Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   It's a Christmas Mirrrracle!! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/its-christmas-mirrrracle-155143/)

mrplow58 12-25-2015 07:25 AM

It's a Christmas Mirrrracle!!

After 9 months of replacing every circuit that the ABS control unit told me to, and soldering connections that every forum, self help, off the wall site told me to, I finally sent the ABS control unit to a repair facility.

The unit was delivered to my door step, just as I was heading out to church on Christmas eve. Sad to say, I was not giving the Christmas story the complete attention it deserved, while I sat in the pew. All I could hear was Sally the X Type calling me from the parking lot, telling me that we needed to get home, and fix her fellow brothel mate, Molly the XK8.

There I was, sitting at the front of the church, because I can't hear so good anymore, being looked at by my priest, like the old dago knew what was going through my head. I was buggered. By the time he was through telling the story of my Lord's birth, I am pretty sure Jesus graduated from Notre Dame, and played tight end for the Fightin Irish, takin them to the championship for the first time in this century......I get the same sort of punishment during confession......

Then it happened.......The Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost, and I was following that crazy priest out to the door, almost climbing over him. I could hardly wait to get home.........ZOOOOOOOOOM....to the house. I opened up the envelope from SIA electronics, in Tilden, IL, and installed the control unit, in under 5 minutes. It had been on and off so many times, that the brake lines were bent for speed of installation.

I fired her up, and cleared all the codes, that started to appear in the last few weeks, that seemingly had nothing to do with the ABS. The ABS, Traction Control, Brake, all of them were gone. Now for the road test.

I felt such shame, in doing this without my wife's permission, but when I saw her new pink Tennis shoes last week, it somehow made things OK. She was taking a nap, so she would be fresh, while playing organ at midnight mass. I made two 10 minute trips, even getting the ABS to engage once or twice, while she was passed out. I was just so excited.

She left to play for Church at 23:30, and a few more trips took place. Now here I am writing to you at 07:00 having put another couple of trips on Molly, after feeding the critters, and my wife is still sleeping. I have tears running down my face.......it is indeed a Christmas miracle......My 99 XK8 with no warning or code lights on at all.......Have a great Christmas everyone........Mike:icon_rain::icon_tree:

RSsteveH 12-25-2015 07:30 AM

Ha ha great yuletide story.

cjd777 12-25-2015 09:02 AM

IT'S ALIVE, IT'S ALIVE.
Well done and enjoy.

Wayne

DevonDavid 12-25-2015 09:35 AM

Mike. Great story .... thanks !!

If I send you a few gallons of half-decent water, any chance you can get it turned into a palatable Chateau Lafitte '47 Burgundy ??

jimmiejag 12-25-2015 12:16 PM

Mike,
That's a great yuletide gift for you. Maybe I'll get my ABS fixed in 2016.
Maybe you should carry a small vial of Holy Water in case the brake gremlins try to return.
Oh, and Happy New Year, too.

StuG 12-25-2015 08:49 PM

Thank you Mike, you've restored my faith.

Stu :icon_beerchug:

Chuck Schexnayder 12-25-2015 10:05 PM

AMEN and Bless you my boy, you didn't walk out on his sermon.

Good story and now you can really enjoy Molly. BTW, don't forget the holly water....

Happy New Year----------

Cheers.

Stamford 12-26-2015 10:04 AM

Mike, you got me all teary with that lovely story.

max224 12-26-2015 03:20 PM

It does restore one's faith in Christmas. Wait a minute, I'm Jewish!

mrplow58 12-27-2015 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by max224 (Post 1371129)
It does restore one's faith in Christmas. Wait a minute, I'm Jewish!

That's cool Max........So was Jesus......LOL.....be cool......Mike:icon_beerchug:

DAN L 12-27-2015 04:06 PM

A great christmas story . well done sir.