Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   Got some new wheels for my xk8... (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/got-some-new-wheels-my-xk8-100733/)

blindside 08-16-2013 07:46 PM

Got some new wheels for my xk8...

8 Attachment(s)
After months of searching and thinking and looking and relooking and thinking some more, I finally did it and got some new wheels for my XK8....

Here are the pics... one before and a bunch after... let me know what you think!

They are Avante Garde M310 wheels for a BMW 5-series... I had the center bore opened from 72.6 to 73.9 and they fit perfectly (almost... because when the car was jacked up, the new wheel just seemed to hit on the suspension "stopper" mounted on the back of the wheel well - the thing that hits if you were to bottom out... the original wheels cleared by maybe a 1/4" and these are right there... I may have to do something about that, but when the car is down there is NO problem... NOW, if I were to go AIRBORNE and the suspension dropped down I might have a problem --- NOTE TO SELF...)

sklimii 08-16-2013 08:05 PM

New ones look nice!

Jacsun 08-16-2013 08:06 PM

Really, really nice. Great move. I am not a big fan of my '01 wheels but am still chewing on what to do about it.

giandanielxk8 08-16-2013 09:06 PM

Nice wheels. I usually don't like aftermarket wheels. I'm still waiting for that unbeknownst millionaire uncle who dies and leaves me a share of his fortune before I can change my wheels. Seems like I'll just have to keep saving. I really want the Apollo wheels tho, my revolvers are really ugly.

philhef 08-16-2013 09:36 PM

NICE!!! I need those in black on my XK8!! At least I don't have the revolver wheels!! Sorry to anyone that has them! They're as bad as the XJS starfish wheels!!
I have seen the revolvers in black metallic and they looked better. Don't hate in chrome either.

rothwell 08-16-2013 10:01 PM

Definitely an improvement. Good choice. :icon_clapclap:

DaveC 08-16-2013 10:03 PM

I kinda like my chrome revolvers. Old school and fit the era. Not to say given the money I wouldn't change.

Sentinelist 08-16-2013 10:03 PM

Looks good- I like that style of wheel. Seen on many late-model 3-Series but it works on yours.

Bad Cattitude 08-16-2013 10:27 PM

Very nice!

enderle 08-16-2013 10:49 PM

Nice choice

They look great!

Jacsun 08-17-2013 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by DaveC (Post 793148)
I kinda like my chrome revolvers. Old school and fit the era. Not to say given the money I wouldn't change.

Love the chrome Revolvers! If they made 18" that is what I would probably get. Had them on my blue '97. The car glistened like ice at night under lights in parking lots.

Jeff in Tucson 08-17-2013 10:50 AM

Great looking!

tberg 08-18-2013 01:26 AM

Great understated look, I have looked at these myself. Good choice.

DevSpider 08-19-2013 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by blindside (Post 793056)
After months of searching and thinking and looking and relooking and thinking some more, I finally did it and got some new wheels for my XK8....

Here are the pics... one before and a bunch after... let me know what you think!

They are Avante Garde M310 wheels for a BMW 5-series... I had the center bore opened from 72.6 to 73.9 and they fit perfectly (almost... because when the car was jacked up, the new wheel just seemed to hit on the suspension "stopper" mounted on the back of the wheel well - the thing that hits if you were to bottom out... the original wheels cleared by maybe a 1/4" and these are right there... I may have to do something about that, but when the car is down there is NO problem... NOW, if I were to go AIRBORNE and the suspension dropped down I might have a problem --- NOTE TO SELF...)

N I C E. wheels. Your car now has a more aggressive stance which IMO looks great. However, the rear of the car seems to be a bit too high, but nothing that lower springs can't fix.

blindside 08-19-2013 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by DevSpider (Post 794846)
N I C E. wheels. Your car now has a more aggressive stance which IMO looks great. However, the rear of the car seems to be a bit too high, but nothing that lower springs can't fix.

Thanks! I know I need to replace my front shock mounts (they are worn but not gone)... once I do that I think the front might come up a little and maybe lower the back at the same time... if not, then I will need to lower it :D