Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   Replacement suede for headliner (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/replacement-suede-headliner-204416/)

Little red car 09-22-2021 11:43 AM

Ted is it still possible to get a sample of the Passion Suede Roof Liner material color Creme? I have a 2011 XJL Exterior color Indigo Blue with Blue Upholstery and Ivory Trim. Thanks, Geoff.

tberg 09-23-2021 08:34 AM

Of course, there are several colors from cream to light beige in the Passion Suede, so I can send you clippings of anything that resembles cream. PM your address, and I'll get them out to you.

Little red car 09-27-2021 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by tberg (Post 2445019)
Of course, there are several colors from cream to light beige in the Passion Suede, so I can send you clippings of anything that resembles cream. PM your address, and I'll get them out to you.

Ted,

Did you get my PM with Address or Email. The site doesn't seen to show if they were received, only sent.

Thanks,
Geoff.

tberg 09-27-2021 09:39 PM

Yes, in the mail.

Little red car 09-28-2021 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by tberg (Post 2447044)
Yes, in the mail.

Thank you.

Arminius 10-01-2021 12:11 PM

I have an Indigo Blue Pearl 2007 XK Convertible, with Caramel interior.

Is it possible to get liner material in matching colour? In the rquired amount or a little more?

I will gladly cover all expenses, but I´m from Europe, so S & H will be more.

Thanks in advance, Hermann

tberg 10-04-2021 01:21 PM

Hermann,
Of course it is possible, but I'm not sure which color most approximates Caramel. I know for color Canvas, the Oyster Passion Suede is nearly a perfect match, but I don't know Caramel. Send me a picture of the color and I can send your samples of any close colors for you to compare in person. I just sent two colors to Australia, so I don't think it will be an issue to Austria.

Little red car 10-04-2021 03:28 PM

Ted,

Many thanks for the two samples I received today. Unfortunately neither is close to the color of my XJL interior. Jaguar describe it as Ivory and it is much more white than the samples you sent. Do yo have other colors that might match mine?

Hopefully,
Geoff.

V7Sport 10-04-2021 05:42 PM

To get a better match to the existing interior color or color you want, suggest you go to the local paint shop and find a close paint chip color. There are so many paint colors available, one of them will work.
Sending this to Tberg would give him a place to start in finding a suitable fabric match. Very generous of him to help out owners with his resources.

Little red car 10-05-2021 08:36 AM

V7Sport, A great suggestion I will do that. I 100% agree that Ted is being extremely generous sending out samples of his materials. I do hope we can find a match for mine.

Arminius 10-05-2021 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by tberg (Post 2449548)
Hermann,
Of course it is possible, but I'm not sure which color most approximates Caramel. I know for color Canvas, the Oyster Passion Suede is nearly a perfect match, but I don't know Caramel. Send me a picture of the color and I can send your samples of any close colors for you to compare in person. I just sent two colors to Australia, so I don't think it will be an issue to Austria.

THANKS!

I´ll take pictures!

Hermann

Arminius 10-05-2021 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by V7Sport (Post 2449650)
To get a better match to the existing interior color or color you want, suggest you go to the local paint shop and find a close paint chip color. There are so many paint colors available, one of them will work.
Sending this to Tberg would give him a place to start in finding a suitable fabric match. Very generous of him to help out owners with his resources.

Dear Sir!

You´ve got Caramel furniture inside your car - how would you describe the colour?

Hermann

V7Sport 10-05-2021 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Arminius (Post 2450111)
Dear Sir!

You´ve got Caramel furniture inside your car - how would you describe the colour?

Hermann

Color is very subjective and there are limited words that have been assigned to the color of specific fabrics by their designer. And the lighting the color is observed in makes a big difference.
That is why I suggest you find paint chips of a color that is pleasing to you so tberg has something color specific regardless of the name, to work toward.

My idea of Caramel is a darker shade of brown than the leather or carpet in my car’s interior. And the ceiling fabric is more beige (to my eye).

tberg 10-05-2021 08:57 PM

Geoff,
Why don't I send you a swatch of white, and if it's too bright, try making a cup of black tea, cut the swatch in two or three pieces and dip each one for a different period of time, like the first one for 30 seconds, the second for a minute, and the third for 90 seconds, and then rinse them out in cold water and see what the color looks like. I will get the white out to you tomorrow.

Cambo 10-06-2021 05:33 AM

Okay let's get a couple of things straight here.

In the X150 range, there were six different headliner "fabrics"

Canvas Morzine Cloth - this is in the early cars, it is NOT the suede fabric, it's a velour/felt fabric, Canvas is the name of the colour.
Canvas Alston Suede - this is in 2008-onward cars, if you have a light-coloured suede, this is what you have
Warm Charcoal Alston Suede - this was only in the 2009MY XKR-S (aka 2008 XKR-S in Europe) nobody in America has this
Jet Alston Suede - this is the dark-coloured suede in 2010MY-onward cars, if you have dark suede, this is it.
Canvas Poltrona Frau - this is actual leather, not suede
Jet Poltrona Frau - this is actual leather, not suede

So if your headliner is not suede, not leather, it's the Canvas Morzine fabric.
If you have a light colour suede headliner, it's Canvas
If you have the dark colour suede headliner, it's Jet

Doesn't matter if your seats are Ivory, Caramel, Warm Charcoal, the headliner is one of two colours.

If you have an X250 XF the colours are the same. If you have another model like X350, X351, etc then there are some different colours.

But X150, that's all there is.

Kongo1 10-06-2021 07:48 AM

Guessing that the model years you refer to are U.S.I have a 2008 XK with the caramel color luxury package and the headliner needs to be redone, it is not leather so can I assume it is the morazine cloth in canvas color?

bocatrip 10-06-2021 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Cambo (Post 2450276)

Canvas Morzine Cloth - this is in the early cars, it is NOT the suede fabric, it's a velour/felt fabric, Canvas is the name of the colour.
Canvas Alston Suede - this is in 2008-onward cars, if you have a light-coloured suede, this is what you have
Warm Charcoal Alston Suede - this was only in the 2009MY XKR-S (aka 2008 XKR-S in Europe) nobody in America has this
Jet Alston Suede - this is the dark-coloured suede in 2010MY-onward cars, if you have dark suede, this is it.

Doesn't matter if your seats are Ivory, Caramel, Warm Charcoal, the headliner is one of two colours.

If you have an X250 XF the colours are the same. If you have another model like X350, X351, etc then there are some different colours.

That certainly simplifies things...If the owner has an XK/XKR between 2008-2015 there are two color choice headliners...Light color/Canvas Alston Suede Dark color/Jet Alston Suede Does this sound correct?

Kongo1 10-06-2021 11:55 AM

My 08 XK is neither suede or leather.

bocatrip 10-06-2021 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kongo1 (Post 2450407)
My 08 XK is neither suede or leather.

Is it possible that it was replaced at one time? Are you the original owner? I've seen an 07 that was that felt material. Is it possible that some of the 08 models came with that felt material as well? Maybe the early model production cars?

Arminius 10-06-2021 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cambo (Post 2450276)

A BIG THANKS! :icon_beerchug::icon_clapclap:

Hermann