Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   Going to visit the XK production line tomorrow (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/going-visit-xk-production-line-tomorrow-63268/)

Frog 11-09-2011 05:24 AM

Going to visit the XK production line tomorrow

I had already arranged to go to the Classic Car Show in Birmingham (UK) on Friday and phoned the Jaguar Visitor Centre this morning on the off chance they might let me see round the factory, which is only a few miles away. My request was received with open arms!

When I told them I was driving up from France and that I owned a Jag, they said they would wait for me if I was a few minutes late and asked me which model I had. When I told them, they said they would show me the new XK production line.

Wow, I wasn't expecting that :)

I doubt they'll let me take photos, but if they do, I'll be sure to post them.

Norri 11-09-2011 06:00 AM

Enjoy the trip Frog.

Can't you pick up a camera concealed in a carnation for your buttonhole?

mjlaris 11-09-2011 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Norri (Post 427161)
Enjoy the trip Frog.

Can't you pick up a camera concealed in a carnation for your buttonhole?

No, what he needs is the video camera in his glasses like they used in Mission Impossible.

Mark

Frog 11-09-2011 09:22 AM

Lol, I will have my iPhone in my pocket and will try to sneak a quick pic or two, just to 'prove' I was there.

I wonder if they let you help yourself to a free car at the end of the visit?:icon_dance-twist:

The Coupe 11-09-2011 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Frog (Post 427209)
I wonder if they let you help yourself to a free car at the end of the visit?:icon_dance-twist:

The car you've already got is more beautiful than the ones you'll be seeing on the production line. It will be an interesting tour, though...have fun.

Frog 11-09-2011 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by The Coupe (Post 427222)
The car you've already got is more beautiful than the ones you'll be seeing on the production line. It will be an interesting tour, though...have fun.

I agree the X100 is prettier than the new XK, but I know what I'm like and once I've seen a brand new 5 litre version, I'll want it.

OhioXK 11-09-2011 11:17 AM

maybe the 5 liter can be swapped into the X100? ;)

JimC64 11-09-2011 11:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 168737

Cool Frog......ask and thy shall receive as they say...

Have a great day...
Looking forward to the pics :icon_beerchug:

RCSign 11-09-2011 01:03 PM

I watched the show "Speedvision" a few months ago, They did a hour on the XK Assembly plant. What a cool tour. It changes your mind about the car. Have Fun!

Frog 11-09-2011 11:37 PM

Many thanks for your good wishes. I will report back next week, unless my hotel tonight offers free wifi...

jamjax 11-10-2011 04:36 AM

Meet up?

Hey Frog;

I will be picking up my 2003 XKR Convertible, same color as yours, next week in the Richmond, London area and then driving back to France/Geneva area on Sunday Morning Nov. 20th.

Which way are you heading and when?

Maybe we could travel together part of the way.

Which ferry or Chunnel-Train do you recommend?

I seem to recall that the cheapest way across the English Channel is to buy a one day return for cash and toss the return....works out to about a fourth of the price of a regular one way crossing.

I have room in my garage when you dump your coupe for a new
'babe'.....

cheers,

jamjax