Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   Thor's New Ride??? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/thors-new-ride-85001/)

Lothar52 11-19-2012 07:44 AM

Thor's New Ride???

I just read a review of the XKR-S. When they summed it up I about fell out of my chair...cuz its perfect!

Basically it said:

"If Iron Man likes to drive the Audi R-8 (now its an acura due to contractual obligations haha)....then Thor's vehicle of choice would be the XKR-S (if he didnt just want to fly)!!"

Thoughts? Comments? Exultations?

mjsammon 11-19-2012 09:44 AM

Link please!

Mike

Lothar52 11-19-2012 11:56 AM

I was just trying to find it but got lost in about 100 other reviews. I believe it was a review from middle east but was in english (good english too). I did find this neat little review and again, lost it, but this is what it said that made me laugh and sigh with pride:

"Whichever mode you select, you can be sure that the XKR-S will emit an exhaust note to match its acceleration. Bury the accelerator and it'll make a din that can best be described as the sound of a Tyrannosaurus Rex gargling hand grenades in a thunderstorm. It's a brutish, primeval bellow that, in conjunction with the car's epic thrust, will leave you whooping like a 12-year-old on a rollercoaster."

A t-rex gargling hand grenades in a thunderstorm!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Definitely "Thor's" car of choice!!

Loth

r0m8470 11-19-2012 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lothar52 (Post 623794)
I was just trying to find it but got lost in about 100 other reviews. I believe it was a review from middle east but was in english (good english too). I did find this neat little review and again, lost it, but this is what it said that made me laugh and sigh with pride:

"Whichever mode you select, you can be sure that the XKR-S will emit an exhaust note to match its acceleration. Bury the accelerator and it'll make a din that can best be described as the sound of a Tyrannosaurus Rex gargling hand grenades in a thunderstorm. It's a brutish, primeval bellow that, in conjunction with the car's epic thrust, will leave you whooping like a 12-year-old on a rollercoaster."

A t-rex gargling hand grenades in a thunderstorm!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Definitely "Thor's" car of choice!!

Loth

I test-drove MY2013 XKR as well. That aural description is quite accurate. My MY2003 sounds more like demonic-runaway tea-kettle since the blower whine is so prominent, yet the exhaust note is so muted.

Lothar52 11-20-2012 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by mjsammon (Post 623702)
Link please!

Mike

Test Drive and Review - Jaguar XKR-S - CarbonOctane

Lothar52 11-20-2012 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Lothar52 (Post 624297)

I like the review...but get the sense there is not a bad thing he wants to say about the car...then again...apart from getting tail happy at the limit, what is the weakness??? (some would view that weakness as a good thing as well (not me)).

My only sense of "weakness" with the car is the buttery steering and sound system/NAV - my G37s has a better steering feel - but I can live with its faults for that grace, beauty, and power!!!!

I know a guy who has a xkr-s...he tracks it and bought it merely because unlike other car - it "scares the s%$&" out of him...and he likes that.

Loth