Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   Interior Light will not go out!! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/interior-light-will-not-go-out-69718/)

nilocp 03-12-2012 03:20 PM

Interior Light will not go out!!

Just been out for a run and the interior light will not go out! Also says drivers door open, which it isnt.

Now got home, when I shut the drivers door the window does not go up and it will not lock.

I guess this is a switch problem?
Which one, and where is it please???

Need to lock the car

Colin

WhiteXKR 03-12-2012 03:30 PM

It is in the door latch mechansim in the door. See Gus's writeup here: JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource

There is also a youtube video out there on removing the interior door panel if you need it.

nilocp 03-12-2012 05:15 PM

Bugger!! I am not going to mend that tonight am I???

WhiteXKR 03-12-2012 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by nilocp (Post 482070)
Bugger!! I am not going to mend that tonight am I???

Chain and padlock tonight?:icon_gunhead:

nilocp 03-13-2012 05:48 PM

I have read Gus's blog but do not understand if I can replace the micro switch. Any ideas anyone?

H20boy 03-13-2012 09:51 PM

You could try the 'clean and bend' approach on your existing switch if you want to try that. :) I think there have been replacement success in other threads.

nilocp 03-17-2012 11:37 AM

Well I got a Jaguar replacement micro switch, despite the fact that Jaguar do not show it on the parts list!! Got the latch out as per Gus's instructions, but I have put the following note on Youtube.

Tip. Remove the exterior door handle, 2 nuts with a 7mm spanner, this removes the steel plate, then the link rod with the plastic end can be unhooked from the key lock. The white plastic part is only available with a latch. So if you break the tags off, then you will need a new latch at lots of pounds!! To get the latch out of the door, I removed the plastic shroud. 1 Phillips screw and then lever off. The cable can then be removed from the latch, and the latch will fly out of the top hole.

This means you do not need to break the white plastic clip thing, which is not available except on the latch.

So all back together. Reset the windows, warning light and interior light now out.

BUT NOW THE DOOR WILL NOT LOCK WITH THE KEY FOB!!!!! Also the passenger window and mirror controls on the drivers door now do not work. It is only a multi plug. I cannot have got that wrong! If I lock the door with the key, passenger door does not lock, and the alarm goes off.

So does something else apart from the windows need resetting?

I really do hate modern cars. I should stick to my classics!!

icepharoah06 10-13-2012 06:56 PM

I am in the same situation right now. Should I just purchase another locking mechanism from a salvage yard or just get the micro-switches? Which would be the easier fix?