Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   So...... just a comment about my XKR (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/so-just-comment-about-my-xkr-65049/)

John Fox 12-16-2011 05:13 PM

So...... just a comment about my XKR

First off Im a dumbass.... I have been telling everyone I have a 2001 when I actually bought a 2000, LOL. I was bidding on both this car and another purple, yes purple, XKR but it was the 2001. Anyway... its a 2000 with 100K on it.

Despite having many Jaguars since 1977 (first one,74 XKE) I have never driven an XJR nor an XKR. HOLY CRAP BATMAN..... reminds me of my musclecar days and my Road Runners. Fun Fun Fun :icon_rally:

Anyway, I'm sooooooo hooked now on Supercharged engines. This is a very nice car albeit damaged in the front which I will repair. One owner, clean fluids, runs and drives perfect and straight as an arrow. I will check the tensioners when I remove the hood to fix the front end. Based on the condition I bet they have been done. Guess we will see.:icon_denk:

Everything works perfectly including the top. Great like new tires and look like very recent brakes. Body is straight with only one small door ding on the passenger 1/4 which i'll have a PDR guy remove.

Interior is in nice shape with no tears in the seats but some wear so I will re dye them. Perfect center console and working cupholder, whoo hoo, lol, not that I use it. Heck even the headliner is perfect.

Anyway, at this point just wanted to voice my pleasure to other Jaguar guys. Common people just dont get it, LOL. I think I will sell off the my 99 VDP now also and maybe add some performance goodies to the XKR.:icon_beerchug:

xenophobe 12-16-2011 09:12 PM

Yeah, my 97 XK8 reminds me of my 73 Challenger in how it handles drifting and accelerates. Very fun and predictable, but not sports car fast like my XKR.

dibbit 12-17-2011 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by John Fox (Post 441720)
I think I will sell off the my 99 VDP now also and maybe add some performance goodies to the XKR.:icon_beerchug:

I added a sports exhaust to mine - now it sounds like it looks, but is still quiet when cruising down the motorway.

And yes, they really are fantastic cars.

H20boy 12-17-2011 03:39 PM

surely not as bad as when I had to ask the forum members what the heck that button was beneath my accelerator pedal :) No other car I've driven actually had a physical switch beneath the go pedal before...how was I supposed to know? Found out what aforementioned switch did about 2 months after owning it, when I got ticked at a car in front of me and went to pass...wwwhoooooooOOO

jamjax 12-17-2011 04:45 PM

That's a switch???

I thought it was just a resistor spring and by pressing through it/flooring it opened the throttles wide open.

Didn't realize it was some type of 'drive by wire switch.

'Discovered' it the first day....but I had 600 miles to play around in.

Thanks,

'Fellow Dumbass' jj