Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   Road trip (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/road-trip-195139/)

ttiverson98 01-11-2018 08:15 PM

Road trip

GGG 01-12-2018 02:22 AM

I've moved your post from an old thread about disappearing posts in Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Centre to a new thread in XK/XKR forum.

I would have posted this in the Official Jaguar XK/XKR Picture Post Thread at the top of this forum..........

Graham

pwpacp 01-12-2018 07:58 AM

The Dragon is ok but too many bikes and traffic. Come on up here to GA any time, we have hundereds of roads just as much fun or better! Better yet, there is usually no one pushing/blocking and I've yet to see any law enforcement!

Those are nice rides for it though. I have a friend in Ohio that comes down to cruise here with much the same combo as you two. Do you swap rides with each other sometimes like we do? Both cars are best when the roads are not straight.

Ranchero50 01-12-2018 08:14 AM

Ditto. Tons of old Indian trails and ridge back paths that were turned into roads in Appalachia.

ttiverson98 01-12-2018 08:22 AM

ttiverson98 01-12-2018 08:23 AM

Thanks, I was trying to add these photos to the XK/XKR pic thread.....last time I will try this on my phone :-(

ttiverson98 01-12-2018 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by pwpacp (Post 1824034)
The Dragon is ok but too many bikes and traffic. Come on up here to GA any time, we have hundereds of roads just as much fun or better! Better yet, there is usually no one pushing/blocking and I've yet to see any law enforcement!

Those are nice rides for it though. I have a friend in Ohio that comes down to cruise here with much the same combo as you two. Do you swap rides with each other sometimes like we do? Both cars are best when the roads are not straight.

My friends Z06 is heavily modified and quite the beast. I have a tune and pulley and hi flow cats on mine. We have both driven each other's cars and have great appreciation for both rides. They both sound amazing.

Fortunately the tail wasn't too busy when we were there, we went on a weekday. We drove multiple routes over a few days. Our favorite was the Moonshiner in GA. +1 on not seeing any law enforcement

pwpacp 01-12-2018 05:28 PM

Ha Ha, all of the time we've lived here in NE GA, I was not even aware it is named the
Moonshiner 28! We do stay away from that route on week ends because of traffic though.

Our biggest joy is just cruising, finding a branching road and exploring it trying to get lost. Sometimes, maybe more often than not, they dead end into someone's drive. People here say there is an element of danger in doing that but we've yet to encounter any problems.

We love the car and the hills!

old_dawg 01-13-2018 06:28 AM

I never heard the name Moonshiner 28 either, but yes parts are a fun drive. The section 64/28 between Franklin and Highlands is nearly always busy in the summer, and we continue to have 18 wheelers trying (and getting stuck). As always, there are plenty of non-straight alternatives.