XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Wheels for Jaguars with Alcon Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 08:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts
Default Wheels for Jaguars with Alcon Brakes

Over the last 6 months I have been searching for new wheels for my 2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Edition with Alcon oversized brake calipers.

I am pleased to announce that I have been working with Ian Pavelko Director of Technical Services at Fastco of Canada. Fastco Canada is the largest manufacturer of wheels in Canada. They have several vendors that sell their brands and ship to the USA.

Fastco uses a Mazak mill. Fastco recieves their monoblock wheels with full center blocks, then drill the bolt pattern, drill the centerbore, and mill the offsets for many automobile manufacturers.

I called and spoke directly with the President of Fastco Glenn Chaplin personally. Glenn Chaplin then had Ian Pavelko his Director of Tech Services call me personally and between myself and his tech team, many wheel mesaurements were taken, and Fastco can now produce wheels for the Jaguar brand and those owners who have Alcon brake calipers on their respective cars.

The wheels that Fastco can produce fall under the Braelin Alloy wheel brand.

Their website is:

Braelin Alloy Wheels

Fastco does not sell wheels, they only manufacturer them and is one of a few manufacturers that have the Mazak milling machine to produce exact fitment for the Jaguar brand.

Their vendor is 1010tires.com

Pricing for their wheels can be found under the website:

1010TIRES.COMŽ — Tires and Wheels Absolute Authority.

1010 is located in Richmond, B.C. Canada.

You can search their website under:

wheels>braelin

and see the BRO2 style wheels that I have personally ordered for my 2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Edition w Alcon brakes. I have ordered a staggered wheel setup....20 x 8.5 front....20 x 10 rear....Hypersilver /Machine Face. Total cost was right at $1350.00 then you have to add brokerage fee and shipping with UPS fee to send from Canada to the USA through customs...total expense is about $1550.00

Total turnaround from order to delivery is about 2 to 3 weeks because of the custom milling and drilling.

If any Jaguar XKR owner with Alcon brakes is seeking a nice set of wheels, you may want to consider researching the Braelin Alloy wheel website.

I have placed my order today, and Fastco GUARANTEES proper fitment for our specific Jaguar cars.

I have a personal contact with 1010 based out of Toronto, Canada. If you have an interest in these Braelin Alloy wheels send me a PM and I will supply you with his name and direct phone line. He will provide superior service to you.

Be advised that I do not have any affiliation with Fastco or 1010tire. I paid regular price as any other customer would. Currently the Canadian dollar exchange rate to the USD favors the USD and we as USA customers have buying power with our currency.

The vendor 1010tires accepts credit cards and Paypal for payment. With my order, 1010 simply sent me a Paypal Invoice and I made an instant payment for my order. It was very easy.

So if you own a Jaguar XKR with Alcon brakes and are seeking a new style of wheel vs. the Jaguar OEM wheels, takethis post into consideration.

I have done a tremendous amount of research, personal work and conversations between myself and the technical team at Fastco to make it happen.

I will post photos once the wheels are delivered and mounted which will be in about 2 to 3 weeks time.

Keep in mind that Fastco can fit just about any other Jaguar, Alcon brakes or not.

Hope this information will help other Jaguar owners. Check out the websites.

Take a few minutes to check out these YouTube videos.

YouTube...

Attached Thumbnails Wheels for Jaguars with Alcon Brakes-br02-hypersilver-w-gloss-machined-face.png   Wheels for Jaguars with Alcon Brakes-braelin-gunmetal-br02.png  

Last edited by richzak; 02-15-2014 at 05:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GritsNCornbread (02-14-2014)
Old 02-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Received 135 Likes on 85 Posts

Looking forward to seeing pics when you get them.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow, did you ever come through at exactly the right time. I was all set to drop considerably more for a set of Rennen wheels, but those BR02 wheels are actually quite nice! Excellent work, sir. I think I will be giving them a call tomorrow.