Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tyre not monitored

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 08:35 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tyre not monitored

Help!!
Hello guys I was driving yesterday when I got the message "tyre not monitored".
I pulled the the f2 fuse to reset the system and the warning went off. It seems to not come on when I'm just cruising around the city but comes on when I'm on the expressway. Does anybody have any idea what's going on. My car is a 2007 xk.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Jayjaguar; 09-27-2014 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:31 AM
Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts

I believe you get that error message when one of the TMPS sensors stops transmitting (if it's more than one you get a "System Fault"). Since you have an 07, I would venture a guess and say that the batteries in your sensors are probably starting to go. They should last between 6-8 years from what I've heard. You can run the car by any place like Discount Tire and they should be able to scan each wheel and tell you if that's the case.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:35 AM

Thanks I will go by my local tire shop and let them check them

Old 05-12-2015, 05:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,160 Likes on 3,090 Posts

Old post, but where is this F2 fuse? I have the same thing, but Discount checked all the sensors AND the OBDII stuff, and all checked out OK. I hope that your F2 fuse reset will help me out.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Old post, but where is this F2 fuse? I have the same thing, but Discount checked all the sensors AND the OBDII stuff, and all checked out OK. I hope that your F2 fuse reset will help me out.
Its between the back seat

The following users liked this post:
Cee Jay (05-13-2015)
Old 05-13-2015, 12:04 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jayjaguar
Its between the back seat
Guess I should have known that already. Anyway, now to do the 15+ mph for 15 minutes to relearn everything.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:31 PM
Received 442 Likes on 185 Posts

I had this pop up in the last month. Right front "not monitored". My TPMS sensors are less than 6 months old. Today I pulled fuse F2 on the lower right side of the rear panel. I removed both antennas from the front wheel wells, cleaned the contacts with spray and swapped them to see if the problem followed the antenna. I also removed, unplugged and sprayed the big connector on the left (drivers here in the US) side that connects the TPMS antennas to the harness. Re-installed the F2 fuse and after a 5 mile drive at 50mph everything remains clear.

If this doesn't work I'm going to temporarily swap the front tires and see if the problem follows the TPMS sensors. It's a cheap, easy way to eliminate the obvious.

Last edited by flyc2c; 05-14-2015 at 05:33 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by flyc2c:
ralphwg (05-14-2015), richzak (05-14-2015), Sean W (03-30-2017)
Old 05-14-2015, 10:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by flyc2c
I had this pop up in the last month. Right front "not monitored". My TPMS sensors are less than 6 months old. Today I pulled fuse F2 on the lower right side of the rear panel. I removed both antennas from the front wheel wells, cleaned the contacts with spray and swapped them to see if the problem followed the antenna. I also removed, unplugged and sprayed the big connector on the left (drivers here in the US) side that connects the TPMS antennas to the harness. Re-installed the F2 fuse and after a 5 mile drive at 50mph everything remains clear.

If this doesn't work I'm going to temporarily swap the front tires and see if the problem follows the TPMS sensors. It's a cheap, easy way to eliminate the obvious.
Are the antennas located on the outside of the wheel well covers or the inside? If on the inside, how hard was it to remove the wheel well panels?

Thanks in advance.

I am getting an intermittent "System Fault" on the TPMS with the tire sign on the dash blinking for 18 to 20 seconds when starting the car, then staying on solid. Sometimes it goes off. It is a intermittent problem.

My TMPS sensors are about 11 months old. I replaced all 4.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by richzak
Are the antennas located on the outside of the wheel well covers or the inside? If on the inside, how hard was it to remove the wheel well panels?

Thanks in advance.

I am getting an intermittent "System Fault" on the TPMS with the tire sign on the dash blinking for 18 to 20 seconds when starting the car, then staying on solid. Sometimes it goes off. It is a intermittent problem.

My TMPS sensors are about 11 months old. I replaced all 4.
They are on the inside. Simply turn the wheel hard to one side and remove the forward torx bolts and pry the fender liner back (this is for the front wheels obviously). They are forward and look like little tennis racquet frames about 5 inches high. They are held in by two plastic screws. Just remove those and pull the antenna out. Took me about 20 minutes to do both and clean the plug. I used a spray cleaner/lubricant/protectant for audio for mixing boards and rheostats.

Unplug fuse F2 first.
Remove/spray clean contacts/swap the antennas.
Remove/unplug/spray clean contacts and reinstall the big harness plug on the driver side. It's the black plug to the right of the antenna with just a few wires in it even though it will hold a lot more than it has in it. Bottom plug I think?
Plug in fuse F2.

My "TPMS Fault" and "tire not monitored" issues have not returned.

Last edited by flyc2c; 05-16-2015 at 12:10 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by flyc2c:
Cee Jay (05-16-2015), richzak (05-16-2015)
Old 12-17-2016, 01:16 AM
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I appreciate all you people chipping in with your knowledge! I have a very close, but different problem. I can not find anyone talking about the rear wheels.

We've had our XK since Wednesday. The whole time it has displayed the warning "Tyre not monitored" and the indicator shows the right rear tire. The other thread I read about this problem talked about a wire routing problem for the right FRONT tire (and fog lamp), but is that wiring just dealing with the right front tire's TPMS? If it is not related to that, I'm guessing I'm looking at a possible antenna gone bad at the right rear wheel, or a bad TPM inside the right rear wheel. I suppose my procedure should be:

1) swap left rear antenna with right rear antenna. If problem moves, replace antenna.
2) If problem doesn't move, check ohm resistance at antenna wire. If no power, chase that down back to the module/fuse box.
3) If I have power to antenna, take to tire shop and get them to test sensor in wheel. Bend over. Ask to be kissed first.

Is that about the size of it?

Old 12-17-2016, 10:40 AM
Received 198 Likes on 140 Posts

GS2000, considering the age of our vehicles, it may simply be a dead battery in the TPMS sender. Richzak replaced the senders on his 2009 and cleared up all the fault messages. Search on TPMS, Rich explains what he got and where he got them. I think they were fairly cheap.

The following 2 users liked this post by JackJohn:
Geosnooker2000 (01-16-2017), ralphwg (12-17-2016)
Old 12-22-2016, 08:24 PM

Fixed:

1) swap left rear antenna with right rear antenna. If problem moves, replace antenna. You can test them with an ohm meter. If you have any resistance it's ok.
2) Swap the tires. If it moves, it's the sensor(s) in the tire.
3)If none of that works, bend over and think happy thoughts.

Tire not monitored=TPMS not talking to sensor
TPMS fault=TPMS not talking to more than one sensor or system fault.

Geosnooker2000 (01-16-2017)
Old 01-16-2017, 04:30 PM

Okay, guys... After much thought and visiting my local Jag certified repair shop, I am sorta convinced that my TPM on the right rear is dying and in need of replacement. I figure that, since this is an '07, and it's 2017, the car (and consequently the TPMs) are 10 years old, and I might as well do all 4 tires at the same time so that I don't have to worry about all this crap for another 7 to 10 years.

So I have done enough research to know that EACH TPM has an ID code, so tell me if I've got this right:

Each sensor has a distinct ID code. The ID codes are tied to the VIN#. IOW, my ID codes are distinct from YOUR codes, and there is a database that lists my codes according to my VIN#. The guy at the shop is telling me that he would order new TPMs using my VIN#, and they would come to him with the ID codes already correct for my XK from his source (presumably the Jag dealer). If I don't do that, and order new ones on line, he would have to log onto my XK's computer and change the ID codes that the car is supposed to be monitoring for. That means he would have to charge me computer time @ $88/hr for that service. But he still keeps saying if he orders the TPMs from his source, he will have computer time. I think he is confused, but whatever.

How can people (as I have read about in other threads here) be ordering OEM TPMs off of Ebay and they work? Don't they have to clone the codes for their vehicle into the new TPMs? And if they do have to, how are they doing it? With this?:

https://jet.com/product/detail/d2f4d...a:2&code=PLA15

Any help would be appreciated!!!!
George

Old 01-16-2017, 04:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,894 Likes on 1,285 Posts

Well, to put it simply, the guy is full of crap, its all bull.
I bought a set of TPMS valves on Amazon, took them, with my new wheels, to the tire dealer, they installed the TPMS and tires on the wheels.
I brought the wheels home, and installed them on the car, and went for a drive.
No warnings, whatsoever. The car relearns the new codes by itself.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:39 PM

How long (in minutes of driving) did it take for your car to re-learn the new codes?

Old 01-16-2017, 06:07 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Geosnooker2000
How long (in minutes of driving) did it take for your car to re-learn the new codes?
Since I didn't have a TPMS warning to start with, I can't be sure, but the owner's manual says to drive the car at a speed above 18 mph (25 km/h) for approximately 10 minutes.
I just took it out on the highway and went for a long cruise.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:55 PM
Veteran Member

Concur with the Full of Crap.
Mine relearned in about six minutes. It was on the Freeway, but still six minutes.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by kj07xk
Since I didn't have a TPMS warning to start with, I can't be sure, but the owner's manual says to drive the car at a speed above 18 mph (25 km/h) for approximately 10 minutes.
I just took it out on the highway and went for a long cruise.
I would be interested in your reaction to post #11 in this thread:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...arning-173038/

Old 01-16-2017, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Concur with the Full of Crap.
Mine relearned in about six minutes. It was on the Freeway, but still six minutes.
Excuse me, but I'm gonna press you on this. And the only reason I'm doing it is because I want to FULLY understand what I'm talking about when I am talking to my local shop owner.
Where did you get your TPMs from? A tire shop? If so, did they supply them through their sources? How do you know they didn't "clone" your XK's TPM codes? Did you watch them do the procedure?

If you bought them on line and supplied them for the shop work, what brand did you buy? (Dorman's been rumored to have problems)

The reason I am asking all these questions is, I am wondering why this product is in existence if what you all say is true:

https://jet.com/product/detail/d2f4d...wM.dcD3JEjN1aw

Old 01-16-2017, 11:32 PM
Veteran Member

I would be interested in your reaction to post #11 in this thread:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...arning-173038/
No, don't use Dorman, go with the Sieman VDO units. There are two models that work just fine, I'll look 'em up in the morning.

Geosnooker2000 (01-17-2017)

Quick Reply: Tyre not monitored