Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   AUX input info. going mad. (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/aux-input-info-going-mad-82280/)

Blue XK 10-08-2012 04:59 PM

AUX input info. going mad.

Hello, I have spent the night digging around trying to find a way of getting the music from my Ipod and out of my speakers.
There are many references to the butcher your CD changer method, and an artical on how to interface via a AI net cable, sadly the critical pictures are missing.

I seem to be missing the bit about how to actually interface into the stereo, none of the threads seem to have the wiring diagrams or any mod instructions. I cant seem to find anybody that does an interface cable either.
I have tried the tape method, and have an FM modulator however both of these have given sub par results :(

Is there an easy way to get my music flowing?

Thanks in advance

Blue

WhiteXKR 10-08-2012 05:03 PM

What model year is your Coupe?

Blue XK 10-09-2012 07:29 AM

Hi, it's a 1999 with the uprated HK system.
Thanks

dennisw 10-09-2012 09:05 AM

I use a cassette adapter wire into my ipod works 100%
fm modulater is a no go

androulakis 10-09-2012 12:37 PM

Hack an AI net cable extension and put it between the amp and the CD changer. Works perfectly, AND leaves the car and CD changer unmodified.

Let me find my post on it.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...llation-80819/

here u go, scroll down to the end.

Take care,

George

Blue XK 10-28-2012 10:25 AM

Just a quick update, I couldn't find and AI net cable extension so I tapped into the CD changer, I tagged the phono leads onto the back of the multi connector in the changer. I can still use the CD changer and now play my Ipod :)

In total I suppose it took around a couple of hours to complete. Routing the cable from the boot to the centre console was a doddle, remove the seat back, feed the cable through the gromet with the other cables, then under the seat base, along the side of the centre console and popped it up through one of the holes for the phone.

Thanks to all for your help and advice.

:)

bronto 10-28-2012 10:20 PM

Just curious - did you use a cable similar to the 20-ft. stereo headphone cable to splice into the phono leads and does the ipod/iphone override the cd changer?

lilfreddie 10-31-2012 08:21 AM

I was planning on doing some type of Aux in/ bluetooth adapter then I had a revelation. What if they had a Bluetooth receiver made into a cassette adapter viola! So far the sake of it i typed this crazy idea into Ebay and guess what!

Bluetooth Cassette Adapter | eBay

JSC 10-31-2012 09:32 AM

I have a cassette adapter (no bluetooth) with a slot for a SD Card, but the cassette can also act as a MP3 player on its own. It is similar to the one on ebay by lilfreddie but was under $10, but it is not as sophisticated! Works perfect for me without changing a single thing on the car, and the sound quality is reasonable.

I prefer my mp3's on SD Cards, since I have multiple mp3 players with SD slots, and I can use Windows Explorer to copy my music. I don't need Windows Media Player or iTunes.

SeismicGuy 10-31-2012 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by lilfreddie (Post 611583)
I was planning on doing some type of Aux in/ bluetooth adapter then I had a revelation. What if they had a Bluetooth receiver made into a cassette adapter viola! So far the sake of it i typed this crazy idea into Ebay and guess what!

Bluetooth Cassette Adapter | eBay

I was also considering something like this. I am not in the car for hours at a time, nor am I an audiophile. So would something like this serve adequately and simply to play Pandora from my SmartPhone into the car audio and also enable me to send and receive calls via the car audio?

Thanks,

Doug