Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   Wheel Spacer advice (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/wheel-spacer-advice-212197/)

arenaej 12-28-2018 04:30 PM

Wheel Spacer advice

I just bought a set of Takoba wheels on eBay. I’m planning on installing them on my ‘09 XK Convertible. Search tells me that the fronts will fit as offsets are the same, but I’ll need spacers for the rears. My understanding is that 20mm should work and keep me from having to trim the studs. I see unbranded hub centric spacers on eBay for $68.00 or H&R spacers for $160. Any thoughts on which spacers? Thanks for helping.

Stuart S 12-28-2018 07:26 PM

See my Post #1 in this old thread. https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-brakes-67260/

Contact Lenny Jr. at Motorsport-Tech in Nevada. He can make the perfect spacers for your needs. http://www.motorsport-tech.com/ It would be best for you to call him, since its a custom fitment.

AlexJag 01-09-2019 03:19 AM

Please safe yourself the trouble And do not purchase from Motorsport. Here is my old thread https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/o...9/#post1476504

TexasTraveler 01-09-2019 08:17 AM

H & R are worth the extra money... And you can find them for $125 online...

arenaej 01-09-2019 10:25 AM

As luck would have it, my new wheels arrived on Friday, I came down with my annual January bronchitis so did nothing over the weekend...wheels are awesome, btw. I got the wheels from a wrecked 2015 XK on eBay via Pacific Motors. I submitted what I felt was a low offer for wheels and tires (Michelin Pilot Sport with 15k miles) and it was accepted. In the pics, it looked like one of the tires was flat so I called before paying and was assured that it wasn’t flat. When I picked them up at the trucking terminal one tire was flat with a cut in the tire. I figured I was screwed. I called Steve at Pacific Motors and he promptly refunded $225.00. What great service!

On the advice of Stuart...I appreciate his quick response... I looked at reviews of Motorsport-Tech and the consensus was that the product was great but customer service was erratic depending on Lenny’s mood. I called and spoke to Lenny, Jr. He was professional, knowledgeable, made a recommendation of 20mm hub & wheel centric spacers. I’m no expert, but have read lots on here about the topic and it sounded right to me. I expressed my concern about having to trim lugs... I don’t want to...he said if I ran into that he would gladly exchange for 25mm. It was a good experience so I placed the order yesterday and got shipping info today...so far, so good....thanks for all of the input...if anyone has a need for my 19” Carelia’s, let me know. I’ll post some pics in the marketplace once the swap is complete.

XJ8JR 01-09-2019 12:22 PM

Just for future reference in case anyone was wondering...I've used those unbranded ebay spacers for many thousands of miles and had no issues.

viper1996 01-09-2019 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by XJ8JR (Post 2011314)
Just for future reference in case anyone was wondering...I've used those unbranded ebay spacers for many thousands of miles and had no issues.

Yes and the fit and quality is excellent!

Sean W 01-09-2019 12:38 PM

Me too 25mm hub centric. No vibration, no trimming of studs. A quality product off eBay imo. Since I no longer have the wheels, I have them available for sale if someone wants them.

jwooky 01-10-2019 08:24 AM

You have a link, or a search string?

Sean W 01-10-2019 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by jwooky (Post 2011625)
You have a link, or a search string?

Depends on the thickness you want I suspect. HEre's the search from the vendor I used and the pair I have in my garage:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...+Ford&_sacat=0

This was my search criteria
2pc Hub centric Wheel Spacers Adapters | 5x108 | 63.4 CB | 25mm 1.0" Jaguar Ford

XJ8JR 01-10-2019 12:52 PM

Yup. That's exactly where I got mine. I also have a pair of 15mm and a pair of 25mm that I no longer need since I got wider tires.

AlexJag 01-10-2019 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by arenaej (Post 2011272)
As luck would have it, my new wheels arrived on Friday, I came down with my annual January bronchitis so did nothing over the weekend...wheels are awesome, btw. I got the wheels from a wrecked 2015 XK on eBay via Pacific Motors. I submitted what I felt was a low offer for wheels and tires (Michelin Pilot Sport with 15k miles) and it was accepted. In the pics, it looked like one of the tires was flat so I called before paying and was assured that it wasn’t flat. When I picked them up at the trucking terminal one tire was flat with a cut in the tire. I figured I was screwed. I called Steve at Pacific Motors and he promptly refunded $225.00. What great service!

On the advice of Stuart...I appreciate his quick response... I looked at reviews of Motorsport-Tech and the consensus was that the product was great but customer service was erratic depending on Lenny’s mood. I called and spoke to Lenny, Jr. He was professional, knowledgeable, made a recommendation of 20mm hub & wheel centric spacers. I’m no expert, but have read lots on here about the topic and it sounded right to me. I expressed my concern about having to trim lugs... I don’t want to...he said if I ran into that he would gladly exchange for 25mm. It was a good experience so I placed the order yesterday and got shipping info today...so far, so good....thanks for all of the input...if anyone has a need for my 19” Carelia’s, let me know. I’ll post some pics in the marketplace once the swap is complete.

Hope you have better luck with this company than I did.

jwooky 01-11-2019 12:00 PM

What size would be good to bring the front wheel out to Mach the rears

flyc2c 01-11-2019 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by TexasTraveler (Post 2011240)
H & R are worth the extra money... And you can find them for $125 online...

Agreed.

TexasTraveler 01-12-2019 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by jwooky (Post 2012131)

Most agree that 20 on the front and 15 on the rear is the way to go, but sometimes with the smaller 15mm you have to cut/grind off the tips off of your studs to make sure they clear the wheels... Assuming that you have the original wheels that were on the car and haven’t changed to wheels that have different back spacing... If you have like the OP then you have to take in account the difference in back spacing of the new wheels.

peterv8 01-12-2019 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by jwooky (Post 2012131)

I've read that 20's on the rear can make the tire rub.
I also have 20 front and 15 rear.
Cutting the tip of the studs is easy and they work fine if you would delete the spacers.

jwooky 01-15-2019 05:24 PM

20mm on the way.