Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   Restricted performance -P1367 (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/restricted-performance-p1367-58679/)

vinoengel 08-02-2011 06:06 AM

Restricted performance -P1367

Hello again !

Some time ago i posted a problem with my XK8 – 1997 with restricted Performance during warm up and DTC P1242. Did all your recommendations and thought it would be over………but now , twice and repeatable , i have same problem :
ONLY during the warm up phase of the engine , and ONLY if i stop for 10 minutes before temp gauge is at normal and continue to drive or if i drive very slow …..i get restricted performance with loss of some cylinders ( rough running , misfire , comes back intermitient to normal a few times for 1…3 seconds) Then i stop on the side and ply with the engine throttle in low idle until it comes to normal after a few minutes. It NEVER happened when i started from cold and continued to have the engine loaded above 2000rpm until engine temp gauge is at normal temp. It never happened when engine was at normal temp.
The following codes come up now , repeatedly : P0351,P0354,P0356,P0357 and P1367. I found the code text , but need a little Interpretation where to start with the fix.
Thanks

vinoengel 08-03-2011 06:09 AM

In meantime i found under " XK8&XKR Frequent asked Question/ DIY..." an information about the exactly same failure codes. But unable to open the link. The text of the link reads : " ECM leaking capacitor leads to CEL and restricted Performance faults" Thanks to JIMC64 to maintaine such a valuable threat.

You can imagíne how super i feel to found such an information...but unable to open the gate to the wisdom !!

Has anyone more info ?

H20boy 08-03-2011 09:49 AM

hey there, to get access to all the 'good' stuff, you need only another 4-5 posts! :) get your quota up ny saying hello to other new members, and you'll be all set. good luck with those codes.

vinoengel 08-11-2011 05:47 AM

Update : I went thru the forum and found the info regarding all my codes , related to a leaking capacitor in the ECU. Last night i opened the ECO and found nothing looking like a damaged capacitor. A damaged capacitor looks more as a barrel than a nice cylinder. The issue with the ECU was suspect anyway, since it only happens between engine cold and hot .
Next Step is repeat the failure and hopefully stop the car immediately to get the FIRST code. Until now , I get all the codes sorted from low to high. So I never knew what was the first one who came up and hopefully tells me the root cause.
Keep you posted since there seems to be constant demand on help on suspected restricted performance issues.

cly 07-08-2019 11:47 AM

Hi,

How was this problem finished?

Sandor

GGG 07-08-2019 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by cly (Post 2095892)
Hi,

How was this problem finished?

Sandor

This thread is almost 8 years old. There's been a LOT of subsequent threads and discussion on the same topic.

Graham

cly 07-10-2019 03:01 AM

Yes there are. I was searching before writing.
Neither of them applied to my problem despite the sign are same.
Then I was starting my own topic in xtype forum but without solution too.

I am trying to trigger old, unfinished posts now because I am thinking that if the problem become stale 8 years ago the problem must have got solved!
I dont think it is a good habit to leave threads unfinished. If a solution helps the original poster must note it on his thread. If it wasnt happened maybe now it will.

S

Dell Gailey 07-11-2019 01:57 PM

Reread post #6 in the x type thread you have & go back to diagnostic pin out. Seems to me your answer is staring right at you. (On pin out directions, what does it say to do if the ohms are above?)