Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   Flooded Engine cylinders (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/flooded-engine-cylinders-154499/)

Rick Vaughn 12-10-2015 06:46 PM

Flooded Engine cylinders

Good evening, my 97 jag lost all compression from fuel drenched cylinders, does anyone know what the cause would be? The last time we removed the spark plugs, injected 15 squirts of oil into each cylinder and started the car, yesterday, I injected 15 squirts of oil and it almost started, I hope someone has experienced this and knows the solution, Thank You

test point 12-10-2015 07:06 PM

Cylinder wash in the early years of the XK8/R was a Jaguar provided feature for a couple years. There are a number of discussions on the subject.

Start here:

JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource

Rick Vaughn 12-10-2015 07:12 PM

Thank You, I did find a thread that expians why it happened and how to start the car again, have a great evening

Mikey 12-10-2015 07:37 PM

The solution is to not start the engine without a plan to let it run for at least a few minutes, preferably longer.

Gus 12-10-2015 07:51 PM

You should add a can of Restore to your oil the next oil change.

Gus
www.jagrepair.com

Originally Posted by Rick Vaughn (Post 1362814)
Thank You, I did find a thread that expians why it happened and how to start the car again, have a great evening

Rick Vaughn 12-11-2015 08:23 AM

Coil Pack Plug in

Thank everyone for the update on my flooded engine problem, I just changed the oil with full synthetic oil, I am now concerned as to gasoline in the crankcase washing out the engine bearings, Gus, you mentioned a can of restore, what will adding this do to help??I am not familar with the additive? Also, I broke one of the coil pack connectors, do any of you have a parts car in the US, so I could purchase a connector? I also could use a complete windshield resevoir? Thanks again

Gus 12-11-2015 10:27 AM

This link will help you better understand the product. It has been used by many on this forum to help prevent cylinder washing.

Link Engine Restorer

Originally Posted by Rick Vaughn (Post 1363021)
Thank everyone for the update on my flooded engine problem, I just changed the oil with full synthetic oil, I am now concerned as to gasoline in the crankcase washing out the engine bearings, Gus, you mentioned a can of restore, what will adding this do to help??I am not familar with the additive? Also, I broke one of the coil pack connectors, do any of you have a parts car in the US, so I could purchase a connector? I also could use a complete windshield resevoir? Thanks again

sklimii 12-11-2015 05:11 PM

Rick - check with Autobahn kid - he is in Florida and has one or 2 he is parting out. He is great to work with