Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   XK Return (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/xk-return-147934/)

sevenlima 08-11-2015 04:15 PM

XK Return

Could Jaguar bring back the XK ?

ralphwg 08-11-2015 06:52 PM

There are lots of rumors, maybe in 2017. But, It will be bigger and more expensive maybe to compete with the Bentley. do a search in the search box you will probably find something there.

Cee Jay 08-12-2015 06:43 PM

Larger Jaguar XK Replacement Coming for 2017

Ian D 08-12-2015 06:59 PM

At the moment, the replacement has been dropped with no plans at this time to replace the XK. JLR are concentrating on the F-Pace, XF and next year will be the variants of the XE such as the sport brake and possibly even a Coupe too. After this will be the XJ replacement and possibly after all that has been released they may go back to the XK, which I would bet on being a full on 4 seat GT car instead of a 2+2 to push the car up a bracket and away from F-Type sales.

sevenlima 08-13-2015 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ian D (Post 1285717)
At the moment, the replacement has been dropped with no plans at this time to replace the XK. JLR are concentrating on the F-Pace, XF and next year will be the variants of the XE such as the sport brake and possibly even a Coupe too. After this will be the XJ replacement and possibly after all that has been released they may go back to the XK, which I would bet on being a full on 4 seat GT car instead of a 2+2 to push the car up a bracket and away from F-Type sales.

I think will be a different model than a new XK itself.

Ngarara 08-17-2015 11:50 AM

Yes, that is the prediction - something bigger, more of a GT, a full 4-seat coupe. It is unlikely to be the same as the XK, because the XK also had to fit into the sports-car market. That market is now served by the F-Type, so the new GT is likely to be less sporting, more luxury.

Which is a shame, because I like the balance between sports & luxury in the XK. If I had to choose between the F-Type and a GT replacement for the XK, I'd probably have to go with the F-Type, as that is more what I want. But I find the F-Type a bit loud and flashy, "look at me!!". I guess I'll just have to keep the XKR...

rfr66 08-17-2015 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ngarara (Post 1288995)
Yes, that is the prediction - something bigger, more of a GT, a full 4-seat coupe. It is unlikely to be the same as the XK, because the XK also had to fit into the sports-car market. That market is now served by the F-Type, so the new GT is likely to be less sporting, more luxury.

Which is a shame, because I like the balance between sports & luxury in the XK. If I had to choose between the F-Type and a GT replacement for the XK, I'd probably have to go with the F-Type, as that is more what I want. But I find the F-Type a bit loud and flashy, "look at me!!". I guess I'll just have to keep the XKR...

I find myself in the same boat as you. The lease on my xkr is up in 2017 so I will have to make a tough decision. If I cant find anything else then I will buy it at the end of the lease and keep it. The F-type is not for me. Too small and too aggresive of a look. The closest thing out there to the XK in size, looks and performance is the Aston Martin. I think the XK looks better than DB9 and the Vanquish is an utter fortune and surely not as reliable as a daily driver as the XK is.

mosesbotbol 08-17-2015 01:36 PM

I thought they were planning on a XJ Coupe instead?

Ngarara 08-17-2015 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol (Post 1289055)
I thought they were planning on a XJ Coupe instead?

It may well be badged that way. Whether it will look like a 2-door XJ or something else, I don't know.

Ian D 08-18-2015 03:37 AM

The XJ Coupe has also been dropped as they reckon not enough people will buy it to consider its production. Things may change when the new XJ is released though.

The only coupe that's near to being released is the XE.

ElGreco 08-19-2015 05:38 PM

Ian

What does the rumor mill say about the possibility of JLR stuffing the glorious supercharged 5L into the XE coupe? That might be a contender for my next Jag...

andys-GR 08-20-2015 10:02 AM

I was at the dealer earlier in the week and the sales guy had just got back from driving the XE in the UK and said there was a new XK likely in 2 years !