Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   Less filling! Tastes great!! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/less-filling-tastes-great-61180/)

steve11 09-23-2011 11:41 AM

Less filling! Tastes great!!

Not wanting to suffer the perils of becoming the 361st poster on the BIGGG convertible hose thread, I’d like to offer a suggestion. I’ve long since stopped posting to that thread because I simply have no more contribution, and rather than adding waste to the post count, I am RESPECTFULLY watching the experts from the sidelines. I’ve chosen my solution and I am completely comfortable with that decision. Many others have also made their choice and it is doubtful any additional information will change their minds.

My suggestion is this – Limit posts on the BIGGG thread to only those who offer solid information or technical input that contributes to some conclusion or outcome, those to be limited to individuals who have, in the past, proven they can offer something of value. Here is a suggested list, the smaller the list the better, but add to it if the contributor can really offer value and advance the discussion:

Walt – Is a principal and has expertise on the hydraulic side.
Dennis07 – Is a principal and has an EE background
WhiteXKR – EE background and has offered valuable theory in the past.
Reverend Sam – EE background and has offered valuable theory/practical info in the past.
Gus – Is a principal and has offered practical experience in the past.

For the rest of us who have already made up our minds, our decisions are indelibly cast in stone and we only wish to rally around one of the solutions could I suggest we engage HERE in a rousing round of:

LESS FILLING (Resistor Solution)

TASTES GREAT (Relief Valve Solution)

Remember to SHOUT IT OUT!! and participate as often as you like:

I'll start:

LESS FILLING!!!!!!

Spurlee 09-23-2011 12:15 PM

Where are the punctuation police! I'm drowning in the longest paragraph ever...

JimC64 09-23-2011 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 169437

Thanks Steve, for the post on this topic.

The thread you refer to has lost most of its appeal to many members here due to countless participants bickering over the "best solution" to an issue. It has in fact lost so much of its broad appeal, other than entertainment value that there have been more than a few calls to close it down!

Whilst it started out as questioning and informative, it seemed to quickly degenerate and is now, without doubt THE single biggest cause of disharmony on this site.

K.Westra 09-23-2011 12:25 PM

Tastes great :)

avos 09-23-2011 01:21 PM

Great filling :)

steve11 09-23-2011 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by JimC64 (Post 408413)
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...0802/car01.jpg

Thanks Steve, for the post on this topic.

The thread you refer to has lost most of its appeal to many members here due to countless participants bickering over the "best solution" to an issue. It has in fact lost so much of its broad appeal, other than entertainment value that there have been more than a few calls to close it down!

Whilst it started out as questioning and informative, it seemed to quickly degenerate and is now, without doubt THE single biggest cause of disharmony on this site.

As a sideline observer, the thread, along with its participants, had its "fits and starts", but it also wasn't managed well which accelerated the decline. At this point, it is what it is.

Translator 09-23-2011 02:23 PM

Thanks Steve for bringing this up.

But I have an inkling that this thread will also degenerate, and form a them and us type of scenario, with associated antagonism.

I sincerely hope I am wrong.

I am at this time, minded to close this thread, but I really do not wish to do so, in the hope that we will simply see:

LESS FILLING = Resistor;
or
TASTES GREAT = Valve.

FROM HERE ON IN, ANY POST IN HERE THAT DOES NOT FOLLOW THE SIMPLE AFORE MENTIONED CRITERIA WILL BE DELETED!

dennisw 10-12-2011 11:59 AM

i see