Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   Homelink issue 99 XK8 (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/homelink-issue-99-xk8-52411/)

cheaperts 04-01-2011 08:38 PM

Homelink issue 99 XK8

I've dug and dug but not found anyone with my exact problem:
Can't get the homelink setup, all instructions I've found say hold outer buttons to clear-nothing happens no lightsn at all if I press 1&3 at the same time
And if I try to prgram the overhead, amber light FYI, after prob 60 seconds I get a slow flash, it never speeds up and after 2 minutes just goes off. It seems that the car is not picking up the program.
I really don't want a clicker cluttering my beautiful car! Any thoughts?

H20boy 04-02-2011 02:14 AM

I got the homeliink on mine to program very easy...hold the button down, put the remote opener I'm trying to 'grab' next to it, wait for it to blink, and its programmed. Don't worry about trying to 'clear' anything, just override the button's current frequency.

cheaperts 04-02-2011 07:30 AM

All the literature I have found calls for the homelink unit to flash slowly then rapidly to indicate it's grabbed the remote, but it never speeds up just slow flashing, makes me think it's not ever getting the remote. I know the opener learn sequence. Do you know what the LED on the car should do once it's programed and you push it? Literature says rolling code makes it flash for a second then solid, but it's just solid, again making me think it is not getting the program.

Glenn Barickman 04-02-2011 07:43 AM

Mine took a very long time to program. 60 sec or longer. You have to hold one home link button and the trans. button at the same time. It finally speed up. Then you have to link the car to the opener. In my garage I have one old (10 years) opener and one new one about 2 years old. They have different color program button. I linked the left button of the car to one and the right button to the other.
Good Luck

cheaperts 04-02-2011 08:04 AM

but thats the prob, I've held them for probably 2 minutes, slow flashing and then the car finally just stopped and when off.......Patience is apparently important with these cars I'm learning!

Paul Pavlik 04-02-2011 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by cheaperts (Post 330462)
but thats the prob, I've held them for probably 2 minutes, slow flashing and then the car finally just stopped and when off.......Patience is apparently important with these cars I'm learning!

I had the same problem. I have 1 non-Rolling code opener that picked up the code immediately.

However, I have 1 Rolling Code opener that Never did flash indicating pickup. This happened on several tries. However, on about the 6th try, it actually DID pick up the code (but did not flash). I then was able to continue with the process of programming the Opener using instructions included with it.