XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Spires Group Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 08:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts
Default Spires Group Purchase

Evoking reminded me last night about the group buy from Spires. I'm currently having them build me a set of Coilovers using Modified F-Type Dampers and Eibach springs that are fully compatible with the Adaptive Handling System in our cars.

If anyone else is interested in anything they have please let me know so that I can find out how many people are interested which has a direct correlation to the discount we can receive. I'm not sure of the amount yet but my price is 400 pounds lower than the advertised price. Keep in mind we still have to deal with VAT unless someone knows a way around it.

Let me know and have a great day,
Max

Old 01-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Received 134 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by MaximA
Evoking reminded me last night about the group buy from Spires. I'm currently having them build me a set of Coilovers using Modified F-Type Dampers and Eibach springs that are fully compatible with the Adaptive Handling System in our cars.

If anyone else is interested in anything they have please let me know so that I can find out how many people are interested which has a direct correlation to the discount we can receive. I'm not sure of the amount yet but my price is 400 pounds lower than the advertised price. Keep in mind we still have to deal with VAT unless someone knows a way around it.

Let me know and have a great day,
Max

General overview - European commission

Here is some good information. You should not have to pay VAT. VAT is for European member countries only. It's like buying online and not having to deal with sales tax here in the USA. I have a re-seller's license if you run into any problems. That will help with one here or there but I don't think I'm comfortable floating and group buys...

Old 01-09-2014, 09:17 AM
Veteran Member

Thank you for the info I'll bring this up with him today. The VAT on the coilovers is 400 pounds which is insane.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:26 AM

Thank you for the info I'll bring this up with him today. The VAT on the coilovers is 400 pounds which is insane.
For the purpose of exports between the Community and non-member countries, no VAT is charged on the transaction and the VAT already paid on the inputs of the good for export is deducted - this is an exemption with the right to deduct the input VAT, sometimes called 'zero-rating'. There is thus no residual VAT contained in the export price.
However, as far as imports are concerned, VAT must be paid at the moment the goods are imported so they are immediately placed on the same footing as equivalent goods produced in the Community. Taxable people registered for VAT will be allowed to deduct this VAT in their next VAT return.
A study provides detailed informationpdf(980 kB) Choose translations of the previous link (in English only) on the import VAT payment rules in different Member States.
Now technically you are supposed to claim this on your taxes and pay an import tariff. Just like when you buy stuff online, the law reads that you should save all of these receipts (and any receipts you have from other out of state purchases where you didn't pay tax in your state and brought goods home) so that you can voluntarily pay state and local sales tax...

Old 01-09-2014, 09:48 AM
Veteran Member

I just asked for some clarification on the VAT from his standpoint. Soon as I hear something I'll let you know.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm in as discussed. Just need to better understand how they have tested the valving on the shocks to make sure a good fit for XKR.

Also, I don't see rebound and dampening adjust-ability on these... or am I missing something?

Old 01-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Veteran Member

There testing was done on other customers XKRs. If you want the XKR dampers I'm sure they will modify those for you as well. There is no manual adjustability other than what the ADS provides. They just modify the valving for the spring rates you desire and also modify the bump stops in the shock so you don't bottom out as easily. If you want manual adjustability I don't think they will be ADS compatible at that point. PM me your email if you like and I'll loop you into the conversation with Matt from Spires.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:15 AM
Veteran Member

Here is the first response from Matt at Spires. I'm waiting on the response on the damper modifications.

Hi Max,

No worries, always happy to answer questions.

Firstly the group buy. I can offer discounts on multiple buys of the same items which I can calculate at the time but would expect it to be in the region of 15%.
I would also be able to offer a 10% discount on a bulk order of parts regardless what is ordered. (3 products or more).

I can send all items to USA excluding VAT, but be aware, your country will almost certainly apply an import / sales tax.

Matt

Spires

Old 01-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member

R_Rated - Can you shed some insight to the VAT and how the US will handle the tax as Matt stated?

Evoking - If we are ready now which I am and have sent a CC number we can get 10% off 1995 pounds and hopefully bypass the VAT.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:25 AM

R_Rated - Can you shed some insight to the VAT and how the US will handle the tax as Matt stated?

Evoking - If we are ready now which I am and have sent a CC number we can get 10% off 1995 pounds and hopefully bypass the VAT.
If they simply ship in the mail then you are supposed to seek out the authorities to voluntarily pay import tariffs. If you're not doing a ton of transactions then nobody will ever care. In other words - I am going to be in Europe in a couple of weeks. If I send you a package then it just gets delivered, right? I am going to send some chocolates to my fiancee. Same thing. Customs is not going to open every box and research the price of everything that comes over. If you're really worried then have them send the invoice separately. Just nod that you understand that you are supposed to pay the taxes... It's really not a big deal for consumers.

The following users liked this post:
MaximA (01-09-2014)
Old 01-09-2014, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member

Here are your answers on the damper questions.

Max,

The dampers are subtly different in rebound and compression forces (circa 5% stiffer at higher forces and 5% softer in the lower forces). This will help with traction on slower bends and pull away, but give more ultimate control when driving quickly.
It's more the increased spring rate which will give the most benefit to the handling performance. The front spring goes up to 100N/mm from 79N/mm and the rear increases to 120N/mm from 95N/mm.

If your friend is nervous about F-Type damper, then I can do the same package but with the XKR damper, the gains are not so good, but it does work well.

I have sent many orders to USA and always send them excluding VAT. Typically customers just pay sales tax.

Hope this helps?

Matt

Spires

Old 01-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by R_Rated
If they simply ship in the mail then you are supposed to seek out the authorities to voluntarily pay import tariffs. If you're not doing a ton of transactions then nobody will ever care. In other words - I am going to be in Europe in a couple of weeks. If I send you a package then it just gets delivered, right? I am going to send some chocolates to my fiancee. Same thing. Customs is not going to open every box and research the price of everything that comes over. If you're really worried then have them send the invoice separately. Just nod that you understand that you are supposed to pay the taxes... It's really not a big deal for consumers.
Thank you for the information I'll make sure there is no invoice in the box as they will email me one anyway.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Veteran Member

ok my order is in with no VAT, evoking just email Matt at info@spires-st.com and tell him you spoke with Max and he will hook you up with the 10% discount and no VAT.

R_rated you just saved me $700.00 Thank you!

Old 01-09-2014, 12:04 PM

I'm in if its in the 2K USD range... but not likely huh?

Old 01-09-2014, 12:07 PM

ok my order is in with no VAT, evoking just email Matt at info@spires-st.com and tell him you spoke with Max and he will hook you up with the 10% discount and no VAT.

R_rated you just saved me $700.00 Thank you!
we never discussed my fee haha. If we're ever in the same geo it'll be one non domestic beer.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:09 PM
Veteran Member

comes out to 2087 pounds before the discount with shipping which is 3k at todays rate. If you order he will give you 10% off and no VAT right away. Looking at the video of the XKR on there XKR on the Ring with the exact set up sold me..

Anyone want to by some H&Rs with 500 miles on them

Old 01-09-2014, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member

I'll more than happily buy you a beer anytime!

Last edited by MaximA; 01-09-2014 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Can't spell today
Old 01-09-2014, 12:13 PM
Veteran Member

Here is their XKR.

The car just seems to stick really well, and gets the power down out of the corners much better than a stock XKR(s)

http://www.youtube.com/user/SpiresTuning/videos

Last edited by MaximA; 01-09-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member

axr6-If your around I spoke to Matt at Spires about the sway bar and this was his response.

There isn't a stock replacement rear bar for your car and to be honest, I'd suggest you try the coil over first. You'll be amazed at the difference. The increased rear spring rate really makes a massive difference to the handling balance. I've ran this set up at Germany's Nurburgring and in Spa - Belgium and it it truly awesome.

We can look at GT rear bar but the price is steep... Hopefully I get everything installed, the car corner weighted and aligned before autocross here in February to see how this setup handles. the sway bars i mentioned before were for a 2008 model.

Does anyone know if the current XKR-S has a larger rear sway bar then the XKR?

Old 01-12-2014, 04:57 PM
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Maxima- I'm interested in your springs. Cuanto?

Quick Reply: Spires Group Purchase