Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   LS1 XK8 Craigslist (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/ls1-xk8-craigslist-217557/)

RJ237 05-09-2019 02:57 PM

LS1 XK8 Craigslist

This would appear to be a great buy for anyone looking for a conversion.

CHEVY LS Powered JAG XK8 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale

scottatl 05-10-2019 08:49 AM

If it is as claimed, it does seem like a good purchase.

sklimii 05-10-2019 08:59 AM

seems priced a bit high to me but what do I know and front end is sagging - upper mounts appear disintegrated in the pics - probably needs some bushings as well as all the interior work needed. Also looks like the bumper is cracked??

EnjoyEverySandwich 05-10-2019 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by sklimii (Post 2068471)
seems priced a bit high to me but what do I know and front end is sagging - upper mounts appear disintegrated in the pics - probably needs some bushings as well as all the interior work needed. Also looks like the bumper is cracked??

I had the same thought. Engine and trans seemed sorted, but a lot of work need everywhere else. Could be a fun project for someone though. I honestly have no idea what the price floor is on a Jaguar Specialties LS swap, so hard for me to say whether this is a good price or not.

AJ16er 05-10-2019 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by sklimii (Post 2068471)

This presents as the all-too-typical - I lost interest and/or got stumped and now want to recoupe as much $ as possible and get rid of my problem.

JaguarSpecialties 05-10-2019 08:31 PM

Just a note- this car actually has more potential than you think. I pinged the owner and it is running the 5.3L truck LS engine which may LS experts feel has even more power potential than a 5.7L LS1 version. Not clear from the owner if it's a 5.3 iron block/alum heads typical version or the all aluminum L33 version that came out later. What I did notice is it has the later coil packs which could signal a later engine.....

The 5.3 (on paper, with a low revving high LS truck intake) makes 295hp and 335ft-lbs of torque. When switched over to the better flowing car intake, high flow exhaust manifolds and a freeer flow (likely dual) exhaust we use on these conversions, power numbers (with some tuning) can easily get into the 350-370hp range. One of our customers in Phoenix ran this very engine set up the same way in another Jag and with no tuning was pulling an honest 280hp AT THE REAR WHEELS. Anyway, the point is there could be great potential here.

The car needs a few things, but asking isn't getting so who knows what something in this shape will bring. In completed, nice running, good cosmetic shape they are bringing high teens...... Compared to the cost of parts and labor already into it, and what it might cost to start from scratch, for the right person willing to finish it up, this could be a good buy.

Just a note to readers/forum users- if you have questions about the conversions etc.,. please feel free to message me through the forum. Be wary of some negative forum posts you might read here and there because there has been a rash lately of misinformation about conversions shared by those who, although claiming to be enthusiast(s), are unfortunately speaking more from supposition than actual experience or real knowledge.....

All the best

Andrew
Jaguar Specialties

sklimii 05-11-2019 06:41 PM

Thanks Andrew!!! Appreciate the input!