Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   "Are you a celebrity or something??" (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/you-celebrity-something-60219/)

sandydlc 09-03-2011 11:46 AM

"Are you a celebrity or something??"

This was the question asked by a guy next to me while waiting at a stop light. Worst pick up line ever!!

I know that I was warned, but I swear that I have gotten more attention in my XKR than any car I've owned in the past. Random guys will drive by me and scream "nice ride!!" as they pass by. I had an older guy at a gas station say that me and my car would look great driving with him to Spokane (Eastern Washington). Okay, that one was creepy but seriously!! It's just crazy how much attention these cars attract. It's a good thing that my husband and I have a great relationship or I could see us having issues!! ;)

We're driving down to Portland for the weekend (first Jag road trip!!). I can't wait to see how it handles on a long drive.

Sandy

Cigar Guy 09-03-2011 12:06 PM

Enjoy!......this gives me an idea for a new thread!.....worst pick-up lines ever....lol

Cadillac 09-04-2011 03:25 AM

LOL, if I ever buy an Aston Martin DBS and someone says "hey, are you james bond or you drive bond's car" my answer is ready : "No, James Bond drives my car " Hmmmm I like that response lol

rscultho 09-05-2011 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by sandydlc (Post 400288)
This was the question asked by a guy next to me while waiting at a stop light. Worst pick up line ever!!

I know that I was warned, but I swear that I have gotten more attention in my XKR than any car I've owned in the past. Random guys will drive by me and scream "nice ride!!" as they pass by. I had an older guy at a gas station say that me and my car would look great driving with him to Spokane (Eastern Washington). Okay, that one was creepy but seriously!! It's just crazy how much attention these cars attract. It's a good thing that my husband and I have a great relationship or I could see us having issues!! ;)

We're driving down to Portland for the weekend (first Jag road trip!!). I can't wait to see how it handles on a long drive.

Sandy

Sandy, you must be a parking ticket...

rscultho 09-06-2011 12:10 PM

Ok, well I was hopiing Sandy would respond with, "Why - why do you say that?"

And then I would respond, "Because you have FINE written all over you".

Yes, my attempt at humor :)

sandydlc 09-06-2011 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by rscultho (Post 401421)
Ok, well I was hopiing Sandy would respond with, "Why - why do you say that?"

And then I would respond, "Because you have FINE written all over you".

Yes, my attempt at humor :)

I was so confused!! Thanks for clearing that up! :)

Sandy

JimC64 09-06-2011 07:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 169832

Hey Sandy....it is a beautiful ride and of course, its a Jaaaaag.:icon_razz:

I'm sure you'll become used to the attetion after a while...