Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   Time to sadly say Goodbye...to my XK8... (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/time-sadly-say-goodbye-my-xk8-217457/)

andyzeg 05-07-2019 05:40 AM

Time to sadly say Goodbye...to my XK8...

I have sadly and reluctantly decided to sell my beloved XK8.

I now need something more practical and have made the decision after four years of loving and cherishing this car.

It has given me so much pleasure and is an absolute joy to drive...it has also given me a headache from time to time and left a dent in my bank balance!

It is now in great shape with a full recent respray and much work done so I guess this is the best way to part with it...on good terms.

I now have to thank with all my heart all the contributors and managers of this wonderful forum who have helped and advised me for the last four years. Your help has been invaluable!

I will keep my membership open and glance back occasionally though. And who knows...I might get another Jag in the future?

I hope my XK8 will find an enthusiastic and grateful new owner who will cherish this lovely car as much as I have. Feel free to check the ad in this forum's Classified section.

So for now, at least, andyzeg is signing off as a Jaguar owner....but not yet from this great forum!

Bye All...and thanks for everything!!

Warmest Regards

Andrew

MiragePro 05-08-2019 07:35 AM

That is a shame, sad to see you go. Just curious what you plan on replacing it with? By the way, I plan on being in Inverness this coming June. Going to the UK to shoot a music video and taking some time to doing some exploring and maybe trying to catch a Salmon in Lake Ness and seeing some beautiful Jags.

CaleyThistle 05-08-2019 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by MiragePro (Post 2067386)
catch a Salmon in Lake Ness and seeing some beautiful Jags.

Tut tut!.. No lakes in Scotland. :icon_lol:

Colin

sklimii 05-08-2019 08:25 AM

sad to see you go. Hopefully the XK8 finds a decent new home - she is a beauty.

MiragePro 05-08-2019 08:35 AM

I'm bad. Loch Ness

andyzeg 05-08-2019 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by MiragePro (Post 2067386)
That is a shame, sad to see you go. Just curious what you plan on replacing it with? By the way, I plan on being in Inverness this coming June. Going to the UK to shoot a music video and taking some time to doing some exploring and maybe trying to catch a Salmon in Lake Ness and seeing some beautiful Jags.

Yes...Loch Ness...make sure you get that right before you visit...otherwise it is grounds for deportation! Lol!!! Haha!

andyzeg 05-08-2019 08:54 AM

In case anyone can make it...I am showing my XK8 at the Inverness Classic Vehicle Show this Saturday 11th May from 11.00am until 3.00pm.

I will be up the hill in the Castle grounds so it would be great to see anyone from this Forum...and you can have a closer look at my car!

Lots of other classics on display around the City Centre!

Hope to see you there

Regards

Andrew