Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   In an effort to fix my P0455 code (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/effort-fix-my-p0455-code-137854/)

zidjan 02-28-2015 11:26 AM

In an effort to fix my P0455 code

3 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

It's me again, I am learning my new car patiently and I have the code P0455 when I purchased the car. So after researching thru this forum, I ordered the LJB1515AB valve replacement parts from Terry's Jag. I tried to replace the Valve last night with the help of Rev Sam video. However, I was surprised to see that the two parts are completely different. Is it supposed to be different shaped? Then I saw the part that I got says Jaguar LNC1515AA on the sticker and says LNC1515AB on the body of the valve...am i missing something here?

Did they just sent me the wrong part?

zidjan 02-28-2015 10:26 PM

anyone? nothing?

GGG 03-01-2015 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by zidjan (Post 1172783)
...am i missing something here?

Model and Year details on your vehicle could help some of the 287 viewers of this post to offer relevant advice ........

Graham

zidjan 03-01-2015 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by GGG (Post 1173236)
Model and Year details on your vehicle could help some of the 287 viewers of this post to offer relevant advice ........

Graham

Oops of course, its a 2005 xk8 with 36k miles.

clyons 03-01-2015 09:02 AM

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but the first picture (with Denso label) appears to be a purge valve for an X-Type, the other pictures appear to be the correct valve for XK8/XKRs.

zidjan 03-01-2015 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by clyons (Post 1173389)
I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but the first picture (with Denso label) appears to be a purge valve for an X-Type, the other pictures appear to be the correct valve for XK8/XKRs.

Hi Clyons, the one that I pulled out from my car is the one on the picture, that's why I was puzzled....the second picture was the one i ordered...so the one on the second picture is actually the correct part?

clyons 03-01-2015 11:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Again, the first picture appears to be for an X-Type. How it got on your car, I have no idea.

zidjan 03-01-2015 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by clyons (Post 1173535)
Again, the first picture appears to be for an X-Type. How it got on your car, I have no idea.

OMG, the whole system is different in my car.... the mounting and brackets looks like the one from the X-type... I wonder if anyone else has any other explanation how could I have a completely different emission system in my car than the diagram.

cjd777 03-01-2015 01:02 PM

It's going to be interesting how this plays out. Keep us up to date.

Wayne

zidjan 03-01-2015 02:30 PM

If u watch the video posted by reverend sam, his xk8 has the same exact system I have...so..this is very puzzling. ...I'll have to go to the dealership to find out what's going on.

zidjan 03-02-2015 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

So I haven't been to the dealership yet in hope to figure this out, why me and Reverend Sam have a different type of emission system that looks like to be an X-type emission system without the charcoal canister and a Denso purge valve. So this is a screen capture from Sam's video...it can't be a coincidence that only two of us has similar emission system than the rest....hopefully some of you that had replaced your purge valve can verify or explain this.

clyons 03-02-2015 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've just watched the video posted by reverend sam and it sure shows the Denso valve. I looked through the excellent SNG catalog and it doesn't show that system at all.

The attached area from the workshop manual also shows the Denso valve, but no part number.

The online parts suppliers search by description shows the other valve (which does show up in the XJ8 shop manual). All google searches for variants of the Denso part number show uses for X-Type or S-Type only.

This is very strange - I'm sorry if I've misled you. I have no experience with this system (yet) and will be very interested in what you find.

jimforrest (uk) 03-02-2015 11:06 AM

Is this difference a result of 'local emissions legislation'? We Brits find it difficult to understand how a country (NA) can have States with vastly differing laws in operation. In the UK (which is about as big as your backyard!), one law covers all.

I also wonder if all this kit is fitted to UK cars?

brgjag 03-02-2015 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by jimforrest (uk) (Post 1174202)
Is this difference a result of 'local emissions legislation'? We Brits find it difficult to understand how a country (NA) can have States with vastly differing laws in operation. In the UK (which is about as big as your backyard!), one law covers all.

I also wonder if all this kit is fitted to UK cars?

Hell depending where you live here in the states the GAS blends change in winter and summer.
The local emissions state to state vary based on many factors, how large cities are in states, some states being mostly rural, politics, BS, etc.

zidjan 03-02-2015 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by clyons (Post 1174201)
I've just watched the video posted by reverend sam and it sure shows the Denso valve. I looked through the excellent SNG catalog and it doesn't show that system at all.

The attached area from the workshop manual also shows the Denso valve, but no part number.

The online parts suppliers search by description shows the other valve (which does show up in the XJ8 shop manual). All google searches for variants of the Denso part number show uses for X-Type or S-Type only.

This is very strange - I'm sorry if I've misled you. I have no experience with this system (yet) and will be very interested in what you find.

Hi Craig, no worries, yeah I looked thru every catalog and the dealership was baffled as well....because their system also shows the one that you showed me.....and every supplier they called all refers to the part that I purchased as well.......so everyone is baffled....so I ended up making an appointment with them to isolate that in fact the purge valve is at fault not hoses and etc...the only person who can shine some light to this is Reverend Sam...because he did the work...so I'll update this thread on Thursday.

oyster 03-02-2015 03:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi.

At least three different systems.

zidjan 03-02-2015 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by oyster (Post 1174390)
Hi.

At least three different systems.

Hey Oyster, make that 4 ... I have verified that some of our XK8 have the same system as the X-type or XJ8 so...on it's very Vin specific, if anyone of you have last 6 vin no "A40239" and above, you will have the emission system similar to the X-type and will need the Denso part.