XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nice Jag.. you MUST be going fast!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Nice Jag.. you MUST be going fast!

In a letter from my Attorney:

An Insurance agent for the woman that ran us off the road spoke to one of the on-scene witnesses and suggested that maybe I was at fault because anyone driving a nice Jag would have been driving too fast (that was the inference).

So everyone do not forget to go out to your Jag and toss a bucket of mud on your ride before you head out for a nice Saturday drive!!

Old 06-27-2010, 01:20 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Man, people (and insurance agencies) will assume, and coach others to say whatever it takes to relieve them of full responsibility.

I remember you saying you didn't have a witness, nor the car/driver who ran you off the road. Good to hear you have indeed made some progress. Keep us updated plz.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,207 Likes on 1,700 Posts

And I thought I heard it all!

Old 06-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts
Default too fast

this doe's not supprise me.for the most part i drive my 99 xk8 coupe like an adult.it looks good and i look good in it!here in ohio the ohio courts just passed a law stating that a police can guess at your speed,and make it stick.drive a four door car and you might be ok.drive by in a exotic[or semi-exotic]guess what,if its a slow day for him he'll play tag with you..steve

Old 06-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

@Mark

Great to meet you and Audrey at Cars and Coffee yesterday!

The remark by your insurance agent isn't a surprise to me. When I was run off the highway and into a concrete barrier by an inattentive driver a few days before your horrific crash, that driver didn't stop either and I had to chase the SOB down. When I stopped him, he said, "Are you sure you weren't zipping around me in that speedy little Jag-wire?"

Biting my tongue very hard, I quite politely said, "Dude, it could have been a Volkswagen filled with kids. The car doesn't matter. What matters is you changed lanes without looking and forced me off the road and into the barrier."

And you and I discussed yesterday, most Jag owners are furiously protective of their cars and drive in a manner that does not put their car and passengers in peril. To paraphrase a very well-known lobby, "Cars don't kill people; people kill people."

And your insurance agent is showing the kind of bias that your attorney can make a good case against. Good luck with your pursuit of justice, my friend!

Old 06-28-2010, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by h20boy
Man, people (and insurance agencies) will assume, and coach others to say whatever it takes to relieve them of full responsibility.

I remember you saying you didn't have a witness, nor the car/driver who ran you off the road. Good to hear you have indeed made some progress. Keep us updated plz.
Matt there were witnesses, the driver's of the two pickups and their wifes in front of the woman. What I thought would be a problem is I didn't get her license plate number and no one on the scene did either. But the State Trooper was able to find the woman by putting together she was in a red Impala and the numbers and letters that people did get, all put together is how the Trooper found her.

She was cited for Failture to preform the duties of a driver in an injury accident and hit and run.

Her insurance company's agent (statefarm) is the person that infered I must have been going fast because I had a nice Jag.

I have Allstate and I must say they are not dragging their feet paying for anything. They paid my Jag off and sent me a check for $26.00. I no longer have my XK8 but I also don't have a payment either. I did have GAP insurance and it would have picked up anything Allstate didn't pay for or within $1000.00.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gus
And I thought I heard it all!
Me too Gus. After those words I'm sure there will be more to come.

Say what they will I have not doubts I will prevail!

Old 06-28-2010, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by steven300
this doe's not supprise me.for the most part i drive my 99 xk8 coupe like an adult.it looks good and i look good in it!here in ohio the ohio courts just passed a law stating that a police can guess at your speed,and make it stick.drive a four door car and you might be ok.drive by in a exotic[or semi-exotic]guess what,if its a slow day for him he'll play tag with you..steve
With all of the electronic devices to measure speed they are going to let a person "eyeball" you and that's going to hold up in court? I'd fight that all the way to the Supreme Court.

A cop here in Oregon tried that on me and the judge tossed the case out. She told the cop that even though his speedometer was calibrated he had radar and laser and pacing me was not acceptable.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by NICE KTY
@Mark

Great to meet you and Audrey at Cars and Coffee yesterday!
The remark by your insurance agent isn't a surprise to me.
Ed nice to meet you and Gary! Nice to be able to put a face with a name and to meet people that you share information with on the forum.

Ed it wasn't MY insurance company that made that statement, it was Hers. He also said that she was a "good driver".

I was surprised to hear that the guy with that Grand Sport Buick with that great paint job had to do a lot of correction work that the shop he took it to covered up. Before you were able to talk to him he was telling me he had the windshield replaced and found a lot of rust that was covered up with paint instead of being fixed. The same for the frame, a lot of rust smoothed out and painted over.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 200 Likes on 176 Posts

Last November I pulled up to red light and stopped. A 17 year old girl blew a red light and turned in front of a Cadillac doing 45 MPH and he T-Boned her, spinning her car 360 degrees into the front bumper of my Jag. She was OK, he broke some ribs and his finger from the air bag deployment Her insurance company claimed him at 40% fault. The repair on my bumper was $1200.00 Her insurance company would pay $410.00 Mine paid me in full. and collected my deductible for me. There was three witnesses who saw here blow the red light not including me. And they still put the gentleman in the Cad at 40% Figure that one.
Doug

Old 06-29-2010, 10:09 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

17 years old?!? ... that would = 100% at fault right there!

Old 06-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

unbelievable