week my wife told me to look at a guy in a SUV at the bank parking lot as he was waving at us. When I looked over at him, he just gave us thumbs-up. Another time I was stopped in traffic and a driver leaned out of his window to take a picture of the Jag with his camera phone. there are a lot of BMWs, Porsches, and Mercedes in the suburbs of North Atlanta,, but not many XKs. They stand out which is not a good thing in a parking lot.

GGG 10-09-2013 11:13 AM

Sorry to hear about this.

Increasingly it's one of the downsides of owning anything out of the ordinary.

Graham

sharx8 10-09-2013 12:21 PM

Sorry to hear this happened to you. It is a constant fear of mine. I am really anal about where I park and by extension when I choose to take the XKR.

If I am going anywhere that I am not sure where I will be parking, I take my wife's car. Thankfully I have a secured garage at work and at home so most of the time it is in either of these two places. I refuse to take it to a mall parking lot or any other open public parking lot because of the jealousy factor. Really sucks to have to hide our babies away because of sh** like this.

jpk112 10-09-2013 12:55 PM

So sorry to hear about that, had a BMW 320i keyed once, man it made me mad!!!

tberg 10-09-2013 08:33 PM

Boy, that just pisses me off. I'm not sure if it's jealousy or teenage hooligans like taggers, they just want to leave their mark. Either way, p.i.t.a.! Hope you get a whole new paint job.

Schott 10-09-2013 11:45 PM

Wow, that sucks big time. When I first got my 2000 XKR I used to take photos of the cars parked next to me so I had the reg plate if the banged their door into mine. These types of beautiful cars makes you paranoid. In your case unfortunately for a good reason :=(

Not all teenager are hooligans though. Once I was sitting in my car at a gas station waiting for my parents. A gang of 15 year old hip hoppers stood nearby looking cool. One of them pointed at my car, walked up to me and asked my to lower the window. When I did he talked about how rad my car was and you almost never see such a beautiful car. Then he fist pounded and told me to stay cool and left. It was awesome! :=D

muncher 10-10-2013 02:44 AM

Like the others have said, sorry to hear some muppet has keyed your xkr. These cars seem to bring out such extremes of opinion. I get a lot of positive comments but also the negative reactions. All I can say is just try and roll with it. You drive one hell of a cool car. They know it, we know it. Hope you get it sorted.

guy 10-10-2013 12:28 PM

Thanks for your sympathies, guys. I new you'd understand.
Trying to remain positive...
Guy.

amcdonal86 10-10-2013 01:48 PM

It seems to me that although parking away may save your car from dings, it can also call attention to your car resulting in keying. It's a delicate thing to pick a parking space!!!

BTW, where did it happen?

guy 10-16-2013 02:44 PM

public parking lot... on Main St. Ottawa. Next to the green door restaurant. Was not expecting this at all. :-( And now the nonsense with the insurance company....

Snide72 10-16-2013 03:31 PM

When I'm King ...

When I'm King, guys like that would be hung by their prune pouch from a tree, skinned alive, smothered in hot sauce and covered in salt. Then, after a week or two, I'd cut them down and torture them. I know, I know ... to some ... that may seem a bit severe.

TFlan 10-16-2013 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Snide72 (Post 834852)
When I'm King, guys like that would be hung by their prune pouch from a tree, skinned alive, smothered in hot sauce and covered in salt. Then, after a week or two, I'd cut them down and torture them. I know, I know ... to some ... that may seem a bit severe.

Please forgive my naivete, but I fail to see the severity.

JimC64 10-16-2013 06:52 PM

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...ine=1381162881

Originally Posted by Snide72 (Post 834852)

I'm sorry but the softly softly approach has to come to an end.....Its time to make them pay!