Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   Supercharger vacuum line help. (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/supercharger-vacuum-line-help-207200/)

Phantom2407 08-26-2018 03:29 PM

Supercharger vacuum line help.

I was tooling around in my car and noticed that a very thin line coming from on top of the supercharger in the center about 1/8"of hard plastic is broken. Does anyone know what it is and where I can buy it? I tried to glue it but it was so britle it broke even more.it ends at the top front of the engine and has a 2 or 3 inch long black plug of some kind.thanks in advance.

JagV8 08-26-2018 04:35 PM

Well done for seeing it! Sorry I don't know exactly which one but it ought to be on parts sites. Sadly you need every vacuum line to be perfect or your fuel trims will be off and possibly cat damage will occur (depending how well the PCM can compensate).

Cambo 08-26-2018 05:51 PM

Have a look here https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...arning-193275/

RedRider48 08-26-2018 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cambo (Post 1952774)

Hey Cambo,
Am going to be proactive and was looking at your link for the vac lines. Is it just those two P/Ns C2P3419 and AJ801193? Thanks for posting.

Cambo 08-26-2018 09:30 PM

Only those two, yep.

RedRider48 08-26-2018 09:59 PM

Thanks Cambo,
I have them in my sights for ordering before the "fertilizer hits the ventilator" LOL!

Rey 08-27-2018 10:20 PM

I think Jaguar has "cheaped-out" on its flexible coolant, fuel and vacuum lines. Better to replace them with conventional rubber composite lines made by Goodyear, Gates, etc - available at NAPA for a fraction of Jaguar's price.

Piersman 08-28-2018 03:02 AM

^^^
This.
When I did the snout on my S/C the original hose was all brittle and cracked. I just went to my local parts shop and bought a short length of rubber fuel line to replace.

80sRule 08-28-2018 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 1953490)
I think Jaguar has "cheaped-out" on its flexible coolant, fuel and vacuum lines. Better to replace them with conventional rubber composite lines made by Goodyear, Gates, etc - available at NAPA for a fraction of Jaguar's price.

+2.

Just pick a cool day, run back and forth a few times to the store, and replace the whole deal. It can prevent or fix idle issues, smells, leaks. It also is really cheap and critical routine maintenance. It's nice to leisurely replace them rather than have to get stuff in a pinch when you accidentally lean on one of these parts and break it.

Phantom2407 08-28-2018 12:24 PM

Ok so it settles these can be replaced by similar diameter silicone or ruber hoses? Basically anything they carry at Napa or AutoZone.

Cee Jay 08-28-2018 12:33 PM

Is it a Coolant line or Vacuum line?
A plain silicone hose will NOT work for vacuum, as once they get a bit warm and soft they can 'suck' themselves closed. I found that out the hard way, many years ago. Also not the greatest for coolant, as the high heat isn't silicone's best friend.
I broke both a vacuum line AND a coolant line the first time I took my oil filter cap off my 2010. The rubber hoses I clamped on have been there ever since.

Sean W 08-28-2018 01:39 PM

So while we're add it, I've seen the pic in Cambo's post but as I don't have an S/C, I'm not sure what portion of that part is under the SC if not all of it. If it's only a line, could you not run hard aluminum or stainless brake line under the SC and attach the rubber bits in front and behind? Then you wouldn't need to pull the SC in the future.

Phantom2407 09-08-2018 04:01 PM

Appreciate the heads up

Originally Posted by Cee Jay (Post 1953774)
Is it a Coolant line or Vacuum line?
A plain silicone hose will NOT work for vacuum, as once they get a bit warm and soft they can 'suck' themselves closed. I found that out the hard way, many years ago. Also not the greatest for coolant, as the high heat isn't silicone's best friend.
I broke both a vacuum line AND a coolant line the first time I took my oil filter cap off my 2010. The rubber hoses I clamped on have been there ever since.

Hey hey thank you for the heads up on the silicone hoses not being a good replacement I appreciate the help.