XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Is this an XKR 'Ian Callum Special'

Old 12-07-2017, 02:05 PM
Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Is this an XKR 'Ian Callum Special'

Hi to fellow members and enthusiasts. I am a newbie to this forum (and to the Jaguar family actually) I have posted in the Newbie Intro area and some kind members suggest a repost in this area would be appropriate.

I have put a deposit on a MY11 XKR for pick up next Tuesday. I have learnt a little about the vehicle but I have had limited exposure to Jaguars in general and bone to the XKR and its variants.

I understand that this XKR was built in November 2010 and dispatched on the 3rd of December 2010. It subsequently was complied in Australia in March 2011 and sold through a Brisbane dealer in June 2011. Its registered number was 'BOMBERS' It is Stratus Grey with a 'warn Napa grey interior.

I believe the build sheet includes the following:

Speed pack BODY KIT...Automatic Transmission..Super Performance Brakes...Red Calipers with Branded R...Adaptive Dynamics...10/limo front suspension...LESS Spare wheel...20" Kalimnos Wheels Gloss Black...Grill Gloss Black...Drv/pas 16 way seats...625nm Torque...speed limiter 174mph/280kph...Canvas Alston Head liner ...Alston upper...Piano veneer..lots of other things which mostly relate to interior and body color trim.

The vehicle also has a red sticker on both front wings just behind the front wheels. The sticker depicts a signature and the words Ian Callum under the signature.

The used car yard has advertised this vehicle as an 'Ian Callum Special with Black Pack' (It also states that it has a Sports exhaust and a Jaguar Branding package)

I have checked the internet but have not been able to find any reference (apart from the car yard advertisement) on this Model of XKR.

Do any members believe that this is a genuine factory vehicle or have any other thoughts

Thanks in advance

Bill

Old 12-07-2017, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,132 Likes on 3,379 Posts

Bill,

Welcome to the Forum. You'll find lots of useful information and helpful owners here. And you're going to love your new XKR!.

I suggest that you write to Jaguar Customer Service in Australia regarding the authenticity of your "Ian Callum Special" badging. Here's the link: https://www.jaguar.com.au/contact-us/index.html

Please let us know what they say.

Stuart

Old 12-07-2017, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Bill,

Welcome to the Forum. You'll find lots of useful information and helpful owners here. And you're going to love your new XKR!.

I suggest that you write to Jaguar Customer Service in Australia regarding the authenticity of your "Ian Callum Special" badging. Here's the link: https://www.jaguar.com.au/contact-us/index.html

Please let us know what they say.

Stuart
Hi Stuart,
Great advise...Thanks for the link...I have sent an email off along the above lines...I will pass on any response
Thanks again
Bill

Old 12-07-2017, 09:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 893 Posts

Bill - When you get your new to you XKR, please post some pics showing the labeling. Your build sheet info looks like it might backup the dealer's claim. Welcome aboard, have fun and be careful out there.

The following users liked this post:
Billxkr (12-07-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 10:05 AM
Received 233 Likes on 110 Posts

I found what may be the car you've just bought, and I've posted pics below to see if other forum members can offer insights. One small detail on this car which I've never seen on another XK (and I've looked at thousands online) is the Jaguar text on the seat headrests: it is the old style "Jaguar" now used for "Jaguar Heritage" items. It's a nice touch. All of the special editions I've seen have always had a door sill marker identifying this. Bill, what do the metal door sills say on them?

Stuart S (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 11:30 AM
Veteran Member

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the real deal, since Jaguar occasionally makes "special edition" models available only for specific markets. The first XKR-S was a 2008 4.2L UK/European model not sold in North America. It was the first X150 supplied with forged Vortex wheels, among other goodies. There are many other special editions including my 2009 XKR Portfolio.

I'd sure like to get a pair of those embossed Jaguar Heritage headrests in Ivory. It's all in the details.

Billxkr (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 651 Likes on 477 Posts

Wow, I really like the speedpack body work on the '10/'11 5.0L cars!

I don't come across it often.

Billxkr (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 12:20 PM

Did some more searching....found the following in the book "You and Your Jaguar XK/XKR"
If the door sill tread plates read XKR 75, then perhaps we've solved it...it's not a "Callum Edition" but an XKR 75....

Billxkr (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 12:43 PM

I've also found several references to a "Heritage Edition" which seems to make sense with the color scheme and the Jaguar Heritage-style headrests and wheel center caps. Here's a bit from one article that references this edition:

Billxkr (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by winstonsalemncxk
I found what may be the car you've just bought, and I've posted pics below to see if other forum members can offer insights. One small detail on this car which I've never seen on another XK (and I've looked at thousands online) is the Jaguar text on the seat headrests: it is the old style "Jaguar" now used for "Jaguar Heritage" items. It's a nice touch. All of the special editions I've seen have always had a door sill marker identifying this. Bill, what do the metal door sills say on them?

Thank you Winstonsalemnckk for taking the time to research this and also for your keen observations. You have indeed found the exact vehicle I am buying. The sill scuff plate has the same branding as the seats ...the work JAGUAR in a border and bit like a stretched out hexagon...I didn't know about the 'Jaguar Heritage' branding...I must admit that I did expect the sills to reflect 'Special Edition' and I was a little disappointed that it 'only' said Jaguar...I am now heartened to hear about the heritage branding...I have written to Jaguar and I am waiting a reply. I will post the reply when I receive it.
Thanks again for your efforts.
Bill

The following 2 users liked this post by Billxkr:
mosesbotbol (12-29-2017), winstonsalemncxk (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by ralphwg
Bill - When you get your new to you XKR, please post some pics showing the labeling. Your build sheet info looks like it might backup the dealer's claim. Welcome aboard, have fun and be careful out there.
Hi Ralphwg
Winston-salem has found the sales photos from the dealer and has posted them (I have no idea how to do that but I will learn) Those photos show the labeling.

Thanks again for your interest
Bill

ralphwg (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 03:12 PM

Bill, it's a beautiful car. I'm sure you will be very happy with her. I'm very interested to know what the final decision on the edition name is. Keep us posted if you learn anything else.

Cheers,

Peter

The following 2 users liked this post by winstonsalemncxk:
Billxkr (12-08-2017), mosesbotbol (12-29-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 03:35 PM

This is a photo of the Sill Scuff Plate on the XKR
Thanks again
Bill

Old 12-08-2017, 04:21 PM

Bill, thanks for the photo of the door sills. It is certainly a very, very rare option. As I mentioned before I've looked at many, many XK/XKR's and I've never seen this before. What a rare gem you've found!

Billxkr (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 04:32 PM

Bill,
Once you acquire the car and want to purchase some wearable car "swag", you'll find a plethora of vendors (including Jaguar official merchandise) that feature the Jaguar "Heritage" logo. There are even garage signs like this one: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Jaguar-H...MAAOSwvFZW7HXh

Happy shopping!
Peter

Billxkr (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 04:43 PM

Hi Peter,

It would be a bonus if it is a rare gem...I haven't physically seen it yet and it looks great in the photos. I get to see it on Monday afternoon and when I do the deal the Car Yard are having a reversing camera fitted (apparently they have an auto elec who 'guarantees' that it will look and behave genuine) on Tuesday, then a service on Wednesday for pickup on Wednesday PM....(The vehicle was advertised with a reversing camera and this was an error by the dealer and they are prepared to rectify this by having one fitted)
Then a road trip back to Coffs Harbour

The Merchandise on the 'Heritage' logo will be enticing too.

Thanks again

Bill

Old 12-08-2017, 07:44 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by winstonsalemncxk
Did some more searching....found the following in the book "You and Your Jaguar XK/XKR"
If the door sill tread plates read XKR 75, then perhaps we've solved it...it's not a "Callum Edition" but an XKR 75....

Bill's car is not an XKR 75 since it has the Jaguar Heritage logo sill plates and Vulcan style wheels, and not the XKR 75 sill plates and Vortex wheels as mentioned in the above article. This is the Vortex design:

Billxkr (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 07:53 PM

Hi Stuart S

What you said makes sense to me. Not and XKR 75. Thank you so much for your research efforts.

Bill

Old 12-08-2017, 09:11 PM
Received 4,435 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Interesting car!

That Heritage treadplate is an original part.

Is this an XKR 'Ian Callum Special'-pv10581g.png

They were originally fitted to a limited run of 50x XK's, along with the Heritage headrests, the E-Type Celibration models.

Bill if you can send me a PM with the full VIN of the car, I'll see what I can find out.

The following 4 users liked this post by Cambo:
Billxkr (12-08-2017), mosesbotbol (12-29-2017), Queen and Country (12-08-2017), winstonsalemncxk (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 09:13 PM
Veteran Member

Glad to help. Actually, I spent very little time coming up with my replies since I wrote to Jaguar North America Customer Service about the production numbers of my XKR and the Vortex wheel is my favorite design. The longer you're active on the Forum the more knowledge you'll accumulate. And the more you know about your car, the more you'll enjoy it.

Billxkr (12-08-2017)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is this an XKR 'Ian Callum Special'