XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar XK8 XenonHID's STAGE 3 D1™ Spec Racing Voltage Engine Chip - scam?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Jaguar XK8 XenonHID's STAGE 3 D1™ Spec Racing Voltage Engine Chip - scam?

Saw this randomly on Ebay:

XenonHID's STAGE 3 D1™ Spec Racing Voltage Engine Chip

"This is the world’s best crafted D1™ Stage 3 Performance Voltage Chip Module designed to improve the most critical electrical parts of your truck or car. NO OTHER Stabilizer/Volt Chip has a HIGHER capacity to hold power. Vehicles have a myriad of technologically complicated electronic components all vying for precious power. What this means is that at times power sapping and distortions in the normal operations of your vehicle can occur. This High Performance Racing Stage 3 D1™ Volt Chip will add that extra boost of power when you need it most and has been manufactured in ISO 9001 certified factories. We guarantee an instant transformation you can feel in the following areas:

Engine power improvements of up to 20 or more horsepower and 10 or more torque are immediately felt in your vehicle.
Immediate cold weather starts. Even the newest and most advanced vehicles have trouble starting in cold weather and you no longer have to cross your fingers when in a cold vehicle.
Depending on engine size, you will see a 5% to 10% MPG increase from improved engine idling and improved starts. As gas prices continually are on the rise again, Bellon Performance Volt Chips will pay for themselves.
Boosted Power levels leads to improved lighting from your headlights, tail lights, cabin and any other option packages you have!
Easing the burden on your cars battery and alternator/generator will improve its battery life and functionality allowing for a single battery to last much longer.
The regulated voltage of your vehicle will increase your stereo systems response, Bluetooth technology and Navigational units as well. The D1™ Stage 3 Racing Volt Chip also has a built in static minimizer which eliminates static background noise and enhances your electrical components performance and integrity. Get rid of that electrical buzzing static sound coming from your speakers or interior!"

PERFORMANCE VOLTAGE REGULATOR ENGINE POWER CHIP JAGUAR - SAVE GAS INCREASE MPG | eBay

Total scam?

Old 06-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 369 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by jagosaurus
Total scam?

In a word, YES.

What a ridiculous list of "benefits.". They claim it can increase horsepower, improve fuel economy AND improve the NAV! Wow.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Does anyone know what it actually does?

Old 06-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Received 240 Likes on 160 Posts

A lot of the 'chips' out there basically alter the MAF signal and dump a little extra fuel.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Received 447 Likes on 333 Posts

This one hooks up to the positive and negative terminals of the battery. Then it lights up. Typical ricer, pinball machine junk.

What a load of sh*t.
Vector

Old 06-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 430 Likes on 323 Posts

It's just a very large Capacitor to hold a charge and "Help" the Battery under short term high drain conditions.

Car Audio installers have been using them for years. Helps for Short Term heavy current draw for the Woofer Amps.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Received 198 Likes on 106 Posts
Question Would like to hear more about this item!!

Hi,
I would think this would be a very good idea for the Jaguars.
The Jaguar is known for it's temperamental tantrums with voltage fluctuations.
My voltage meter in car fluctuates from 13volts(normal) down to 11.3 or so when I have things on.
I always have my lights on, summer in Ariz. always have A/C on, stereo on and because the A/C is on most of the time when I come to stop lights the engine fan comes on and of course when you are stopped at a light your alternator is not turning at a high rate and I can actually watch the volt meter go up and down with accelerator being pressed.

I have just had a brand new Alternator put in about 2 weeks ago.
I would like an extra 3 volts, could be quite useful, especially in extreme weather conditions.

STAGE 3 D1™ Spec Racing Voltage Engine Chip .

Calling this a item a chip seems to be a misnomer, since it does not really change any settings in the car
(or does it?)

It just has a 3 voltage back up power.

How long would this 3 volts take to use up?
This thread did not get a very big response, I would like to hear more. Any thoughts on Stage 3 D1 ?
Anyone actually installed it?

Thanks and,

Happy Motoring...

Last edited by vettegood; 06-14-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

This is not worth the money. As Paul said, it appears to be a bank of capacitors with a digital voltage display in a pretty package. This is not how voltage regulation is done. It can help source very brief peak currents, that you typically see in high power audio. This is the only useful application potentially, and even that is questionable IMHO.

The reason the voltmeter drops is because it senses the voltage from an accessory circuit, instead of at the battery in the trunk. The voltmeter is seeing voltage drops in the wiring. In other words, Jaguar poorly placed the voltmeter sense points.

If you have a dying battery it is not going to help. It is also not going to decrease the sensitivity of the system electronics to low voltage. And is certainly has no relation to more HP or better gas mileage.

Total nonsense.

Last edited by WhiteXKR; 06-14-2012 at 11:21 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by WhiteXKR:
The Coupe (06-14-2012), vettegood (06-14-2012)
Old 06-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Received 198 Likes on 106 Posts

Ok, my impressions are.
What WhiteXKR said...
Thanks.