XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Conversion from nav to gauges

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 10:53 AM
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Conversion from nav to gauges

In process now, found a nice center dash panel and 3 gauge unit from a local source parting out a sad looking former beauty. Mounted up easily, looks like I want it to. Now to order up the wiring harness add-on I found through this forum...thank you all for this great resource.

I'll keep y'all up on the progress, though will be a couple of weeks on, have some fun travel plans in store for the near term.

Any tips, in the meantime, things to avoid or make sure I do?

Old 10-17-2015, 04:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 676 Likes on 550 Posts

While you're making the swap, I strongly recommend adding the RealGauge option. It will make those new gauges actually useful and not just decorative.

Be careful on the various plastic connectors. They are brittle by now and love to break. Also the clips holding the center panel can be sharp.

Great upgrade IMHO.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnham
In process now, found a nice center dash panel and 3 gauge unit from a local source parting out a sad looking former beauty. Mounted up easily, looks like I want it to. Now to order up the wiring harness add-on I found through this forum...thank you all for this great resource.

I'll keep y'all up on the progress, though will be a couple of weeks on, have some fun travel plans in store for the near term.

Any tips, in the meantime, things to avoid or make sure I do?
The instructions are pretty thorough, but be sure to remember to disconnect the battery first. Also, if you happen to be color blind, get a helper to work with you who is not.

If you have any questions during the process, I am usually available by email for a quick response.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:09 PM

Thanks very much! One question...I am fully on board with the Real Gauge option, but try to meter my expenditures to a degree . If I go with the "decorative" level initially, may I easily add the Real Gauge unit at a near future point in time?

Old 10-19-2015, 10:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnham
Thanks very much! One question...I am fully on board with the Real Gauge option, but try to meter my expenditures to a degree . If I go with the "decorative" level initially, may I easily add the Real Gauge unit at a near future point in time?
Sure. If you look on my website on the Nav to 3-gauge page and scroll down, you will see there is a 'Conversion Package 2" with a $20 discount for the combined package. I'll honor the discount at a later date if you send me a message when you are ready to buy RealGauge.

Last edited by WhiteXKR; 10-19-2015 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:35 PM

Thanks very much.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:35 PM

I'm happy to report that my "stage one" part of this project is complete and White XKR's kit was both easy to install and worked flawlessly first go. I love the esthetics of the change from obsolete navigation system to classic three gauge cluster.

Soon enough, as other expenditures find their places, I'll upgrade to RealGauge for both temp and oil pressure.

Thanks, Steve. Fine product, indeed.

The following users liked this post:
WhiteXKR (11-15-2015)