Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   Favorite color combos? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/favorite-color-combos-93146/)

giandanielxk8 04-06-2013 11:00 PM

Favorite color combos?

What are your interior/exterior favorite color combos on our XK8/Rs? How about on any car?

I haven't seen the color palette that was available for our cars, so I'll just say what I like. What were the available colors?

On our Jagggs I have a predilection towards a black (anthracite) exterior or a BRG one. As for the interior, I prefer Ivory over my current black, which I also find lovely.

My dad used to have a silver XK with a slate blue/ivory interior. I found the interior to be unique and I would love such an interior. I just don't know what exterior color other than silver matches it best.

I also like the black and terracota color combo I've seen on some Porsche interiors, and I guess that would look good with most colors.

On a white sports car, I think a red/black or red/white interior would look nice.

When it comes to Ferrari's I'm partial to the rosso corsa exterior but I can't decide on an appropriate interior that's not black or tan.

xenophobe 04-06-2013 11:06 PM

Triple Black. More specifically, Ebony...

I also love Audi grey for exteriors. Someone here has a custom paint XK in Pewter that looks amazing.

The grey leather interiors look great, but they're kinda generic and don't wear well.

As for anything else, I may like more or less, but I prefer pure non-metallic black the best. The non-metallic grey Audi color almost made me buy one. I'm fairly certain if I would have purchased a Audi S5 convertible, I would have been happy with that, but I love my XKR and have no regrets...

I also like pure white exterior paint as well... I guess I'm a glutton for punishment because I like the colors that are hardest to keep clean...

XKRacer 04-07-2013 02:44 AM

Salsa red exterior with 2 tone cranberry and black Recaros

Frog 04-07-2013 02:50 AM

Almost any exterior colour, but interiors have to be as light as possible (i.e. ivory), otherwise it's like sitting in a pillbox.

panastas 04-07-2013 03:26 AM

I love black interior with white contrast stitching, however I think it works well only with the CF panels and perhaps the bird's eye veneer.

Silver or grey exterior

Gippsland 04-07-2013 04:44 AM

I searched to find the best Jag in my price range providing it was
Anthracite with Ivory. That was it. That or nothing.

TheBaltimoron 04-07-2013 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by giandanielxk8 (Post 712646)
On our Jagggs I have a predilection towards a black (anthracite) exterior or a BRG one.

Agreed. When I was looking, BRG was my first instinct, especially on this model. I'd love to have a car in flat black. But, I ended up going with a chameleon paint job--why choose one?

david i 04-07-2013 07:52 AM

B....R....G...

With whatever the tan interior is called.

Of course I'm biased

regards

-d

Jacsun 04-07-2013 08:24 AM

Sapphire Blue, Black top, white interior would be the dream scheme for me. Jac

Jag#4 04-07-2013 10:14 AM

The ice blue (zircon?) for me with an ivory interior. However, I am very happy with my Pacific Blue & Ivory. My dark blue would look good with tan leather as well.

Jaguar's Primrose Yellow with tan Connolly hides would be nice if I could afford an E-type again.

lorwood 04-07-2013 10:21 AM

The only color any British motor carriage should be

British racing green with a saddle interior.

But of course I am bias.

MRomanik 04-07-2013 10:24 AM

Favorite is BRG & tan

sklimii 04-07-2013 10:54 AM

while I do like the brg with tan or camel interior, all time fav is a dark blue with white - thus found the right combo with my sapphire and ivory

tberg 04-07-2013 01:40 PM

Interior has to be black or ebony (whatever they call it), because the oatmeal dyes crack on every light colored Jaguar I have ever seen including my XK8. 118K miles on my XKR black interior, no cracks. Exterior, I obviously love Cardinal Red (lt burgundy), think Phoenix and Salsa Reds are hot, adore both the navy and the bright royal blues, and what's not to like about basic black or silver. In fact, I like every deep color including that sort of cognac color and the charcoal. I am not as crazy about white or champagne. The light silvery blue can also be quite nice.

SeismicGuy 04-07-2013 02:10 PM

What looks very sharp on these cars is the Salsa Red exterior and I suppose either the black or oatmeal interior would look good. I have only seen one Salsa Red's in my area.

My next favorite combo is the white exterior with oatmeal interior-I almost bought one like that but I was not fast enough. Another combo I saw and liked when I was shopping around was the darkish metallic blue (Pacific Blue?) with an Ivory interior--very sharp especially with chromed wheels.

I was not really looking to get the combo I ended up with (Quartz/Dove) but it works pretty well.

Doug

steven300 04-07-2013 02:28 PM

it took me 18 months to find a coupe with a black interior,okay so i like black.the outside is black as well.i toyed with painting it fire engine red,but since it was already black and did'nt need much touch up i just saved the viper red for my 62 chrysler 300 conv...steve.

Jon89 04-07-2013 02:39 PM

We've had primarily white exteriors on all of our vehicles for the past 25 years because it holds up best over the long run and is easy to keep clean. It's also the quickest to sell when the time comes. My wife is very happy with her XK8's Cashmere interior, but I would prefer it to be Dove....

Our S-Type has a Quartz exterior with a Dove interior. I like it more and more as the years go by because both the exterior and the interior have held up quite well....

My 1999 Dodge Ram pickup is white with a Katzskin leather kit interior in Charcoal, done in early 2001 shortly after I purchased the truck in late December 2000. It has also held up well....

Paul Pavlik 04-07-2013 03:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hmmmmmm, Let me think........

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...ine=1365366681

badkitty2000 04-07-2013 07:40 PM

I love the new orange color they're showing on the F-type, matches my hair. ;) Right now I am going through a flat black phase. And always black interior, my love of German Shephards and chocolate demand it.

Richboy47 04-07-2013 08:03 PM

Black on black baby