Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   Autumn 2021 Owners Meetup at Wayne's Home Shop.... (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/autumn-2021-owners-meetup-waynes-home-shop-243474/)

Jon89 02-26-2021 02:11 PM

Autumn 2021 Owners Meetup at Wayne's Home Shop....

About this time last year, some of us were discussing getting together at Wayne's (cjd777) home shop in Spencer, NC for a big Jaguar meet-and-greet and then heading over to one of the local BBQ joints to take over the place for a big luncheon celebration. Obviously, the Covid-19 pandemic put a quick end to those plans before we could even get them off the ground....

Wayne and I have recently discussed reviving this idea for the October/November 2021 timeframe when the weather is at its most gorgeous here in central North Carolina. All of us should be fully vaccinated by then so we should be able to safely pull this off at that time. This may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for quite a few of us who have gotten to know each other here on the forum to actually get together in the same location, swap stories, and celebrate our cars along with our friendships with a great North Carolina delicacy....

Those of you who are interested in making the trip to Wayne's home shop, please chime in here so we can start looking at some dates....

STLTHMSTA 02-26-2021 04:48 PM

That would be awesome. I would drive down from Ohio if the timing is right, meaning.......if the rest of my life doesn't interfere. I think it would great to meet some of the folks that have saved me a bunch of mola fixing a few things and educated the heck out me on others. Aaaaaaaaand, I like BBQ!

Hi my name is Tom (hi tom) and I'm a Jagaholic

crbass 02-26-2021 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jon89 (Post 2358699)
About this time last year, some of us were discussing getting together at Wayne's (cjd777) home shop in Spencer, NC for a big Jaguar meet-and-greet and then heading over to one of the local BBQ joints to take over the place for a big luncheon celebration. Obviously, the Covid-19 pandemic put a quick end to those plans before we could even get them off the ground....

Wayne and I have recently discussed reviving this idea for the October/November 2021 timeframe when the weather is at its most gorgeous here in central North Carolina. All of us should be fully vaccinated by then so we should be able to safely pull this off at that time. This may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for quite a few of us who have gotten to know each other here on the forum to actually get together in the same location, swap stories, and celebrate our cars along with our friendships with a great North Carolina delicacy....

Those of you who are interested in making the trip to Wayne's home shop, please chime in here so we can start looking at some dates....

I'm in.

MickeyR 02-27-2021 04:52 AM

What a great idea! We'd love to hook up.

Mickey

Jon89 02-27-2021 07:04 AM

We're off to a good start guys. As more folks check the forum this weekend, I expect several other long-time owners to chime in. And hopefully some of our newer members will be interested as well....

I know Reverend Sam sold his 2003 XK8 years ago but I believe he purchased a 2010 XK within the past year or so. I will make sure he gets invited. As far as I know he still lives here in North Carolina. His DIY videos are legendary and I have always appreciated his rather unconventional sense of humor....

BobRoy 02-27-2021 08:32 AM

Jon,
Great idea with this get together.
I was planning to be in NC early summer for a few weeks. I don't know what my schedule will be that far out but I will be there if at all possible.

Jon89 02-27-2021 09:55 AM

Reverend Sam will do his best to join us if his schedule permits....

sklimii 02-27-2021 10:04 AM

I'd consider the drive up from Summerville - about a 3.5 hr trip

Norri 02-27-2021 10:16 AM

Pencil me in as a maybe, I'm scheduled to be in South Carolina around that time so it may work out.
No Jag though. :icon_cry:

bcprice36 02-27-2021 10:53 AM

You Guys have a "heck of a time"! I'll have to Pass! Looks like fun.....

Billy Clyde @ Cinco Ranch

femacon 02-27-2021 12:08 PM

tentative Im in if dates line up

Reverend Sam 02-27-2021 01:12 PM

I only live about two hours from there, so I'd be a fool not to go! Count me in.

For those of you unfamiliar with the area, the North Carolina Transportation Museum is just down the road. I plan on bringing my wife to the meetup and afterwards we'll visit the museum. It's in an old train yard so there is lots of train stuff, and antique cars and tractors, and even airplanes. They give rides on one of the trains.

Jon89 02-27-2021 02:49 PM

Wayne and I are discussing making a group visit to the North Carolina Transportation Museum that Sam references above part of our Jaguar meetup plan after we all gather and enjoy lunch at one of the local BBQ joints. The museum campus is literally a one-minute drive from Wayne's home so the convenience factor couldn't be better. It is still home to one of the largest train maintenance turntables in the country. Stay tuned for more details....

Shoreguy 02-27-2021 03:39 PM

Hey Jon you know you would hear from me. You and I were talking about this last spring. It sounded like a great idea then and now sounds even better. It's a 3+ hour drive for me from North Myrtle Beach but, I don't see a reason not to come and hang out. Keep me posted and let me know what you're thinking.

Cheers!

Andrew

Jlampars 02-28-2021 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jon89 (Post 2358699)

I would definitely consider coming down from Canada! Maybe turn it into a nice little golf vacation!

cjd777 02-28-2021 11:39 AM

Come on down, a day early and we can get in a fun time at the Crescent, nice lay out and fast greens.
Well, any time you are this way is fine, going to or from Myrtle Beach.

Jlampars 02-28-2021 12:18 PM

Thanks for the kind offer. How far is it to Myrtle?

Shoreguy 02-28-2021 01:33 PM

Wayne maybe we can put together a foursome or two for the day before. Don't love the thought of up and back in the same day I would stay over 1 night.

Cheers!

Andrew

cjd777 02-28-2021 03:26 PM

Myrtle, at a not in a hurry pace 3 hours and 45 minutes to North. Downtown about 4 hours.
From this area. Get to HWY 74 and you have choices all the way on where you want to make a right. Hwy 38 through Bennettsfield is about 30 miles and then 4 lane all the way to 501 into the beach at downtown.
North Myrtle, just keep going to Tabor City down to Hwy 9, straight shot into Cherry Grove (Shag Capital of the world).
Now there are lots Freeways to get off Hwy 17 or the bypass. travelling between north and south area.

Dr. D 02-28-2021 05:01 PM

We are only about an hour away, so definitely count us in. There are only 3 words for my golf game. PIT TEE FULL. I am thinking about taking lessons just to get by socially. Looking forward to seeing everyone.