XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new owner-issue #1

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new owner-issue #1

I noticed that the remote wasn't working, so I replaced the battery. The store confirmed that the batt was dead. Feeling like I would now have a working remote! Nothing worked when I tried locking/unlocking. I did manage to set the alarm off buy pressing something or combination of. Since the alarm went off, shouldn't the other buttons work? No? Solution, new remote?

ss

Old 02-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

How close is the nearest dealer? Do you have an owners manual? I remember I had an extra fob and wanted it programed to the car I had to take it to the dealer. But it was a sequence that they performed by the steering ing column. On my 99 xl8 the are a series of perforations around the ignition that they held the fob next to so it could learn the code from the car. At least that is what I remember. Did you check the FAQ'S to see if there is a sequence to reprogram?

Old 02-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...93&postcount=2

I think this is the right one. Give it a try.

The following users liked this post:
sparkshaneman (02-11-2011)
Old 02-12-2011, 04:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought new key fobs off ebay and programed both of them myself with info off Jaguars Forums, I can't remember right now if its the one that Friarshuck posted but I know for a fact that you don't need to go to a dealer to buy key fobs or program a 2002 XK8 Convertible. There is so much great info on this Forum. Good Luck and enjoy your new jag.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I noticed that you said you replaced the battery. As in one battery. The remote takes two batteriies. Thay are stacked. I have never seen this kind of battery stacked like this. It would be great if something this simple fixed your problem.