XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new to forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to forum

well, I guess iv got the bug! iv toyed with the idea of a jag. for awhile, but iv never liked the looks of the back ends of most jags. Until i seen a xk8. As i have always been into european sport cars,( starting with triumph, Porsche's, & now own a Benz. I have also been an owner & restorer of 1981 jeeps. having gone through the full line.) So there is room in my stable for something new. I like the early yrs.of the xk8 but am concerned about such problems as the nicasil coated engine ect. so iv just been reading your fine forum, gaining knowledge. Today i got a E mail saying that you deliet inactive accts. so this is my atemp to stay active. I have also been doing some bidding on Ebay but nothing so far. My time frame is April ( thats when i have an investment coming in ) So if there is someone with such a car in my price range? let me know.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Location: Capitola, Calif - beach town - sunny side of Monterey Bay

Where are you located and what is your price range?

Old 01-27-2010, 08:16 AM

I have seen prices from 7,000 to 10,000 which were the two i was bidding on. but were 97. 98's.as the years go up so does the price of course, but there is a point where the front end changes & i don't like them as much as the older versions! Jags seem to depreciate very quickly ( once the warranty ends?). But it all depends on the car. As a benz. owner im familiar with the guide issues, & can do most work myself. Which is also part of the fun of owning European cars. Being from Canada in the early years you had no choice but work on your own cars! If i am corect the 2001 was the year they corrected the nicasil issues, & a car with 98,000 miles should have the guides done?