US Western AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Jaguar Mechanic In Los Angeles?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Jaguar Mechanic In Los Angeles?????

I'm looking for a good jaguar mechanic in los angeles. Anyone know of one? My check engine lights came on with Restricted Performance and yesterday I had green fluid dripping all over inside my car from the top. I need help. I got sick of the dealerships. I'm looking for a good mechanic someone reliable and trustworthy that I can take my jag from now on.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

Where in LA are you? I am in the San Fernando Valley and have scouted out a bunch out here.

Doug

Old 05-07-2010, 03:45 PM

I'm in Glendale. Can you tell me a good place where I can take my car. Thanks so much.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm in the Pasadena area, I would be interested to know as well.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Jag4me

I take my Jag to this Mechanic. You can check him out if you want. He's in Downey off the 105 fwy. His name is Rigo Campos. 562.869.8232 Biz, 562.477.3052 Cell, rigo@downeyjagandlandrover.com, or check out his website www.downeyjagandlandrover.com

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Rafael Garcia

Old 05-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Veteran Member

A guy at Galpin recommended Just Jaguar on Woodman Avenue in Sherman Oaks. There are also several in the Van Nuys area (e.g., Sherman Oaks Exclusive on Van Nuys Boulevard near the 101), Frank McLain on Ventura Boulevard west of the 405). Further west is Bonnet-to-Boot in Encino on Ventura Boulevard just east of White Oak. A bit further west on Ventura there is a European Independent (don't have the name handy now). In Reseda there is a small independent shop (Jaguar Service--Renee is the owner)--his son presumably owns Mina Gallery.

I also know there are some others in the Studio City area but the names escape me now.

In August I will be coming to the end of my SE warranty so I will need to decide also which of these shops to try.

Doug

Old 05-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Default mechanic in Los Angeles/Pasadena

I recommend Bob Cutler Jaguar repair in Pasadena. A small but efficient shop in Pasadena, very knowledgeable and honest. Been there for years.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I am in Manhattan Beach while at work and I am well versed in your concerns. I can and will help. my cell is 562-972-7392
I live in Lakewood and can help you with both concerns at home as well.

lmk

Brian

Old 05-08-2010, 11:22 PM

Thank you guys for your help. Also Brian thank you for your offer to help. I might just give you a call next week. I'm just waiting on my buddy to get back to me so I know what's going on.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Sorry I missed your call. Check your voice mail, I left you a message with my home # on it.

Thanks

Brian

Old 06-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 526 Likes on 371 Posts

Exclusive Jaguar on Pico near the 405. Theyve been around since the 70s. Very honest, capable, and not as pricey as some other places. Plus theyll give you a complimentary ride to/from wherever you want while theyre working on your car. Talk to Robert, he'll help you out.

PS: They have the best coffee machine EVER, AND offer a day spa detailing service for customers for an extremely decent price.

The following users liked this post:
NuJagLuvr (02-21-2016)
Old 09-07-2017, 03:18 PM

Up!
Hi guys! Brian is not answering phone
do you know any other good and reliable mechanics in LA area?

Old 09-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Received 139 Likes on 74 Posts

Prestige Auto Service in Encino on Ventura Blvd. Sako (or is it Saco) is the owner and supposed to be a wiz with Jags. I've not used him. But, he has a good reputation.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 526 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by XJ8JR
Exclusive Jaguar on Pico near the 405. Theyve been around since the 70s. Very honest, capable, and not as pricey as some other places. Plus theyll give you a complimentary ride to/from wherever you want while theyre working on your car. Talk to Robert, he'll help you out.

PS: They have the best coffee machine EVER, AND offer a day spa detailing service for customers for an extremely decent price.
Old thread. Unfortunately, this place got bought out a few years ago but some incompetent moron. Fortunately, that led me to start turning my own wrenches. Sometimes I think I may in fact be one of the best Jag mechanics in the Los Angeles area...and that's not saying much.

Old 02-18-2018, 05:23 PM
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Fellow Los Angeles Jag People, Wanted to update this thread.

Renee in Van Nuys off of Reseda Just North of Sherman Way. I have been using Renee for 6+ years. Renee is very fair on price. But Renee is horrible on time. Every time I drop my car off at Renee's it's gone for at least 10 days. When the convertible top lines needed to be replaced --- 5 weeks. His pricing is fair but the time frame is horrible. And sadly the quality of the work has gone down in the last few years. Every time I drop the car off to fix issue (A) the car comes back with issues (B) and (C) Renee is very good to take care of the new issues, but then I lose the car for a few more weeks, and it seldom comes back perfect.

A year ago I tried Boots to Bonnets. It was run by an older gentleman and his lead mechanic was a young guy named David. David knew his stuff and David did some great work on my car. Unfortunately the older gentleman got ill and Boots to Bonnet closed last fall. David was supposedly working in the same industrial auto park, but he hasn't returned my calls. David was a great Jag mechanic.

I have started tackling alot of mechanical stuff myself. But I really need to find someone with the patience to take care of a bunch of little pain in the butt Xk8 issues.

I need someone to take care of the headrest fix, the steering wheel tilt, etc etc.

And pretty soon I know there will be something big, so I am definitely on the look out for a good Jag Mechanic that someone has personal experience with.

I am in Encino - would prefer to find someone to fix the car close by without going out of the valley.

Dave B

Old 02-19-2018, 02:26 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by o2manyfish
Hi Fellow Los Angeles Jag People, Wanted to update this thread.

Renee in Van Nuys off of Reseda Just North of Sherman Way. I have been using Renee for 6+ years. Renee is very fair on price. But Renee is horrible on time. Every time I drop my car off at Renee's it's gone for at least 10 days. When the convertible top lines needed to be replaced --- 5 weeks. His pricing is fair but the time frame is horrible. And sadly the quality of the work has gone down in the last few years. Every time I drop the car off to fix issue (A) the car comes back with issues (B) and (C) Renee is very good to take care of the new issues, but then I lose the car for a few more weeks, and it seldom comes back perfect.

A year ago I tried Boots to Bonnets. It was run by an older gentleman and his lead mechanic was a young guy named David. David knew his stuff and David did some great work on my car. Unfortunately the older gentleman got ill and Boots to Bonnet closed last fall. David was supposedly working in the same industrial auto park, but he hasn't returned my calls. David was a great Jag mechanic.

I have started tackling alot of mechanical stuff myself. But I really need to find someone with the patience to take care of a bunch of little pain in the butt Xk8 issues.

I need someone to take care of the headrest fix, the steering wheel tilt, etc etc.

And pretty soon I know there will be something big, so I am definitely on the look out for a good Jag Mechanic that someone has personal experience with.

I am in Encino - would prefer to find someone to fix the car close by without going out of the valley.

Dave B
Hey Dave--drive by your house 2 or 3 times a week on the way to work and car still looks great.

I also have used Renee and someone else in the building I work in also regularly uses him (for his Jaguar and also his Porsche). The guy is good and knows his stuff and prices are very fair, but I agree timing can be an issue unless you stay on top of the guy.

Someone here has recommended the place next to Delco Tires near White Oak (Prestige Auto Service) and noted that the owner was "Sako". I know there was also a highly recommended mechanic with the same name in Northridge but not sure if that is the same person.

The other guy in Encino that knows his stuff is McClain at Ventura near Haskell, and Just Jaguar in Sherman Oaks on Woodman is very good but prices are similar to dealer.

Doug

Old 02-19-2018, 07:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,540 Likes on 1,411 Posts

I use Sako's Auto Repair on all three of my Jags as well as all of my other cars. He is on Parthenia St., just west of Reseda Blvd. in Northridge. He has worked extensively on my 2002 XKR which is undergoing a complete restoration including engine rebuild right now at his shop. He did the engine replacement on my 2010 XKR and on the 2002 XJ Sport that we previously had. He is reasonably priced, and I would be happy to meet and introduce personally, anyone who wants to have work done there. He also does body work and paint at his shop. Phone number at the shop is 818 701-7772. Ask for Sako (the owner), himself although he will typically be the one answering the phone. The shop looks like a mess, but he does know what he's doing.

Old 02-19-2018, 07:33 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by tberg
I use Sako's Auto Repair on all three of my Jags as well as all of my other cars. He is on Parthenia St., just west of Reseda Blvd. in Northridge. He has worked extensively on my 2002 XKR which is undergoing a complete restoration including engine rebuild right now at his shop. He did the engine replacement on my 2010 XKR and on the 2002 XJ Sport that we previously had. He is reasonably priced, and I would be happy to meet and introduce personally, anyone who wants to have work done there. He also does body work and paint at his shop. Phone number at the shop is 818 701-7772. Ask for Sako (the owner), himself although he will typically be the one answering the phone. The shop looks like a mess, but he does know what he's doing.
Hey Ted--are the two "Sako's" one and the same?

Old 02-20-2018, 11:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,540 Likes on 1,411 Posts

I don't think so. As far as I know Sako in Northridge, it is his only location. I don't know the other one.

Old 02-21-2018, 04:10 PM
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Couple of things to consider.
The fluid is from the convertible top hydraulics. You will need to replace the complete pipes throughout the car as they cannot be repaired or spliced. You are probably looking at around $2k for that!
Also the fluid leaks down onto the OBD connector by your left knee (US) which might be throwing up those codes. I know because it's happening to me right now! Everything is fine then as soon as I connect the code reader after a minute or two I get about 5 codes which are spurious and the code reader pigtail is wet with the fluid.

Quick Reply: Jaguar Mechanic In Los Angeles?????