Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   Back from the Recently Deceased (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/back-recently-deceased-216927/)

03 XKR 04-26-2019 11:40 AM

Back from the Recently Deceased

So close I was literally dreaming of dead relatives, which is not too weird, but instead of never actually being able to catch up to them in dreams, they were now getting close enough to talk to and interact with which was very scary. I had developed a bad infection, under a crowned molar but not in the bloodstream, so tests came back negative for infection until it was almost too late. I had been screaming to doctors that I had an infection, yet they failed to act because their evidence did not support an infection.

This was combined with a Spinal Subluxation which is a "significant structural displacement" of the spine, however, this was in my neck, cutting off communication from my brain to my body compressing my spinal cord at a minimum of nine different locations in my neck. Basically, major bodily functions ceased...I was dying quick and doctors had no idea what was wrong. I had lost the capacity to think, speak or express my thoughts in a coherent manner; this went on for almost a year and a half.

The infection made itself known by erupting through the side of my jaw and after a round of 4000 mg of Augmentin twice a day for nearly a month, the infection subsided, but the other problems did not. With the infection under control, I realized my neck still hurt and sought out my old Chiropractor, and through months of adjustments I finally started getting better. My Chiropractor told me he was amazed that I was still conscience and able to communicate albeit at a pre-school level due to the Anomic Aphasia I was suffering which is a loss of the ability to name objects and recall words. Those with Anomic Aphasia often substitute circumlocutions (“work-arounds”) to express the forgotten word.

So, it would seem that the nightmare is finally over, and I am ready to work on, and drive my car again.

mhminnich 04-26-2019 02:51 PM

Speechless, but thankful to hear that you've made it back from the brink

rothwell 04-26-2019 03:28 PM

Damn! I was expecting to read a car resurrection story, not a person resurrection story. :icon_saywhat:

Here's to your continued longevity...and to antibiotics! :icon_toast:

sklimii 04-26-2019 07:59 PM

ouch - glad you have made a significant recovery and to your continued improvement to full health!!

DavidYau 04-26-2019 10:42 PM

Geez! I thought it was a reference to Easter

I thought this thread may be a reference to an Easter coincidence about raising an XK8 back onto the road.

That was some story about getting a serious blood infection from a tooth job.

Glad you’re ok now.

XKR-DAY 04-27-2019 02:00 AM

Glad to hear your back on track.
And in the XKR..........................

CorStevens 04-27-2019 09:36 AM

welcome back fellow traveler. our hearts and our homes are open to your next journeys. although my particular near end and challenge differ, i know what it is to live on the brink and come back. one is never the same in a good way.