Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   Security system question (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/security-system-question-12967/)

SeismicGuy 03-26-2009 07:55 PM

Security system question

Something a bit weird happened today. I had set the alarm with the key transmitter (as usual) and later I pressed the unlock key from a distance. I could see that the car disarmed and unlocked (interior light went on) but I got in a brief conversation with someone so did not get to the car for maybe a half minute or so. The interior light was still on and the door was still unlocked so I got in and started her up (curious that cars are female, but I digress). I put the transmission into reverse and started backing out and then I heard a horn honking rapidly. I stopped since I thought maybe it was someone behind me and the honking stopped but there was no other car. So I put it into reverse again and started backing up and again the rapid horn honking--I realized it was me. I stopped and the honking stopped but, again, when backing up honking started again.

So finally I just put the car in park and turned the key off, waited a few seconds, hit the unlock again on the fob (just for good measure) and started the car again. This time there was no problem.

Does anyone know what happened--I could not find anything in the manual about rapid honking but I guess I was somehow triggering the security system.

Thanks,

Doug

H20boy 03-27-2009 12:25 AM

subscribed to this one...probably a random event, but i'd like to hear if anyone else has heard/or experienced the same thing.

Brutal 03-27-2009 12:28 PM

Youre getting old! Hearing and memory goes first, then your eyes. And like joycesjag you get a saggy droopy thingy. The good news....money fixes most of it, and if it doesnt you wont remember anyway

SeismicGuy 03-27-2009 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by BRUTAL (Post 104667)
Youre getting old! Hearing and memory goes first, then your eyes. And like joycesjag you get a saggy droopy thingy. The good news....money fixes most of it, and if it doesnt you wont remember anyway

SAY WHAT?!?!?:confused:

Brutal 03-27-2009 04:48 PM

ITS NO GOOD IF i HAVE TO EXPLAIN, YOU MUST HAVE MISSED A THREAD, FRIDAY AFTERNOON HUMOR. iM GOING TO HAVE A MARGARITA WITH MY WIFE. TOMMORROWS HER 50TH AND A SURPRISE PARTY...BUT ON YOUR ISSUE IVE NEVER HEARD OF A COMPLAINT LIKE THAT

JagtechOhio 03-27-2009 05:46 PM

Was it a Hooter's parking lot?

SeismicGuy 03-27-2009 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by JagtechOhio (Post 104749)
Was it a Hooter's parking lot?

Now that makes sense:D Anyway, it was just weird in that if I truly tripped the security system, it should have been honking or making noise while stopped and not just while going in reverse. Moreover, the pattern of the honks was like you get from the warning beeps of the reverse sensors (but honks instead of beeps). I guess whatever it was that I did it must have confused the computer.

Doug