XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Back Rest Seat Has Came Loose

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 01:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rear Back Rest Seat Has Came Loose

Recently when i was driving my xkr coupe, i had to slam my brakes on, i heard a knock from the rear, i thought maybe my spare had shifted and made the noise as it is not screwed down (screw handle missing). Anyway i have been getting a really annoying squeaky rattle noise since then, after investigating it seems the back rest section of my rear seat has come away at the top and my parcel shelf seems to be loose too. What is the easiest way to secure this, has anyone else had this happen?

Old 07-17-2017, 08:04 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

You'll first remove two nuts that have black caps over them found at the bottom front of the bottom seat. Ather removal, pull up the front of the seat to free from the studs, thread the seat belt clasps thru the seat and remove. Notice at the bottom of the rear seat back, there are 2 screws that need removal. After doing so, the seat back would ordinarily be unattached by raising up on it to free it from the lip at the top rear of the seat/storage compartment. Yours is already not in the lipped ledge which holds it in place. So, raise it slightly to clear the lip. push it backwards then down. Reattach all.
Hope this helps.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Charbinjr
You'll first remove two nuts that have black caps over them found at the bottom front of the bottom seat. Ather removal, pull up the front of the seat to free from the studs, thread the seat belt clasps thru the seat and remove. Notice at the bottom of the rear seat back, there are 2 screws that need removal. After doing so, the seat back would ordinarily be unattached by raising up on it to free it from the lip at the top rear of the seat/storage compartment. Yours is already not in the lipped ledge which holds it in place. So, raise it slightly to clear the lip. push it backwards then down. Reattach all.
Hope this helps.
Thank You very much for your reply. This is most helpful, i was hoping i could fit the seat without taking the base off but it does not sound too difficult. Hopefully i will get to fix it in the next day or 2. Ill let you know how i get on, cheers .

Old 07-17-2017, 09:32 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

It is possible that the screws at the bottom of the seat back were never put in! Jam your fingers in the gap and try pulling up slightly. Ya never know! It may be loose.

Last edited by Charbinjr; 07-18-2017 at 05:07 AM.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:36 PM

I had a feel about but the bottom seat does need to come off first, ill try it tomorrow when i have more time. I had a feel about and there is not much room to move about even with the seat forward, ill attempt it and stand outside the car next time.