Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   Selling My Baby :-( (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/selling-my-baby-70881/)

Reverend Sam 04-01-2012 11:13 AM

Selling My Baby :-(

My daughter just turned 16 and I'm not about to let her drive the XK8. I already looked into the insurance and I'd have to start turning tricks just to pay it. Apparently insurance companies believe that 16 year old drivers are likely to get into an accident in a rear wheel drive 300 horsepower V8. Plus I have an accumulated a lot of medical bills which I need to pay off. So, I'm going to sell the XK8 and get something cheap but safe for my daughter to drive. I'd love to keep it, but I already have 5 cars in my name and I'm paying for insurance on all of them. I don't need to add a sixth car for my daughter. I figure this is a good time of year to sell a convertible. I'll still stop in to Jaguar Forums and throw in my two cents when time allows.

If anyone is near Raleigh, NC and interested in a 2003 silver XK8 with about 107,000 miles on it, just send me a PM. I'll be posting it on Craigslist in a day or two.

avos 04-01-2012 11:36 AM

Sorry to hear, and I hope you get a good price; you certainly have kept her in good condition.

You have been very helpful to the community to have taken the time/effort for all the videos and support, big kudos to you, and I wish you all the best!
Andre.

Friarshuck 04-01-2012 11:38 AM

That is really sad to hear, Sam. I know you have put a lot of time, effort and money into that car. Also think you are a little passionate about it. You have also helped members of this forum a GREAT deal. I hate to see you have to get rid of your pride and joy, however, I understand where you're coming from. Medical bills and insurance can be a heavy burden.
I hope you can find a good home for your XK8 and recoup at least some of the money you have put into it. I, also hope you will visit the forum often, and keep us informed on how you are doing.
Don't get too discouraged, maybe in a couple of years you can get another Jag and have that fun all over again. ha
Good luck Sam..........and don't be a stranger.

OldMike 04-01-2012 11:39 AM

Ah yes, the 16 year old situation -- I remember those days. I have two kids, two years apart, so when the daughter turned 16 my insurance skyrocketed, but when my son turned 16 it went up so much I almost puked! I paid so much for insurance until they grew up that it wasn't funny...never made a claim!!!!

Sorry to hear you're going to sell your car -- how much are you asking for it?

Skid Mark 04-01-2012 11:40 AM

Very sorry to hear that, Sam. Five cars is a lot of insurance though.

MRomanik 04-01-2012 12:35 PM

Sorry to hear it Sam. I do enjoy your videos and will continue to use them as needed.

Norri 04-01-2012 12:36 PM

Sorry to hear that Sam.
You're a legend on the forum, so please don't disappear altogether.

mjlaris 04-01-2012 01:07 PM

Sorry to see you go Sam; you will be missed here so stop by often.

Mark

RJag 04-01-2012 01:18 PM

I'll miss you and your submissions. Good luck Sam.:icon_frown:

billm 04-01-2012 01:18 PM

I was just thinking the other day, what happened to the 'Rev'? Sorry to see the Jag and you go, but I can understand about the Insurance. By the way it took me a long time, to understand why you had a 'bird logo' on the car. Then you finally answered my perplexion, when you said it was a once in a lifetime photo, when a bird happened to be flying by.

You have been a wealth of info and dedication to this Forum, stay in touch...

Abby's Guy 04-01-2012 02:06 PM

So sorry to read that, Sam! A jolt to my newbie heart.

Thank you for documenting so much of your work so we can all benefit from it. You have created a legacy. Thank you.

If you have five cars and this is the one you're letting go, I'm almost afraid to ask what the others are. What could be better than an XK8? I'm guessing it's not 4 XKR's.

This is probably why my folks always said I could have any car I could afford.

Thank you, again, for all you've done so well for so many. Hope to see you again. (wish we were ready to get my wife's XK8)

RCSign 04-01-2012 02:29 PM

We'll miss you Sam Good Luck on future endeavors. Get your 16 year old something with lower horsepower and a lot of weight . Hope you sell the XK8 quickly.

daddyo007 04-01-2012 02:31 PM

What we are missing is Sam has medical bills to pay off. Hope all is fine now in Rev Sam's world. Selling a car to begin a new chapter in your daughter's life is well, priceless. Don't be a stranger.

Jon89 04-01-2012 04:00 PM

Agreed. Sorry to learn that you've decided to sell the XK8, but much more importantly, how are you doing healthwise? There are many folks here on the forum who are concerned about you. Let us know how you are feeling these days....

Felipe Pr 04-01-2012 04:23 PM

Sorry to hear you are selling your baby, your hobby, your entertainment. Hope everything is good for you now, health wise. Keep in touch.

GordoCatCar 04-01-2012 04:33 PM

I call April Fools.... I hope.

Sean B 04-01-2012 04:46 PM

I can only echo what everyone else on here - I guess there comes a time in everyone's life where things make it difficult to keep a Jaguar....someone will get a great car, just point them in the direction of the forum to see how well it's been cared for.

I raise a glass to you Sam for all the helpful posts.

H20boy 04-01-2012 05:07 PM

I wish I had an extra car to donate :) It won't be the same without you on here Rev, doing your thing, slinging witty remarks and directing those home movies for us all to watch over and over (I refer to DIY repairs, of course)

2002XK8Orlando 04-01-2012 08:44 PM

A big 'THANK YOU' for all you have added to this forum. Hopefully we will all see you posting with an avatar of a new jag in your garage in the future. :icon_sultan:

JimC64 04-01-2012 08:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 165164

Whoa, did I hear right?
I knew we hadn't seen so much of you for a time Sam but didn't see this coming!!

I totally understand on the price of insurance for the youngsters, but 5 cars??
you can only drive one at at time you know...lol

You will me missed here Sam but I'm sure your legacy will live on thru your many vids.

As said before, we know you had some pretty serious health problems a while ago.............hopefully all is well now?
You will always be welcome here, Jag owner or not, so feel free to drop on by any time....

All my best...